The killer is the survivor and the survivor is the killer
Been playing this game for years. At one point for a long time I was a rank 1 killer and survivor simultaneously. When is the game ever going to get back to feeling like the killer is the one to be feared instead of the survivor? The survivors are trying to escape but they all seem to have a fun and easy time doing it. When you’re the killer it’s the killer who is stressing and being harassed by the survivors not the other way around anymore. I played 5 games this morning and I’m at the point where I give up half way through the match and just start walking backwards. Some games you can’t even get 1 hook until 2-3 generators are gone. I just don’t see an incentive in participating in the killer abuse fest anymore if I have to camp and tunnel to get more then 1 or 2 kills.
Comments
play survivor
We think our experiences differ greatly. As survivor we're stressing about what our teammates are doing while as killer we put those who think they can harass us in their place where they either learn quickly to fear us or die (usually die).
Survivor we're constantly looking for that 3 gen to break so we don't have to go through a slough of a match while killer we only have to deal with people holding W or the map itself.
As a word of experience, your gonna need to accept that your gonna lose 1-3 gens by the first hook unless the survivors in question are incompetent or goofing off.
Is that why I see so many posts saying "if I like the survivor I'll give them hatch?". You'd think they'd be holding to that dear last kill if winning is so rare for killers.
VFeng I play them equally. Survivor is so easy now it’s to the point it’s boring at times and not a challenge. I’d say I can 2 pip most games and I usually always get 1 pip. The games I don’t survive are the games killers camp and tunnel. I’ll have a killer chasing me for 3 gens before they break chase. Survivors have too many outs now. Regardless of what strategy I use as a survivor my end result is usually the same but my end result as killer is tied to many things I have no control over at all. I honestly feel SWF and party chats ruined the immersion that DBD is supposed to have. Party chat should be disabled while in a match because all you have to do is tell your friend across the giant map the killer is coming their way and they go and hide and vice versa. There are certain things not including perks that give survivors the slightest time advantage; one example is a survivor can tap a regressing generator in a split second and a killer has to do a full on animation. The seconds at the higher tiers count a lot.
I really don't think you can say it's the case at the scale of the whole game.
Killer might not be scary anymore, but honestly it's because though DbD is horror themed, it's hardly a scary game. Killers are not scary, they're an opponent who has the power to remove you from the game. That's the extent of their scare power.
However, I wouldn't say killers are a joke or as underpowered as OP says. As a very average survivor, I can attest that most games I see are 3Ks and 4Ks. And that's without clowning on the killer. Most of my escapes are hatch given by the killer as last survivor alive or the odd afk bot killer.
Hag I don’t mean scary in that way. I mean as a survivor there is very little concern over the killers now because they are so easy to walk all over and beat. The game structure is the survivors are trying to escape the killer and get out of the match but it feels like the killer are the weak links that should fear the survivors now is what I was getting at. I don’t know why I always see comments about how all these games killers 3 and 4 k because I don’t see those games. I don’t see all this killer domination that mainly survivor mains state; so it’s either not true and exaggerated to make it seem like killers are stronger then they are or I’m one of the few that doesn’t experience this.
I think it might just be different mmr brackets. In mine (as survivor), which is on the low end of average, killers prevail 90% of the time. That's because of a combination of untrained players, snowball, poor decision making, strong perks, DCs and killers tunneling. I'm not saying it's only that killers are OP (because they're not). It's multiple factors.
In other brackets, I 100% know it might be different. But if stats show that even at top 5%, killers have a more than 50% killrate, I don't believe that they're in such a bad spot that they get walked all over consistently. If it's the case for some players, maybe they should lower their mmr a bit and find a niche that suits them better.
That's what I do when I play killer, and my games are challenging (my Hag games are, at least. I'm too friendly with Legion during events, so my Legion games are currently getting increasingly easy, which I'll have to correct at some point) yet I don't face cocky, unpleasant players.
This game has multiple layers. Almost anything we can say about the game is not true on all of them. That's why feedback from everyone is important =)
Make a guide for survivors then. The guides I've seen are usually mostly directed at beginners. We need guides for intermediate.
It could be a matchmaking issue if you're consistently going against much more experienced teams. In my solo queue games it definitely doesn't feel like I'm having an easy time.
The first down is also always the hardest, since all the pallets are up and the other survivors have nothing else to do but gens. Running corrupt/deadlock should help slow things down a little early game for you so that gens aren't flying too fast.
Try not to give up, killers in this game can turn things around really quickly even if a game is going badly for them.
What killers are you playing? Do you have a main? Some killers are simply not meant to get consistently good results on. Are survivors bringing maps and strong loadouts? If yes yo need to adapt as well if you want good results. Identify a 3-gen you want to hold. Don't overcommit in chases. That can cost you the game. The main reason why survivors seem to be strong nowadays when you play killers is because people will get better and more coordinated in this game.
If you play 4 man swf with friends in discord ofcourse it's easy. But that's not how most play and most don't even know what looping is. If we balance game that every survivor can loop well it will kill soloQ which is already very easy for killer. I went for 30 wins streak with wraith without tunneling or camping until endgame and majority matches were agains't soloQ.
Killer is a joke in this game. I will play a couple games and immediately switch to survivor so I don't have to deal with the plethora of bullshit. Maps suck, outside of 3 or 4 killers they all suck and have no answer for the busted maps and bloated amount of pallets. They need to nerf Nurse and Blight and reduce the amount of pallets on all the maps significantly for any high mmr or competent killer to have fun in this game. Camping and tunneling is the way to go and it's boring as hell to play that way and I dont like ruining others fun but the game just sucks now.
consider using a different killer or perk build. here's the one i'm using. it's not really a meta perk/killer build but it defies the normal playstyle enough while still making survivors sweat. very rarely do any escape.
the plague
addons: black incense (red), prayer tablet fragment (brown)
addons are important: black incense doesn't just tell you what gens to defend but helps you snowball the game by tracking survivors as they are going for saves, often they'll be injured because your responsibility early game is to not pursue any chases, but infect all the gens with green vomit. survivors will spend basically the entire match injured.
perks:
fearmonger, monitor and abuse, knockout, infectious fright
fearmonger: a very important perk for this build. synergizes with knockout by denying information as well as reduces the amount of times you're going to actually encounter an exhaust perk
monitor and abuse: very important, often lets you get much closer to survivors who are repairing gens OR who are running around - makes it much easier to catch them in dead zones while you're tracking them with the black essence addon
knockout: this isn't a slug build. so why knockout? because you're often bidding your time for the perfect slug, maybe you've only hooked 2 or 3 survivors, well it's not worth your time hooking the 3rd or 4th survivor, especially late in the match. just keep them on the ground (unless they are in the middle of the map, then hook them) often times i'll kill 2 survivors by hook and have at least 1 survivor die by bleeding out. a perfect slug might be when a survivor makes the mistake of getting downed on the opposite side of the map from their team, or slugging when you down them while they're trying to unhook, or when you need to buy time to pressure gens.
infectious fright: this combos perfectly with knockout because once a survivor goes down infectious fright will basically tell you what your gameplan is. if anyone was nearby then they are your next target. and the other survivor is just gonna have to deal with the dirt for awhile. otherwise usually just hook them unless they are far away from their team.
so basically, the playstyle is: keep all gens infected in the early/mid game. let the infection spread, it's likely never going away even if they cleanse. they're injured the entire game. you're not really trying to get into long chases with any single survivor, you're just defending gens, trying to get survivors to drop pallets near gens but not pursuing on long chases, trying to get knockout value, trying to get infectious fright value, and more often than not they won't respect you, they'll go for saves when injured, they won't realize you're tracking their every vomit, they wont know where their slugged teammates are, and then at the perfect time you pop a corrupt purge and abruptly end the match.
I get what you're sayin. People that have been around awhile remember when most maps were pretty small and there were only 1 or 2 safe tiles. You used to have to know how to run a tile the right way and if you made the slightest mistake you were punished. Second chance perks weren't really a thing. If you wanted to heal, you better find a teammate. It made the survivor experience a lot more fun and engaging. It made things tense. Now all of that's gone. I can play survivor with my brain in autopilot. I miss the old days