Add crouching routes/spaces for survivors.
Ie. places that can only be gotten around by crouching
as an example, have a loop with a small arch which has a shortcut accessible via crouching (which keep in mind makes you move slower) with a longer way round for killer. the killer would be able to hit them from either side, ie this sort of path should only be available on things such as the wooden walls or walls on the game etc walls like that.
Comments
It'd be too exploitable if the killer cannot reach them. Like how the old infinites used to be.
i did say, you'd be able to reach them as killer from both sides. think of it as a vault space, but you can only crouch under it, pick them up from either side so they can't just sit in the middle of it
I think I would like it as breakable environment assets. For example, almost collapsed brick walls, with holes for crouching survivors, which take a hit or a kick to crumble (putting in the dying state whoever is using them).
So you cant turn directions while crouching? Otherwise the killer wil never be able to get you.
Then you are describing the mechanic of vaulting a pallet with the difference that the killer cant break the pallet. I dont think I need to explain why this is absolutely broken, do I?
DbD, where you can find your Safe Space too.
This could really add another dimension to this game, maybe we can play with wii controllers too in the near future.
No im describing the conditions of a vault space. only in crouch form. ie... you crouch under it, instead of vaulting over it...
@Broosmeister Is it wrong that I kinda want that? Not Wii controllers though, they are bad.
Ok so there is an area you have to crouch and you can turn directions at any time, but the killer can only reach you from one side if you passed the middle. DId I get that right?
Let's just imagine a hole in the blank wall of the shack for a moment (sorry for the PTSD beta players). If I sat in that hole crouched, I could go back and forth to stay just outside of the killer's reach. Even with slower crouch speed it would be possible, but let's also throw Urban Evasion into the mix. Now I have a very big margin for error.
So in order for it to work, the long way would have to be short. But now we have the flip side, I move really slow for a couple seconds only to have the killer walk around it and hit me. So the next step from there is make it a little faster. And at this point you basically just have a window vault.
Crouching route. That is definitely not going to be use to hold a game hostage
What if it worked like a window vault except of course the killer can't "vault" it (I can't think of any good uses for it, just throwing out ideas)?
I proposed something similar to this in the past - make all windows unidirectional, one-time vaults that needed to be reset after each use and replace pallets with unidirectional, one-time crouchwalk spots that also needed to be reset after each use. It'd cut down on looping and make map design easier by making loops more predictable.
A vault happens immediately and the killer can use the same path, both is not possible with the suggested mechanic
Make it a unidirectional space haha, make the survivor only able to go through it one sided, but the killer can't follow. perhaps the killer could destroy or shift the route to the other side if they wished? with the survivor being able to patch the route, or restore it in some way
I'm hoping that at some point, we would get a map that would have air vents that survivors can crawl through. Obviously, the Killer would be able to grab them if caught.
Exactly! something like airvents, or even on the game map add vents