A complete overhaul to trials could solve most of the game's problems

@Janick @Patricia I had an idea that could very well solve the majority of frustrations from both sides. It would require hard work from the devs, but I truly believe that if the game is to be truly fixed for both sides, it needs more than band-aid solutions like Hex: Ruin. The game needs to become more complex so that it can be properly balanced.

This idea would:

  • Revamp the Survivor gameplay to make it less boring.
  • Put SWF closer to solo players.
  • Make the solo players' success almost completely independent of their team's ability, thus eliminating the need for the hatch.
  • Make Killer less frustrating.
  • Eliminate the so-called "death efficiency problem"/snowball effect.
  • Eliminate genrush.

The idea is simple: give each Survivor something different to do during the trial. Let me explain:

  • Each Survivor would have a unique set of goals they'd need to complete in order to escape. This could replace generators entirely or add to them.
  • Survivors who successfully completed all their goals would be able to unlock the exit gates and escape the trial.
  • Survivors who did not complete all their goals would not be able to unlock the exit gates or escape. Even if they went to the exit, the Entity would block their path. This means that Survivors could no longer be carried by their team.
  • Survivors could work together to accomplish their goals, or they could choose to focus on their own goals. Naturally, this carries the risk that those who have not completed their goals will not be able to escape if the Killer catches them working together, but it also means that they can complete their goals more quickly if they work together. However, Survivors would not be able to complete each others' objectives unless the person to whom the objectives belong is working on it at the same time.
  • Auras of all the objectives would be visible to the Killer, color-coded to differentiate between what each Survivor has to do. For example, say there are 3 things each Survivor must do; this means there will be 3 objectives with the same color, another 3 objectives with a different color, and so on.

I know this seems like a lot of work, but I think it'd be worth it in the end. I know you guys (devs) read this, and I know you rarely reply, but if I could get some feedback, I'd appreciate it.

Comments

  • To add something I forgot for me I'm not good at looping and so the chase while exciting is almost always going to end badly. I love to stealth around the map, especially on like say Autohaven where you try and sneak through the middle without being seen let alone caught.

    That to me evading the killer and enver being seen the entire match is fun and exciting and some killers hate that and so do fellow survivors. I'm not trying to give the killer an easy kill and I'm not trying to die like the people that blindly run in the middle in the open.

    If I skulk around the entire map and don't get seen a lot of times I get props from the killer because they know they've been close, ie that gen I was working on or the totem I just broke. Sometimes they manage to get me and both sides get satisfaction knowing it wasn't easy.

  • @powerbats said:
    To add something I forgot for me I'm not good at looping and so the chase while exciting is almost always going to end badly. I love to stealth around the map, especially on like say Autohaven where you try and sneak through the middle without being seen let alone caught.

    That to me evading the killer and enver being seen the entire match is fun and exciting and some killers hate that and so do fellow survivors. I'm not trying to give the killer an easy kill and I'm not trying to die like the people that blindly run in the middle in the open.

    If I skulk around the entire map and don't get seen a lot of times I get props from the killer because they know they've been close, ie that gen I was working on or the totem I just broke. Sometimes they manage to get me and both sides get satisfaction knowing it wasn't easy.

    I, too, prefer to stealth. IMO, it's more skillful to avoid contact with the Killer than to delay the chase.

  • YES PLEASE!!!

    The survivor gameplay as become so dull after 2+ years of fixing gen.

    And I'm tired to carry people that don't touch gen all game.

    Like ######### really? why do I have to do 3+ gen by my own most game? what are the other survivor doing? Did I miss a patch and killer are able to chase 3 people at once?

  • @Dragonredking said:
    YES PLEASE!!!

    The survivor gameplay as become so dull after 2+ years of fixing gen.

    And I'm tired to carry people that don't touch gen all game.

    Like [BAD WORD] really? why do I have to do 3+ gen by my own most game? what are the other survivor doing? Did I miss a patch and killer are able to chase 3 people at once?

    I know, right? And since SWF would want to get everybody out, they'd be delayed in their escape (as opposed to now, where they can rush gens while one loops and get off scot free).
    Solos would get buffed mechanically, but SWF would only be nerfed due to their own choices.

  • Yes we need this! It'd make Solo more fun, weaker killers would have a better chance and I'd enjoy the game way more.

  • @Poweas said:
    Yes we need this! It'd make Solo more fun, weaker killers would have a better chance and I'd enjoy the game way more.

    And it'd make spreading out damage a lot better.

  • @Orion said:

    @Poweas said:
    Yes we need this! It'd make Solo more fun, weaker killers would have a better chance and I'd enjoy the game way more.

    And it'd make spreading out damage a lot better.

    Yup.

1 2 ›