It just occurred to me : Franklin will not work either with Nurse?

How many perks will become useless now?

Comments

  • When it comes to Devour Hope, wouldn't Nurse's blinks being special attacks be a good thing? Since her hits wouldn't insta-down it would effectively hide that your hex is Devour, thus allowing Nurse to (attempt) to "smuggle" that Devour Hope 5 stack without the survivors ever knowing the danger.


    Or am I thinking this through wrong? I'm unsure as I have stopped using Hex Perks quite a while ago. They all just get destroyed within the first minute of gameplay anyway, so I am unfamiliar with how many of them work now.

  • @DragonMasterDarren said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3309811#Comment_3309811

    I'm going to ignore the fact that this is bait made by someone who thinks Nurse is balanced and give as dry a response as i can

    I do not want every killer to be as weak as Trapper, if anything i want the exact opposite, that does not change the simple and objective fact that Nurse is from a completely different era of DBD Killer design, she plays a entirely different game to every other killer, she ignores 90% of all survivor's defences, gameplay against her is about as interactive as Bubba's, and what few counters she does have are countered by Aura reading and muscle memory

    Nurse is going to be incredibly strong even after these well-earned nerfs, nothing short of a full-kit rework will make her play DBD instead of Nurse Simulator

    Yeah I agree with you, Nurse only real counter is stealth because it takes her so damn much to check tiles, you hear her coming you hide and she wastes a lot of time searching for you while the rest of the team fixes gens, what a normal Killer does in 5 seconds it can take her 15, her being so slow makes walking around a rock to avoid detection viable unlike with 110/115% speed Killers.

    Now since stealth is pretty much dead with so many aura reading, brighter maps, non existant fog and many changes its true natural counter no longer exist, she was always a powerhouse but powercrept made her even worse.

  • @TMCalypso said:

    When it comes to Devour Hope, wouldn't Nurse's blinks being special attacks be a good thing? Since her hits wouldn't insta-down it would effectively hide that your hex is Devour, thus allowing Nurse to (attempt) to "smuggle" that Devour Hope 5 stack without the survivors ever knowing the danger.

    Or am I thinking this through wrong? I'm unsure as I have stopped using Hex Perks quite a while ago. They all just get destroyed within the first minute of gameplay anyway, so I am unfamiliar with how many of them work now.

    That only works with noed; devour hope just gets revealed anyway even if you use special attacks. So no it doesn't benefit Nurse at all in that regard.


  • @AverageKateMain said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3311016#Comment_3311016

    *I'd rather verse a Nurse than any stealth killer, Plague, Trickster, Twins and Artist.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3310671#Comment_3310671

    Well based on your poor wording and saying Nurse isn't difficult to face unless you're bad or top 0.1%, and adding you'd face Nurse compared to all the other killers, there's not room for much interpretation so...

    Well, Nurse is generally not that difficult to face. The public statistics are pretty clear about that. And given I know Nurse pretty well I have generally no problem winning against her (3 or 4 escapes). There are exception but these players are rare.

    As for the preference, there is that concept called "fun". And that's what I was referring to : I love, I thoroughly enjoy going against a Nurse. I don't enjoy going against the killers I've listed. Not one bit. I win, yes, I escape, but it was just a drag, a chore, a bore. Checking all around for stealth all the time, checking for the birds, ... So annoying. I don't remember the whole list I've put but I know which killers make me want to escape ASAP.

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    Tbh franklins should work with specials anyway

    Pinhead would like to have a word with you.

  • @JustWhimsical said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3309803#Comment_3309803

    I have more difficulty versing other killers than a Nurse, at this point nothing will please you people it's just tiring to hear the same thing over and over again even when you get what you want. Just admit you want every killer to be trapper level lol, where you can effectively 1v1 the killer.

    killer main here

    nurse needed a nerf

    she needs more nerfs actually

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    She'll lose quite a bit of variety. On the one hand, it's great because we're closer to people actually needing to know how to play Nurse to do well on Nurse. But we're going to be seeing a whole lot of The Build (CoB/Eruption/Pain Res) on Nurse until they address the slowdown meta, so players will still be able to fail upwards with her to a degree.

    As an aside, every strong high skill cap killer should be getting the Nurse treatment. Kill the busted add ons so players can't crutch on them in lieu of learning the killer's mechanics. That goes for Blight with, well, most of his good add ons, and Spirit with MDR/Cherry Blossom.

    Yeah, sure.

    Nerf Spirit!

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    She'll lose quite a bit of variety. On the one hand, it's great because we're closer to people actually needing to know how to play Nurse to do well on Nurse. But we're going to be seeing a whole lot of The Build (CoB/Eruption/Pain Res) on Nurse until they address the slowdown meta, so players will still be able to fail upwards with her to a degree.

    As an aside, every strong high skill cap killer should be getting the Nurse treatment. Kill the busted add ons so players can't crutch on them in lieu of learning the killer's mechanics. That goes for Blight with, well, most of his good add ons, and Spirit with MDR/Cherry Blossom.

    There's always been a slow down meta because gens are too fast. It doesn't need to be nerfed UNTIL gens don't go so fast. These people got WRAITH NERFED... WRAITH.


    LET'S BE SENSIBLE HERE!

  • @drsoontm said:

    How many perks will become useless now?

    Correct,


    This is why this "nerf" is going to do the opposite of what they want. All that happens now is nurse takes 4 gen regression perks and you'll hate her even more, because there isn't any other good perks to get. Unlike killers like demogorgon, it is effectively IMPOSSIBLE for nurse to land a non-blink hit because she moves slower than survivors.


    The proper nerf this whole time wasn't even that exposed effects were a problem, it was simply starstruck. The rest of the exposed perks have heavy conditions to get them to activate (NOED was already nerfed heavily, haunted ground has a 1 time use and a time limit, dragons grip is terrible, devour requires several hooks). It was simply starstruck.


    So what they should have done was either:

    A) Give the nurse a tiny 8 meter (or even less) terror radius, and give her a 40 meter lullaby.

    B) The nurse doesn't have a terror radius while carrying a survivor.


    Like, let's take a look at all the perks that don't require a basic attack to activate:

    • Bitter Murmur
    • Claustrophobia
    • Deerstalker
    • Distressing
    • Fearmonger
    • Hex: Thrill of the Hunt
    • Insidious
    • Iron Grasp
    • Scourge Hook: Monstrous shrine
    • Shattered Hope
    • Spies from the Shadows
    • Whispers
    • Unnerving Presence
    • Brutal Strength
    • Agitation
    • Predator
    • Blookhound
    • Shadowbourn
    • Enduring
    • Lightborn
    • Tinkerer
    • Stridor
    • Thanatophobia
    • Nurse's Calling
    • STBFL
    • PWYF
    • Dying Light
    • Hex: Third Seal
    • Hex: Ruin
    • Overwhelming Presence
    • Monitor and Abuse
    • Beast of Prey
    • Territorial Imperative
    • Hex: Huntress Lullby
    • Knockout
    • BBQ
    • Fire up
    • Remember Me
    • Bloodwarden
    • Hangman's Trick
    • Surveillance
    • Bamboozle
    • Coulrophobia
    • Pop goes the weasel
    • Spirit Fury
    • Discordance
    • Mad grit
    • Iron Maiden
    • Corrupt Intervention
    • Infectious Fright
    • Dark Devotion
    • I'm all ears
    • Thrilling Tremors
    • Furtive Chase
    • Zanshin Tactics
    • Blood Echo
    • Nemesis
    • Gearhead
    • Dead man's Switch
    • Hex: Retribution
    • Forced Penance
    • Trail of Torment
    • Deathbound
    • Hex: Blood Favor
    • Hex: Undying
    • Hoarder
    • Oppression
    • Coup de Grace
    • Hex: Crowd Control
    • No Way Out
    • Lethal Pursuer
    • Hysteria
    • Eruption
    • Deadlock
    • HeX: Plaything
    • Scourge Hook: GOP
    • Grim Embrace
    • Scourge hook: Pain Res
    • Hex: Pentimento
    • Scourge Hook: FOR
    • Call of Brine
    • Merciless Storm
    • Dissolution
    • Darkness Revealed
    • Septic Touch
    • Superior Anatomy
    • Awakened awareness
    • Terminus
    • Nowhere to Hide
    • Hex: Face the darkness
    • Hubris


    Seems like a lot of perks right? Well, now remove the useless ones (you know the ones) and the fact that a large majority of them are usless on nurse (bamboozle?) because of her power, and you are left with:

    • Bitter Murmur
    • Whispers
    • Lightborn
    • Tinkerer
    • Thanatophobia
    • Nurse's Calling
    • Hex: Ruin
    • BBQ
    • Surveillance
    • Discordance
    • Corrupt Intervention
    • Infectious Fright
    • I'm all ears
    • Thrilling Tremors
    • Dead man's Switch
    • Hex: Undying
    • No Way Out
    • Lethal Pursuer
    • Eruption
    • Deadlock
    • Hex: Plaything
    • Scourge hook: Pain Res
    • Hex: Pentimento
    • Scourge Hook: FOR
    • Call of Brine
    • Merciless Storm
    • Terminus
    • Nowhere to Hide

    And those are just the usable ones. Now let's look at the ones that are actually like "Really" good, top tier perks:

    • BBQ
    • Discordance
    • Corrupt Intervention
    • Infectious Fright
    • Thrilling Tremors
    • Dead man's Switch
    • No Way Out
    • Lethal Pursuer
    • Eruption
    • Deadlock
    • Hex: Plaything
    • Scourge hook: Pain Res
    • Hex: Pentimento
    • Scourge Hook: FOR
    • Call of Brine
    • Nowhere to Hide


    Notice something about them? Nurse is basically going to run the same 3-4 perks every game now, because there really isn't any other choices left.

  • When the band aid fix is to make numerous fun or strong perks 100% unusable on 1 killer this just highlights yet again the whole killer's concept doesn't fit in the game.

    She needs a rework.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3311326#Comment_3311326

    Well, Nurse is generally not that difficult to face. The public statistics are pretty clear about that. And given I know Nurse pretty well I have generally no problem winning against her (3 or 4 escapes). There are exception but these players are rare.

    As for the preference, there is that concept called "fun". And that's what I was referring to : I love, I thoroughly enjoy going against a Nurse. I don't enjoy going against the killers I've listed. Not one bit. I win, yes, I escape, but it was just a drag, a chore, a bore. Checking all around for stealth all the time, checking for the birds, ... So annoying. I don't remember the whole list I've put but I know which killers make me want to escape ASAP.

    Well you do have a point with the difficulty aspect and fun. It's more rewarding to distract a Nurse compared to other killers especially since she's bad in the edges of the map. So that's pretty fair.

    And when you mention fun, I can't exactly say anything about that considering the fact I have a painful hatred for the way games drag out when it comes to Knight so that's also fair

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/360016/it-just-occurred-to-me-franklin-will-not-work-either-with-nurse

    Correct,

    This is why this "nerf" is going to do the opposite of what they want. All that happens now is nurse takes 4 gen regression perks and you'll hate her even more, because there isn't any other good perks to get. Unlike killers like demogorgon, it is effectively IMPOSSIBLE for nurse to land a non-blink hit because she moves slower than survivors.

    The proper nerf this whole time wasn't even that exposed effects were a problem, it was simply starstruck. The rest of the exposed perks have heavy conditions to get them to activate (NOED was already nerfed heavily, haunted ground has a 1 time use and a time limit, dragons grip is terrible, devour requires several hooks). It was simply starstruck.

    So what they should have done was either:

    A) Give the nurse a tiny 8 meter (or even less) terror radius, and give her a 40 meter lullaby.

    B) The nurse doesn't have a terror radius while carrying a survivor.

    Like, let's take a look at all the perks that don't require a basic attack to activate:

    • Bitter Murmur
    • Claustrophobia
    • Deerstalker
    • Distressing
    • Fearmonger
    • Hex: Thrill of the Hunt
    • Insidious
    • Iron Grasp
    • Scourge Hook: Monstrous shrine
    • Shattered Hope
    • Spies from the Shadows
    • Whispers
    • Unnerving Presence
    • Brutal Strength
    • Agitation
    • Predator
    • Blookhound
    • Shadowbourn
    • Enduring
    • Lightborn
    • Tinkerer
    • Stridor
    • Thanatophobia
    • Nurse's Calling
    • STBFL
    • PWYF
    • Dying Light
    • Hex: Third Seal
    • Hex: Ruin
    • Overwhelming Presence
    • Monitor and Abuse
    • Beast of Prey
    • Territorial Imperative
    • Hex: Huntress Lullby
    • Knockout
    • BBQ
    • Fire up
    • Remember Me
    • Bloodwarden
    • Hangman's Trick
    • Surveillance
    • Bamboozle
    • Coulrophobia
    • Pop goes the weasel
    • Spirit Fury
    • Discordance
    • Mad grit
    • Iron Maiden
    • Corrupt Intervention
    • Infectious Fright
    • Dark Devotion
    • I'm all ears
    • Thrilling Tremors
    • Furtive Chase
    • Zanshin Tactics
    • Blood Echo
    • Nemesis
    • Gearhead
    • Dead man's Switch
    • Hex: Retribution
    • Forced Penance
    • Trail of Torment
    • Deathbound
    • Hex: Blood Favor
    • Hex: Undying
    • Hoarder
    • Oppression
    • Coup de Grace
    • Hex: Crowd Control
    • No Way Out
    • Lethal Pursuer
    • Hysteria
    • Eruption
    • Deadlock
    • HeX: Plaything
    • Scourge Hook: GOP
    • Grim Embrace
    • Scourge hook: Pain Res
    • Hex: Pentimento
    • Scourge Hook: FOR
    • Call of Brine
    • Merciless Storm
    • Dissolution
    • Darkness Revealed
    • Septic Touch
    • Superior Anatomy
    • Awakened awareness
    • Terminus
    • Nowhere to Hide
    • Hex: Face the darkness
    • Hubris

    Seems like a lot of perks right? Well, now remove the useless ones (you know the ones) and the fact that a large majority of them are usless on nurse (bamboozle?) because of her power, and you are left with:

    • Bitter Murmur
    • Whispers
    • Lightborn
    • Tinkerer
    • Thanatophobia
    • Nurse's Calling
    • Hex: Ruin
    • BBQ
    • Surveillance
    • Discordance
    • Corrupt Intervention
    • Infectious Fright
    • I'm all ears
    • Thrilling Tremors
    • Dead man's Switch
    • Hex: Undying
    • No Way Out
    • Lethal Pursuer
    • Eruption
    • Deadlock
    • Hex: Plaything
    • Scourge hook: Pain Res
    • Hex: Pentimento
    • Scourge Hook: FOR
    • Call of Brine
    • Merciless Storm
    • Terminus
    • Nowhere to Hide

    And those are just the usable ones. Now let's look at the ones that are actually like "Really" good, top tier perks:

    • BBQ
    • Discordance
    • Corrupt Intervention
    • Infectious Fright
    • Thrilling Tremors
    • Dead man's Switch
    • No Way Out
    • Lethal Pursuer
    • Eruption
    • Deadlock
    • Hex: Plaything
    • Scourge hook: Pain Res
    • Hex: Pentimento
    • Scourge Hook: FOR
    • Call of Brine
    • Nowhere to Hide

    Notice something about them? Nurse is basically going to run the same 3-4 perks every game now, because there really isn't any other choices left.

    Starstruck isn't so much of an issue either. Maybe against beginners or survivors trying to play aggressively and to body block but that's all. Decent survivors do not stick around.


    Also, the build I've put together to try the PTB only made of perks in your last list. ^_^

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3312208#Comment_3312208

    Starstruck isn't so much of an issue either. Maybe against beginners or survivors trying to play aggressively and to body block but that's all. Decent survivors do not stick around.

    Also, the build I've put together to try the PTB only made of perks in your last list. ^_^

    Exactly my point. Personally, i'm a nurse main with 2.5k hours and this "nerf" doesn't affect me in the slightest. I don't use range addons, nor basic attack perks. My build tends to be:


    Cooldown reduction addons/Fatigue duration reduction (depending on the kind of team i think i'm up against)

    • BBQ
    • Scourge Floods of Rage
    • Lethal Pursuer
    • Scourge Pain res

    General gist is, i get a down super quick due to lethal, BBQ shows me where to go next, floods of rage generally prevents the survivor from hiding when i get there, and i just chain downs. Pain res isn't really even needed but it's just the most optimal gen regression for the other 3 perks.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3312458#Comment_3312458

    Exactly my point. Personally, i'm a nurse main with 2.5k hours and this "nerf" doesn't affect me in the slightest. I don't use range addons, nor basic attack perks. My build tends to be:

    Cooldown reduction addons/Fatigue duration reduction (depending on the kind of team i think i'm up against)

    • BBQ
    • Scourge Floods of Rage
    • Lethal Pursuer
    • Scourge Pain res

    General gist is, i get a down super quick due to lethal, BBQ shows me where to go next, floods of rage generally prevents the survivor from hiding when i get there, and i just chain downs. Pain res isn't really even needed but it's just the most optimal gen regression for the other 3 perks.

    The changes will not affect me either, not on performance.

    I will probably be less fun to verse though, because of the reasons you've stated.

    I wonder how the less experienced Nurses (I'd say, quite arbitrarily, less than 6K blink attacks) are doing.

1 2 ›