SIGH: Facecamping

I took a break from survivor to nuke on Ghostface, and was averaging 4k for about 7 games in a row.


Decided to hop back on since the update, and EVERY round has consisted of Face-camping to the point it is obscene. Players were running BUBBAH and I gotta admit, unless you're running bully squad, survivor is just exhausting.


Artist? Proxy camped continuously, face camped first hook

Bubbah? Face camped each player

Legion? For some reason, face camped the first hook

Huntress? They hook camp every game, usually with iri because bad mmr and desperation


Watching a streamer RIGHT now, and they've been proxy/face camped for 2 games in a row. Tunneling is whatever, but jeez dude. When I run GF, I just can't commit to camping a hook or tunneling: I don't know why this is so hard.

Comments

  • @MonsterDilf said:

    I took a break from survivor to nuke on Ghostface, and was averaging 4k for about 7 games in a row.

    Decided to hop back on since the update, and EVERY round has consisted of Face-camping to the point it is obscene. Players were running BUBBAH and I gotta admit, unless you're running bully squad, survivor is just exhausting.

    Artist? Proxy camped continuously, face camped first hook

    Bubbah? Face camped each player

    Legion? For some reason, face camped the first hook

    Huntress? They hook camp every game, usually with iri because bad mmr and desperation

    Watching a streamer RIGHT now, and they've been proxy/face camped for 2 games in a row. Tunneling is whatever, but jeez dude. When I run GF, I just can't commit to camping a hook or tunneling: I don't know why this is so hard.

    I played 10+ games of survivor tonight. Wasn't face camped once. These posts seem unbelievable to me because I don't share in the experience at all like ever. Only time I get camped is if I piss a killer off and loop them for awhile or at endgame.

  • @DyingWish92 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/373019/sigh-facecamping

    I played 10+ games of survivor tonight. Wasn't face camped once. These posts seem unbelievable to me because I don't share in the experience at all like ever. Only time I get camped is if I piss a killer off and loop them for awhile or at endgame.

    Your post seems unbelievable to ME because I don't share in the experience at all. Only time I never get camped is if the killer isn't pissed off or doesn't feel like playing the loop game until the end.


    I don't know if it is denial or if you're really making the surprised Pikachu, one finger to your cheek looking up in disbelief face and hear about this experience which is SO common for survivors. Like come on, literally don't act obtuse lol

  • I've played three games tonight.


    One was against a Legion with 15 hours.

    Next was against a streamer playing Nurse. Took us to Midwich and that was that.

    Last one was against a Skull Merchant doing the tried and true 3-gen strat.


    Honestly, we probably could've won against the Dull Merchant but I guess nobody felt like sticking around for an hour.

  • @Pulsar said:

    I've played three games tonight.

    One was against a Legion with 15 hours.

    Next was against a streamer playing Nurse. Took us to Midwich and that was that.

    Last one was against a Skull Merchant doing the tried and true 3-gen strat.

    Honestly, we probably could've won against the Dull Merchant but I guess nobody felt like sticking around for an hour.

    My games consisted of the buttery biscuit boy Bubbah face camping immediately (did the same, the night before.)


    I love when we go against Onryo players because they almost NEVER camp the hook: they spend so much time putting pressure on us, and it is challenging BUT enjoyable.


    I really want to see more of the devs playing the game and getting demolished like that beautiful-- magical day Mathieu was stomped in as Hag (and she was promptly buffed after.) Could be a case of Schadenfreude because I'm 100% convinced that they're simply not playing enough, and experiencing enough, of this game to understand just HOW bad camping is.

  • Different mmr brackets can have different killer behaviour, would be my best guess !

    I've played a dozen games since the update and haven't been camped yet (tunneled twice). In fact, I've seen a lot of very chill, nice killers who send love in postgame chat.

    That being said, I'm pretty low mmr I would guess, and I'm often matched with chill casual killers.

  • @HugTheHag said:

    Different mmr brackets can have different killer behaviour, would be my best guess !

    I've played a dozen games since the update and haven't been camped yet (tunneled twice). In fact, I've seen a lot of very chill, nice killers who send love in postgame chat.

    That being said, I'm pretty low mmr I would guess, and I'm often matched with chill casual killers.

    I think it happens across the board on the reg.

  • @MonsterDilf said:

    I took a break from survivor to nuke on Ghostface, and was averaging 4k for about 7 games in a row.

    Decided to hop back on since the update, and EVERY round has consisted of Face-camping to the point it is obscene. Players were running BUBBAH and I gotta admit, unless you're running bully squad, survivor is just exhausting.

    Artist? Proxy camped continuously, face camped first hook

    Bubbah? Face camped each player

    Legion? For some reason, face camped the first hook

    Huntress? They hook camp every game, usually with iri because bad mmr and desperation

    Watching a streamer RIGHT now, and they've been proxy/face camped for 2 games in a row. Tunneling is whatever, but jeez dude. When I run GF, I just can't commit to camping a hook or tunneling: I don't know why this is so hard.

    It's very simple cause and effect.


    Last patch killers had tools where they could regress generators with things like Pain Res, Overcharge and CoB. Those perks do almost nothing compared to what they did before but 75% nerfs will do that.


    I removed every single build regression perk in my builds. I replaced them with other perks that potentially could save me time elsewhere. But since I can't guard generators I need to guard something else. Instead now I guard hooks.

    Before sure I was mostly hard tunneling but now I'm adding hard camping because there is little point in trying to stop generators. Spread some damage and then proxy camp until someone dies.


    I don't want to play the game this way but that's what DBD has devolved into. As a reminder : we had a very healthy chase meta with Pop when it took 20% off a generator regardless of its progress. Then we went to a meta where kicking was more important than chasing. Now we're at a point where I don't even touch the generators most of the time.


    I don't play a killer with fast movement so if someone holds shift+W I am powerless. I could waste lots of time chasing them or I could just do what the most successful predators in nature do : you wait for the prey to come to you.


    The worst part is that I played in a SWF today with a collective hour count close to 15k or more and we lost several games when the killer just camped someone out.