Is it normal...
To consistently get your teeth kicked in? I have about 100 hours into the game, and mostly play killer but I've been getting tilted lately, and I'm lucky to get a draw. I came back to play last week so my rank is low, but I still can't keep up.
Is it normal to have a 1 kill multi-game spree? As much as I joke around I genuinely don't like lobby dodging, but I played a multi-prestige 4 man with three flashlights and got absolutely destroyed.
Comments
100 hours is nothing. The matchmaking in this game is awful so you need to keep in mind that you're going to routinely get matched with survivors who have THOUSANDS of hours. It's a mismatch from the beginning. The same thing happens to unprepared solo teams when they get matched with 5000 hour alch ring blights.
I have 3024 (last time I checked at least) hours
I still routinely get my teeth kicked in as a killer
I can't speak for everyone but I find that most games as the killer go REALLY well or REALLY poorly and there doesn't seem to be a lot of games with middle ground. I suppose part of it is on me as I don't like playing as the two big dawgs (Nurse and Blight) but yeah, getting beat up happens even at a vets level.
The game has a very very steep learning curve.
So yeah, it's fairly normal.
100 hours is very little playtime. Just keep it up, with time and experience you'll get better. There are people with thousands of hours who still struggle.
Keep sticking with it. You’ll get better. These have been my key learnings in my experience playing killer:
I got over 5k hours and still killer is hard and survivor still kickback easy
This is setting you up for failure. Camping is about to get heavily nerfed. It will be even harder to use this tactic to win, unless it's at endgame. Do not camp and tunnel for pressure. The more wins you secure, the more your ranking will go up and you will lose against even more sweatier opponents. Play normally, take Ls and learn where you can improve. If you're a Trickster, try getting some sick trickshots with those knives or hone your Huntress hatchet throw skills. Get better at forcing Survivors into a position where they will get hit with your whip as Nemesis, etc etc. Don't coddle yourself.
It's normal at that experience level. It still happens to me every now and then at 4500. The best advice I can give is to embrace the technique and learning side of it. The results will come eventually if you do that.