Three Skull Merchants Tonight

Would anyone like to guess how many of them held a 3-gen?

Would anyone else like to guess how long the games were?


I think I figured out why some people enjoy playing her that way. One of them was streaming and had a "Skull Merchant Rage DC counter" on display and when I asked them what it was for they said something along the lines of, "For the ragequitting Survivor mains who throw a tantrum whenever a Killer is winning".


Yeah, just venting, not meant to be taken super seriously. I still think she needs to be completely re-designed. I really should stop playing Survivor as well lmao

Comments

  • @RoastedGarlic said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3425176#Comment_3425176

    she isn't dull, however most of the people that use her don't know how to use her properly. When used right she is absolutely a blast to chase survivors with.

    again she isn't the problem, 3 genning is. A lot of killers can do it, she just happens to be the best. To solve the problem you don't change every killer than can 3 gen. You change 3 genning. Work smarter not harder.

    This is from my stream a few minutes ago. I ended up being held hostage by this particular skull merchant because once again killers lose their minds if someone gets the hatch. David DCd and she hooked Leon right before he bled out then came to find me. Either way this clip serves to prove your point that gen placement is a huge issue. This Skull Merchant was able to defend 3 gens with just TWO drones.

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1817466919

  • @RoastedGarlic said:

    I stated this in another thread but as someone who plays the skull merchant and doesn't use her drones on generators. I'm tired of hearing the need for her to be reworked. Skull merchant does not need a rework.

    GENERATOR PLACEMENT requires a rework. Gens just spawn way to close as is, you can get not just 3 genned but 4 genned. It can be absolutely stupid how badly the rng can screw a game from the start.

    Honestly a change that should happen would be to make it so when 3 gens are repaired 2 break down again adding them back to the repair pool so there is 5 gens that can be worked on instead of only 3. Doing this would remove 3 gen entirely. Killers shouldn't have an easy patrol path.

    How's this for Gen Placement? She covered 3 gens with 2 drones. Was 4 until we got the one near shack done. No way we could escape this match.

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1817466919

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3425200#Comment_3425200

    I get that it's a subjective thing, different tastes and I respect that, I just don't understand what's fun about playing SM.

    Having played her for the adept and the recent tome challenges, I've come to the conclusion that she's boring to play no matter if you're winning or losing.

    I don't see what there is to master, your power does everything for you.

    It protects generators for you, it alerts you what gens are being worked on, it alerts you when people are countering your power, it shuts down basically any loop in the game forcing the survivor to leave. It gives you some stealth (For some reason????) and It speeds you up when survivors mess with your power, making chasing as an m1 killer a bit easier

    To top it all off she doesn't even have a fun power to use in chase - moving slightly faster is not a fun and engaging power. It's a lazy bandaid fix.

    It feels to me like some people are acting like SM is a lot more complicated and deeper than she really is. A power having lots of things and being needlessly complicated doesn't mean it takes a lot of skill or mastery to use.

    Personally I really enjoy simple killers who doesn't have bunch of techs I have to learn to even play the killer. I personally hate blight and somewhat dislike Wesker because of this. I play a bunch of different types of games and I can't memorize or develop muscle memory to do all these different techs some of these killers have. It's the same reason why I hate fighting games because of all the damn combos you have to learn to even compete.

    To put it in perspective some of my most favorite killers in the game right are wraith, legion, knight and yes even SM. I enjoy simple killers with simple powers.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3425365#Comment_3425365

    I think her ability to lock down 3 gens is a bit undersold, to be honest. She can render gens unrepairable in multi-floor buildings because of Exposed+Undetectable. That effectively turns a 3 gen into a 2 gen unless the survivors are just dumb/don't know any better or have tight comms+Balanced Landing. And people tend to forget about the delay each drone causes on top of taking players with claw traps out of gen repairs. There's a whole lot of steps survivors have to take just to start a gen against her.

    Those pre-requisites aren't there for other killers who can play around a 3 gen. You can take the infection and W early against Plague, but she has no natural stall like SM. Hag can be turned into a meme if everyone W's up the map walls away from the 3 gen, and again, no natural delay. Oni is on a timer, and you can jump in a locker to force him out of his power if you get caught out and want to prevent a snowball.

    SM is much better at locking down gens because she has natural delay and a combination of stealth+lethality to make certain gens too risky.

    You basically said exactly what I was trying to say, just better.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3425474#Comment_3425474

    You basically said exactly what I was trying to say, just better.

    Not to mention if we do hack a drone and she chases us we auto break any pallet we vault so we can't run away from her either. Her drones shouldn't reset if we get too close. When they are done they are done. The trap shouldn't break pallets. She shouldn't be able to reset the drones from anywhere either.

  • You had 3 Skull Merchants and I had 3 Demos. Much prefer 3 Demos to 3 Skull Merchants. Seriously she is such a dull killer. Her and Knight were yikes.

  • I dont understand how anyone can play out a 40+ min game.

    If 3gen lasts for 10min already just break it or die?

    Good matches for maxing out bp and then giving up if you ask me. But sure play them out even for 2 hours if you enjoy it that much

  • @GannTM said:

    Streamers like that are why both sides will never get along. It’s this endless cycle of toxicity that divides this community. It’s so sad honestly.

    People love to watch streamers act like idiots and give other people a bad time. This is a general problem of human mentality. In my country we call it Schadenfreude - the joy of the suffering of others.

  • I can see both sides of this. I'd be sad to see the SM go tho, or any other killers.

    Being in a stalemate for 20 minutes is absurd, let alone an hour.

    I do find Skull Merchant fun to play tho, surprisingly. Something about putting drones on the fly and having a device tracking survivors is great fun to me.

    I couldn't hold a game for more than 10 minutes of stalemate tho. After a while I'll just let people go. Well I would want to kill a few of them but still. Better jump to the next match than remain in one forever. Bloodpoints aren't farming themselves.

  • @Kirarozu said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3425167#Comment_3425167

    How's this for Gen Placement? She covered 3 gens with 2 drones. Was 4 until we got the one near shack done. No way we could escape this match.

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1817466919

    This is exactly what I am talking about that doesn't get enough attention. The gens shouldn't be close enough that you can lock down 2 more gens with 1 drone. Thank you for posting this.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3425200#Comment_3425200

    She's not.

    Even if you don't use the 3-gen or Totem Defender strat, you're just gonna be an anti-loop Killer. Place Drone at loop, Survivors must leave loop and eat an M1, hold W, repeat.

    You could just play Knight. That's a significant portion of his gameplay.

    I don't like the way the knights power works, at all he sucks and I do not like the way he feels. Sms power is more fun to use. So no I rather play her. Her chase music absolutely sucks though.

    @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3425356#Comment_3425356

    And yet, I've not been held in 30 minute matches by any other Killer.

    I have actually, by an infinite t3 michael that refused to hook me while searching for the other person that spent the whole game hiding. He left me to bleed out and then when I got close to dying he carried me around I had to bait him into killing me so I could leave with out dcing. I posted about that here on the forums right after wesker came out. Before the knight was a thing.

    I have also been 3 genned multiple times at over 30 minutes by a knight. You can hate the skull merchant all you want, but if I wanted to 3 gen you with huntress I could and I would have an easier time doing it with her than the skull merchant. Playing like that sucks though and isn't fun.


    The real issue is gen placement. Which again almost everyone conveniently ignores.

  • @RoastedGarlic said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3425491#Comment_3425491

    This is exactly what I am talking about that doesn't get enough attention. The gens shouldn't be close enough that you can lock down 2 more gens with 1 drone. Thank you for posting this.

    No Problem. Yeah some of these maps have massive gen placement issues. The Skull Merchant is still very strong despite gen placement though. There are maps that don't have this problem and she will still dominate.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    I dont understand how anyone can play out a 40+ min game.

    If 3gen lasts for 10min already just break it or die?

    Good matches for maxing out bp and then giving up if you ask me. But sure play them out even for 2 hours if you enjoy it that much

    Because I don't want to have to DC or throw because a Killer has decided to hold the game hostage.

  • can you believe since the release I only came across her 2 times?

    I've never seen a killer flop so hard, even the knight was played way more lol

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    I dont understand how anyone can play out a 40+ min game.

    If 3gen lasts for 10min already just break it or die?

    Good matches for maxing out bp and then giving up if you ask me. But sure play them out even for 2 hours if you enjoy it that much

    +1

    My time is precious to me, "I don't wanna give up" my a*

    I wouldn't think twice, next!

  • @Kirarozu said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3425167#Comment_3425167

    How's this for Gen Placement? She covered 3 gens with 2 drones. Was 4 until we got the one near shack done. No way we could escape this match.

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1817466919

    187078a94f840-screenshotUrl.jpg

    This was a gen placement from awhile ago in a SM game lol to her absolute credit though, she didn't do the 3 gen strat even though it was the perfect set up. She's only in the area because I finally got matched with a good solo team that was determined to pop one of these gens just in case. She had a chase build and got a 3k (4th got hatch). It was really the only SM game I enjoyed.

  • I wish I could get one of those cool Skull Merchants but I always get the killers who do the absolute maximum to end the game as fast as possible. I had a SM a bit ago who had her 3gen set up and her devour hope was right next to a gen too. Any time we hacked the drone with devour she dropped chase and ran back over to defend it. No one survived. I was the last survivor because it was completely lucky she didn't see me. She found the hatch first. She then put a drone on each exit gate. Once 2 survivors are dead against SM you cannot escape unless you get lucky enough to find the hatch. All of my SM's except this last one have slugged the 3rd survivor and refused to hook them until they found the 4th survivor. It's insane how strong she is. I used to think Pinhead was strong. At least against him you could dodge chains but with her have ZERO chance to escape. As soon as I see SM I know I already lost. The item I brought is useless. I'm probably going to depip.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Would anyone like to guess how many of them held a 3-gen?

    Would anyone else like to guess how long the games were?

    I think I figured out why some people enjoy playing her that way. One of them was streaming and had a "Skull Merchant Rage DC counter" on display and when I asked them what it was for they said something along the lines of, "For the ragequitting Survivor mains who throw a tantrum whenever a Killer is winning".

    Yeah, just venting, not meant to be taken super seriously. I still think she needs to be completely re-designed. I really should stop playing Survivor as well lmao

    • One of them was streaming and had a "Skull Merchant Rage DC counter" on display and when I asked them what it was for they said something along the lines of, "For the ragequitting Survivor mains who throw a tantrum whenever a Killer is winning"

    And this is the result of the devs just accepting the stupid notion that the killer must be "the power role" and have a 70% win rate. People get power trips like this.

    It would be oh so sweet if people doing this got placed to face high level, highly coordinated SWFs and had a huge loss streak to deflate them. But no, the game just puts them against whichever random is available and keeps them riding their power high because God forbid people have to wait in queue more than 30 seconds to have a properly balanced match.

  • @Eelanos said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/375213/three-skull-merchants-tonight

    • One of them was streaming and had a "Skull Merchant Rage DC counter" on display and when I asked them what it was for they said something along the lines of, "For the ragequitting Survivor mains who throw a tantrum whenever a Killer is winning"

    And this is the result of the devs just accepting the stupid notion that the killer must be "the power role" and have a 70% win rate. People get power trips like this.

    It would be oh so sweet if people doing this got placed to face high level, highly coordinated SWFs and had a huge loss streak to deflate them. But no, the game just puts them against whichever random is available and keeps them riding their power high because God forbid people have to wait in queue more than 30 seconds to have a properly balanced match.

    Yeah, I actually went against them again tonight.

    I'm still in the match as I'm typing it out. They aren't leaving the 3-gen, so I'm free to type lmao. They've picked up and dropped multiple people so that they don't bleed out rather than hook them.

1 2 ›