DBD Funko Pops Cancellation

So it’s official - they’re not happening:

3159361E-F803-4828-9031-E3E5FBD55E10.jpeg

To say I’m gutted is an understatement - can only imagine that the deal has fell through. Disappointing to be baited on 2 separate occasions during the anniversary livestreams - from the initial reveal on the 5th, to the further details and mock-ups on the 6th.

Kinda rubbish to know they’ll never get looked at again. Worse knowing what we could’ve had - would rather them not mentioned / revealed until it was a done deal and they were in production / ready for pre-orders.

Anyone else just as disappointed? Proper ruined my day to find out, not going to lie.

Comments

  • I don’t care at all but my friend is a strong collector and I wanted to get him a DbD one. Bummer. Well on the flip side I get to mockingly break the news for him lol.

  • it’s a disappointment definitely, but we can hardly blame BHVR. Most likely, it was something in funko that cancelled the deal when it was on a smooth track.

    while we may never know why they were cancelled, let’s not give BHVR the Sharp end of the stick.

  • I wouldn't say I'm gutted but I likely would have bought at least one or two of them for fun. I had a big collection (well relatively big) but haven't bought anything like that in a long time. DBD might have been the only property I'd get one for.

    20191226_081918~3.jpg

    That was my desk at work (once Covid hit, I put them all away with the deep cleaning stuff and just never put them back out) but most of my "collection" is there.

  • I own exactly 0 Funko pops. DBD Funko pops would have been my first and only Funko pops.


    I would want one of my favorite survivors in my favorite skins

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    I wouldn't say I'm gutted but I likely would have bought at least one or two of them for fun. I had a big collection (well relatively big) but haven't bought anything like that in a long time. DBD might have been the only property I'd get one for.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/OSCQ00BXAFIW/20191226-081918-7e3.jpg

    That was my desk at work (once Covid hit, I put them all away with the deep cleaning stuff and just never put them back out) but most of my "collection" is there.

    I see Ash in your collection!!! 👍️

    I wonder why the deal fell through. It seems like Funko Pop has licenses for everything these days.

  • @Agt_Scully said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3355004#Comment_3355004

    I see Ash in your collection!!! 👍️

    I wonder why the deal fell through. It seems like Funko Pop has licenses for everything these days.

    Hail to the King baby

  • oh no anyway.jpg

    And nothing of value was lost

  • I would sooner take literally any other miniature before I even looked at a Funko Pop. I've never understood the appeal. They look terrible.

    I'm doubly disappointed though, because as I began to read the sentence a glimmer of hope sparked inside me that they had decided to delay the next chapter.

  • They should give everyone bonus BP, Iri Shards, and Rift Fragments to make up for this news.

  • I'm not exactly a fan of them, but I was planning on picking up the Claudette one. I'm sad it's not happening, but can't say I'm surprised, it was taking way too long for any news to come out.

  • I was only going to get Dweet's anyway. Myers doesn't need it as the Halloween franchise already has their own Funko pops.

  • @BassGuitarRox said:

    So it’s official - they’re not happening:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/F1MA8HVKUX1M/3159361e-f803-4828-9031-e3e5fbd55e10.jpeg

    To say I’m gutted is an understatement - can only imagine that the deal has fell through. Disappointing to be baited on 2 separate occasions during the anniversary livestreams - from the initial reveal on the 5th, to the further details and mock-ups on the 6th.

    Kinda rubbish to know they’ll never get looked at again. Worse knowing what we could’ve had - would rather them not mentioned / revealed until it was a done deal and they were in production / ready for pre-orders.

    Anyone else just as disappointed? Proper ruined my day to find out, not going to lie.

    I dont care at all. But i must say i prefer it if they tease something like that instead of revealing when its done. I like it when they are more transparent. Now we atleast know they tried this collab and we can maybe expect similar things in the future.

  • I don’t own any Funko pops, but I definitely would have got one for Blight and Nea, maybe Oni as well.

  • Wonder what they’re referring to with “more exciting collaborations”

    Makeship?

    Plushies?

    Crow Pride Plushie??


    the things I’d do…

  • that's unfortunate, I was really hoping for them

    HOPE THEY FINALLY RELEASE THE OTHER FIGURES THO, STILL WAITING ON HILLBILLY AND WRAITH

    edit: my order was cancelled... they were released