Power Moves Steam Achievement in solo queue
I am trying to complete all Steam achievements and am attempting the Power Moves achievement where you have to complete a single gen and escape without equipping any perks.
In about 5 hours I have not escaped once, not even a single time when playing solo queue. (Edit, when attempting this achievement, I have escaped with perks)
Every match is a one of, or a combination of, being tunnelled off hook, camped, team mates being tunnelled and therefore DCing and oppressive Eruption based gen control builds where we have the laughable meta of killers literally breaking chase to kick a gen as Eruption gives them more value
Beyond bringing a good medkit I don't know what else to do for this achievement. I am pipping up as still doing a lot in every match but this is meaningless really
Comments
That achievement took me like 4 or 5 days, is just trial and error, at the end you'll get it, just don't lose your mind, take some breaks if you fell like you're burnout and eventually you''ll get there :D
Thank you and yeah I think that is pretty solid advice, I probably need to take a break as this is starting to get depressing
I wish you the best of luck!
Thank you, I think I need more than luck at this point! My God this is frustrating...
I challenged a streamer friend to do this until he escaped once, for a charity event. He's usually quite skittish and a very poor looper.
By insane luck, he was matched against a Michael that didn't manage to kill anyone. Got it first try !
Best 20 bucks spent I guess ! =D
But you have to do it 8 times?
There are 3 basic options for this achievement IMO.
1. Just keep playing perkless, Items and offerings can help a bit, eventually you will get it.
2. You can cheese it a bit and play it super safe, you dont need to complete a gen you need to repair the equivalent of 1 full gen, so bring a key and hatch offering get 50% progress on 2 different gens and teammates be damned to get it done fast.
3. Set up/find a SWF of people who want to get the achievement and take turns getting progress with 3 competent people running meta builds and 1perkless and you all know if the mach starts going south everyone knows to get killed away from where hatch spawns and die on hook as fast as possible so the perkless one can get hatch
I only told him to survive one game with no perks (and he chose no item) to count towards the achievement. I wasn't about to ask him to do the whole achievement in a few hours during the event ! X)
Yeah I probably need to be selfish and bring a key at this point... I can't be bothered with a SWF so this is probably my only real option. I got 1 escape a few minutes ago, though only through hatch but still counts so I will take it
This challenge is not easy in the current meta
If you are struggling in soloqueue, and you dont have anyone to play with, are you in the DBD official server? That may help having some other people play with you to help that way its better coordinated. If not, get a hold of me somehow Id be willing to queu up and help you out. i completely understand the pain of that achievement, I went through one time and got all of the achivement. It was horrible
We wish you luck mate don't burn out.
All we can offer is that aside from the tips above, bringing a hatch offering (key or not) can work in your favor if your willing to go the selfish route. The killer will most likely either slug and guard the hatch area or hook and book it there meaning if your at a door you got a nice head start (or if keys in play, you have confusion in your favor)
I got this achievement sometime this year in solo q. I kind of brute forced it, just played until I survived - took me maybe a week. But this was shortly before the gen kick meta.
To be honest I think a nice toolbox is your best bet, not a medkit, - maybe a commodious with double charges, or some toolbox with bnp and charges. The most annoying part of this was actually finishing the equivalent of 1 whole generator.
I tried never to take the first chase/be hooked first and played stealthy (which is my personal hell because stealth is boring) then started doing gens. If you notice your team is just dropping like flies - just play super safe - play around bbq or other aura perks as if any killer has them unless you can 100% tell the build otherwise.
As a general rule, splitting up on gens is just solid advice anyways to split pressure - so try to never go on a gen with others.
Thank you and yeah I have been playing selfish as I tend to be too altruistic but it kept costing me my escapes. Ended up getting two but had to be a bit of a dick team mate lol but have to do it
I have managed to get a couple of escapes being selfish and playing it safe.
I tend to try to split pressure anyway as this is always the best strategy
As someone who regularly plays like this
there's three main skills I've found that need to be up to par with people running perks in order to have a normal escape rate:
Therefore if you're bringing an item for this challenge I'd argue that the strongest one you can bring is a Skeleton Key (30 charges) with Blood Amber (Shows killers aura within 32 meters, key uses 2 charges/second) and Prayer Beads (+15 charges). The reason for this is that it makes lots of unsafe loops that you'd normally just predrop (e.g. pallet gyms) or get hit at (LT walls) playable with the aura reading.
Your awareness of what your team is doing will come from two (sometimes three) sources:
At the start of the game you will most likely have no idea what your team is doing unless you all spawn together (very bad, advice stays the same in that case). Therefore, your main priority should be to immediately run towards a center gen to decrease the chances of a 3 gen and start doing it. While you're going there pay attention to the sounds of generators being done close by and to pistons moving on far gens, this is where your teammates are and where you should stay away from if you get chased first.
If by some miracle someone is giving a juicer of a chase you should be soloing gens until there's 2 or less gens, then go group up on gens to get them done faster.
Before 10 second Borrowed Time became basekit I would pretty much never unhook, but now if someone is hooked then follow the following checklist:
If the person getting chased runs near your gen and doesn't make it to any loop while they're injured and you're not, go bodyblock for them until they either make it somewhere or you get hit (IMPORTANT: when you get hit you should be using your speed boost to run towards a usable loop but away from your teammate). Afterwards go back to doing gens.
Every time you're not in chase you should be looking around you for usable loops with the following checklist:
Once you're in chase there's also a few things you can change compared to normal looping:
Bruh... that is quite the detailed response!
Well thankfully I am up to 5 escapes now so at this rate I should have the final 3 done soon.
I found the best tactic so far to be playing very passive and very selfish at end game, so no going back for team mates or hook trading. I will be glad when this is done though as I really don't like playing in this selfish way
I finally got it!
Took about 10 hours which is pretty good going and I think I just got a really rough start too. But I have been pretty fortunate today as map RNG has been quite survivor sided and team mates have been really decent for a change.
I do recommend playing very passively and selfish though, for anyone stuck on this achievement