What Is A Killer/Survivor You Associate To A Song?
Since the community seems to have a lot of negative recently, I thought it would be a cool idea to do something fun. So tell me, what is a Character you associate with a song, or vice versa, a song you associate with a Character? If you do, is there any particular reason as to why?
For me personally, there are my favorite ones:
Legion
- Song: No Future, No Illusions
- Artist(s): Deadlife
- Album: God In The Machine
- Reason: While not really fitting the "rock" aesthetic that Legion has, I think it matches more towards their "punk" aesthetic specifically in regards to the theme the songs presents. I also think the dark-synth harmony and melody at 3:09 really do match Legion's personality. Lyrics should be self explanatory (e.g. "balancing trust at the edge of a blade").
Blight
- Song: Professional Griefers
- Artist(s): Deadmau5, Gerard Way
- Album: Album Title Goes Here
- Reason: I think it fits the idea of Blight, the entire song is about humanity's awful creations and the consequences that follow, which fits Blight's lore quite well. I also really like the pacing of the song specifically because the beat is really helpful for timing Blighted Corruption's Rushes.
Onryo
- Song: Till It's Over
- Artist(s): Tristam
- Album: Till It's Over
- Reason: This song just provides me so much motivation to actually play Onryo since the song is about never giving up, which considering how weak Onryo is, it really fits her, for me at least. There are also many lyrical parts which just fit her really well (e.g. "They thought they could keep me down, hold their breath and watch me drown, but all they did was push me higher") considering her ties with the ocean/water.
That being said, you can go in as much or little detail as you like, since again, this is just meant to be fun.
Also I am probably going to check out a lot of the songs you reply with since Im really looking for more variety to put into my Spotify playlist.
Comments
Hillbilly: how do I live without you, Trisha yearwood.
Moving by Get Scared whenever I think about Legion and for survivor in general, Born For This by The Score.
Let me edit this for more reasoning. Born For This is motivational and gets me hyped up to style on the killer and Get Scared is a band that is mainly punk rock and angst, fitting the group. This one being one of their more fast paced tracks.
I saw the achievement that came with Onryo was Ghost in the Machine, so I just associate Onryo with that album.
Dredge: Fright Night by Stradivarius
Singularity: Suffer by Mechina
Knight: Dark Souls 3 main menu lol
Hag: Rose Red by Woodland
Wraith: Hunter's Moon by Ghost
Skull Merchant: R.I.P. by Coldrain
Oh, by the way, I hope you're doing well! Last we really spoke, I was concerned. Still am but you get the idea. :>
Oh boy. Time to list every Aviators song I know. (If you're not familiar with Aviators, you can easily find their music on YouTube.) Also, I'm stealing the OP's listing format because it's nice and tidy. X3
Legion
Ghost Face
Doctor
Nightmare
Dredge
Wraith
Plague
Trickster
The Shape
... I'll think of more later, probably. XD
dredge and achy breaky heart
You just got a laugh out of me and now I wish we could change a killer's chase music.
I associate hammer smashed face with any killer that has a hammer because I find it funny and then imagine if it was their terror radius
Killers:
The Wraith: "Ding, Dong, The Witch is Dead" (from "The Wizard of Oz"), simply because of the bell.
The Cannibal: "Love Buzz" by Nirvana, because that's my feeling of Bubba's relationship to his chainsaw.
The Oni: "Fire" by Arthur Brown, for the rage and redness his power eminates.
The Deathslinger: "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" by Ennio Morricone, for pretty obvious reasons.
The Executioner: "Betrayal" by Akira Yamaoka, because of a) it's iconic role in Silent Hill 2, b) it would be great, if unusual, style of chase music and c) it's just an amazing piece of music.
The Blight: "Pinball Wizard" by The Who, for his ability.
The Mastermind: "Highway to the Dangerzone" by Kenny Loggins, necause it fits the sunglasses and cheese of Wesker too well.
The Skull Merchant: "Dog Ending Credits Song" by Akira Yamaoka, because she's a joke.
Survivors:
Dwight Fairfield: "Danger Sport" by HOOKSOUNDS, because of the brilliant "Leader perk" video by Dark Hood.
David King: "What's the Story (Morning Glory)" by Oasis, because it's the swagger I imagine King to have.
David Tapp: "Tap That" by Megan McCauley, because of his name brings it up.
Kate Denson: "All Too Well" by Taylor Swift, because of her physical similarity and the music I imagine she would do.
Adam Francis: "Word Up" by Cameo, necause of his hair.
Yui Kimura: "Wait" by Adventure Club, because of the vibes of her racing trailer gave me.
Cheryl Mason: "You're Not Here" by Akira Yamaoka, because of the obvious Silent Hill 3 theme.
Love Buzz <3
Hillbilly: Black Betty by Spiderbait. This high energy country sounding song accentuated by a banjo is a song I can vividly picture the Hillbilly sprinting around to.
Deathslinger: Big Iron by Marty Robins. I think this one's kinda obvious.
The Artist - Evanescence - My Immortal , It's the song that pops to my mind when reading through her lore and the pain she's been through. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu7QvOQKcKk
The Dredge - Breaking Benjamin - WHat Lies Beneath - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztJirkY5AMw
The Plague - Disturbed - Down with the Sickness - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L78yVFeyvRo
The Blight - The Darkness - One Way Tickect To Hell - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8CnrVfxvqU - Because i imagine all blight player's are high on cocaine, the way some of them play XD