Skull Merchant's First Skin Proves this chapter is a sex grab

Honestly ######### is her skin. I already had my doubts with her base design that this chapter is gonna be a "sex sells" chapter, and then I open the game and see her first rare skin....

Surely I cannot be the only one so abysmally disappointed with how this game is turning out? There's so little horror anymore.

Comments

  • @calem said:

    Honestly ######### is her skin. I already had my doubts with her base design that this chapter is gonna be a "sex sells" chapter, and then I open the game and see her first rare skin....

    Surely I cannot be the only one so abysmally disappointed with how this game is turning out? There's so little horror anymore.

    The late 16th Century Puritans called. They want calem back.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3367069#Comment_3367069

    The sexy strut is the one that feels literally the most broken. Fairly sure there's something off about that walk cycle and it's so hard to tell if it's deliberate or from trying too hard.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3367073#Comment_3367073

    At least Vittorio got to show off cool alchemical/magical tattoos in the process. They added something to the characterisation, that way.

    And the siblings are dressing appropriately for their locale, so give 'em that.

    There is definitely something weird about the animation. She looks like she's gliding across the ground instead of walking, and the hip sway is just a little too exaggerated, like she's doing it on purpose instead of it being the natural swagger of a confident egotistical hunter.

  • I have a distinct feeling that if SM was actually good or even fun to play then this skin would be way better received or even outright praised

    Unfortunately all we got for a killer who's background lore could have led in literally any direction was "drone", so this skin ends up getting a lot more a flak then it would have if SM was good


    Well, if they're going to make her play like Knock-off Crypto, might as well make her look like knock-off Loba I guess

  • @NODD3RS said:

    Trickster had something going for him. Like he looked inhuman, and i know dbd lore isnt something to go by but at least his was sort of compelling. He seems like a crazy maniac. This lady has nothing going for her so i can understand why they went the corny with an h route. Her design feels empty. Also does anyone remember when they removed the thong from Claudette's community skin? Or felix’s pubes from his one outfit. Like they were always careful not to cross a line. Now they realized sexiness is marketable so it’s no wonder why they cashed in on it.

    Plus his sound and voice design is the best in the game, the best there probably will ever be

    and the work they put into that lore mah *chefs kiss*

  • What exactly is a sex grab? Somehow I don't think it means what you all seem to think it means....

  • I mean yeah, that skin definitely proves that. I don't even know what else it could be about really 😂. It's a little weird that that's the first skin being real.

  • @AGM said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3364609#Comment_3364609

    The difference is that the sexualization of those characters came up from the community organically and was then requested. This is just... "Hi, nice to meet you! Would you like to treat me as a sex object despite having no idea who I am?" kind of vibe. If people in the community started sexualizing Dull Merchant and requesting sexy skins, that's when you make the sexy skins... not before they even know who she is.

    And before anybody asks: yes, it felt kind of the same way with Vittorio but not quite as insidious because the first time they did it with a new character it was an anomaly. But now they've done it with 4 new characters in a row (Vittorio, Skull, Renato, Thalita) implying a pattern of just creating conventionally attractive characters with revealing outfits purely for profit, which is pretty scummy.

    Or, you know, because most people prefer to look at attractive people and not hideous ones?

1 2 3 ›