the new shrine...

another situational shrine, is this a something like the director or something?

another situational shrine, is this a something like the director or something?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It's still suspicious how BBQ&Chili has never/rarily appeared on it if it is random.
It's one of the mot desired perks, yet it won't show up.
https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Shrines_of_Secrets_of_2018
2018 0 BBQ&Chili
https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Shrines_of_Secrets_of_2017
2017 1 BBQ%Chili
Many other perks have never appeared. You're mistakenly ascribing meaning to this one because you have a vested interest in it.
Especially coupled with Enduring!
@DocOctober
RNG = Random Number Generator. It generates a number based on an algorithm. There is nothing random about an algorithm...
So that confirms my conspiracy?
In all seriousness, the Shrine of Secret is a problem as for every new killer there are more perks in circulation, which slowly decreases the intended rate at which you should acquire them.
We saw a similar effect with Bans in League of Legends. Where there were previously about 50-100 champions in circulations they allowed for 6 bans in total, but as more and more champions came about, they increased it to 10 as 6 became problematic.
Although that's an imperfect way of handling the situation too, the perfect way would be to look at the base pool of perks in relationship with the amount of perks shown in the shrine of secrets and keep this ratio as consistent as possible, meaning as more perks are introduced, more perks become available at 1 time in the Shrine.
Would help people like me a lot, who just missed their opportunity to get Pharmacy in week 40 (:
They could also use a pseudo randomness strategy, similar to how HeartStone leaves Legendary cards up to randomness, but ensures that you get a legendary every x amount if you were that unlucky with your RNG.
Sadly these type of things are not a priority.
@Orion
Well, that'd be surveillance, and we all silently agree with that not appearing on the shrine.
Shows that the Random Number Generator has learned about Etiquette... very very suspicious...
So your hypothesis is that the devs are reading everyone's minds and simultaneously do what we want and don't want, or that the unfeeling, unthinking, quasi-random algorithm is doing it? Seriously, walk me through the thought process that led you to conclude that the Shrine is rigged.
We've had enduring and terrortorial imperative about 50 times the past few months.
I don't believe they use anything other than their standard class Random Number Generator to pick a number in their Perk Array, but I do like to entertain the notion of it, that results from the infuriating wait-times that such a flawed mechanic produces, (as which problems are described in one of my comments above).
jesus you read the director part at all, director is like rng and not knowing it makes no sense at all
sole survivor is if you survive long enough to have it work, calm spirit is if you even go against doc or clown, spirit fury is if enough pallets are thrown the entire match, and well, Coulrophobia is if survivors even heal inside the terror radius and risk nurses
bbq has too many counters that its not even worth it anymore, survivors will go into a locker or run distortion the entire time of bbq being in the shrine
So you assume that the devs engineered the algorithm to exclude BBQ & Chilli. Do you listen to yourself when you talk?
I just dont run it because bp and well, every leatherface I have went against tunneled me with knock out and bbq so I love life, and BPS I like but sometimes it just feels like a waste of space in the perk slots
they could set it up to were the perks have different levels in the RNG, BBQ could have a lower percent of being chosen while perks like sole survivor and empathy are common, they are level 30 unlocks, they have a higher chance while bbq, being a level 35 unlock, has a lower chance of appearing, but this is just a theory, I dont know anything about how this is all preformed
Aaand there's a double bps weekend coming up so make use of that!
Just as a side note for the one's who still want bbq:
It's not a MUST HAVE perk, many killers can perform way better witout it if they've got map knowledge and skill. For me it's needed for some certain killers such as The Nurse. But only if I feel like climbing ranks!
And don't come flexing on me!
I'll flex back. ;3
@DocOctober
In all honesty, this would be easier to do than you think. To set your movie-esque tone aside, they wouldn't even need their own algorithm to accomplish this.
Every perk probably has an Index number and is stored in either a Killer perk/Survivor perk array. Every week it will generate 4 random numbers. If the (2nd/3rd/4th)number is the same as a previous number, it'll try again.
All the devs would have to do is make the index number at which BBQ&Chili is referred to part of those "try again" numbers by including it, which would make the code generate another random number if it were to end up being the number of BBQ&Chili.
I'm not saying that it works this way.
I'm saying it could work this way.
And I'm saying that if would work this way, they would have done so for BBQ&Chili (:
Bad day, huh?
nice picture, thats me waiting for pop goes the weasel to be in the shrine again
You should of got it the last time it was up. I did
I wanted to get it but did not have the time, and I dont want to level up clown, he is so bad
Bummer, I don't have clown so I don't know. pop goes the weasel was the only perk I wanted from him any way
he was hard when he first released then people just go around the cloud instead of run through it or use exhaust perks to ignore the effect pretty much, the killer is add-on based, but yet, speed helps him get kills, sounds familiar right, 115% killer to a 110% killer
Yeah that's what I do keep an eye on him and avoid his bottle tosses. Familiar as who that group of hooligans
Iirc a perk is excluded from the rotation for 4 weeks after it appeared.