The SM drones are extremely unfair in multi-level maps

Just like boon totems, it's extremely unfair for the drones to work on more than one level. The whole point of the drone is that it can be deactivated, which for obvious reasons you can't do in multistory maps. How did nobody think of this??

Comments

  • Don't forget when the knight guards fly through floors

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I would agree, but then it becomes a double standard. If you take away multi floor drones, then boons need the same treatment.

    SM is one of many Killers in the roster and not every map is indoors. You’ll be likely to see more SM’s now than in the future but landing a SM on an indoor map would just count as unlucky. Same as getting a stealth Killer on indoor maps or Trickster on open, short wall loop maps…or highly mobile Killers on open maps.

    Some Killer/Map combos work really well and others do not.

    You know what? I agree. Nerf them both.

  • Imagine not knowing how to use stairs.

  • Wait…is it a viable strat to drop a SM drone in the shack basement then?

  • @Hi_Im_Chucky said:

    Wait…is it a viable strat to drop a SM drone in the shack basement then?

    Hypothetically that would work but I'm not sure it would be worth the time investment as they'd probably just leave the loop immediately after you activate the drone. If shack had basement and a gen then yeah I could see it being worth it.

  • @Xendritch said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3369266#Comment_3369266

    Hypothetically that would work but I'm not sure it would be worth the time investment as they'd probably just leave the loop immediately after you activate the drone. If shack had basement and a gen then yeah I could see it being worth it.

    I personally love using them on Gens that are hard to patrol. Like DDS’s balcony or the Top floor of Pren.

  • Does it matter? I've been playing a fair bit and I still haven't even seen a skull merchant yet. And the multi level maps have always been trash for aura abilities. Boons, starstruck, coulraphobia.

  • Yeah, IMO both Boons and Drones should not be able to patrol multiple Floors. One of the concepts of Boons is that the Killer can snuff it out without much time investment, however, this is not the case when they can work on multiple floors.

    And Drones being able to cover multiple Floors is just increasing their already strong use in 3-Gens.