Anyone feel like solo queue is just not worth it in the current meta?

I really feel like I just can't do it anymore while full gen control builds, particularly with Eruption, are the current killer meta.

Match after match killers are bringing in 3-4 gen control perks and almost always Eruption and Eruption is making solo queue unplayable at this rate.

Sadly I feel the only options are to either play easy mode and SWF or just drop survivor altogether and play killer. Anyone else feeling solo is being ruined by the Eruption meta?

Comments

  • @SunaIIanu said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3297016#Comment_3297016

    Atleast on steam you can look at their friendlists, which works most of the time for me.

    I don't know if console has a similar feature though.

    Yes it does. If you check someone's profile assuming it isn't restricted or anything, you can see the amount of people playing with them in a lobby

  • It's always been equally awful.

  • The current meta is more boring than anything else. Eruption's incapacitated status is the perfect example, what else can I do except just stare at the gen while it regresses? Such thrilling gameplay.

    It honestly feels like the most boring aspects of the game are becoming longer and longer, gens last forever because of regression and anti-loop killers mean that the best strat is just run from loop to loop.

    Add that to the amount of games that someone gets hard tunnelled out off first hook or camped and it makes games feel hopeless.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3297170#Comment_3297170

    Okay, going point by point.

    • You...don't think that there was anything wrong with the old DH? Well, you're certainly alone there mate. But my point is people keep bringing up how often you see Eruption, without realizing that DH was over triple that rate.
    • It was nerfed because *it was dictating the entire meta at any MMR above intermediate*. Again...70% usage rate? Why do you think that was?
    • Well...yes? Regression perks are how the killer meta has worked for years now. Because anything that isn't regression is aura reading, and anything that isn't aura reading is - at best - gimmicky and mediocre. About the only lethality perk I can think of worth running on a few killers is STBFL - which, before the Eruption QQ train left the station, was the current topic.
    • Also - I almost never see Pop anymore. I'd say I see more Deadlock than DMS/PR, a good few Overcharges and Surges and the rare Pentimento. That's...what? Nine perks? That's the best it has ever been. Do you mean 'I want all regression perks nerfed?' because that's not going to happen without massive buffs to killer lethality or a bigger nerf to gen speeds.
    • Let me clarify - I saw as more DCs in *losing games* before as I do now. BHVR wanted to increase kill rates, so the amount of losing games went up and so did the quitters.
    • Were you playing solo? If so, that's your issue. This game cannot and should not be balanced around solos, because that makes SWF unbeatable.
    • But okay, let me explain the math. Otz did this infinitely better, but I can't find that video now sadly. Basically, kill rate is over 50%, which is where BHVR wants it (of course, if you took out quitter games this number would be much lower, but that's another discussion). This accounts for both solo and SWF. Going by BHVR's numbers, SWFs are about 10% more likely, overall, to escape than solos. So the solo survival rate is about 40%.
    • This means that you're going to have losing streaks due to bad luck. But...in those losses, do yourself a favor and count how many of those were caused by another survivor either giving up, going AFK, DCing or suiciding. Because my last few survivor sessions, playing solo, when I removed those I had an escape rate of maybe 50%. Which is fine.

    Should the game be balanced around 4-man SWF (less than 5% of players)? I don’t want a dissertation where you try to mislead or obfuscate, I’m not looking for some long winded rationale that explains anything away. Just yes or no, please.

  • Soloq is cannon fodder for killers. Every one SWF I get, I get at least 4 soloq matches immediately after that usually end either in a 4k or a 3+hatch.

    It's why I get frustrated with forum people. Killer is precisely the role I play when I get frustrated and I wanna get a couple easy wins. And if I suspect the survivor team is a SWF I just dodge the lobby and entirely skip the d/c penalty, something I don't have the luxury to do when I play survivor.

  • @Eelanos said:

    Soloq is cannon fodder for killers. Every one SWF I get, I get at least 4 soloq matches immediately after that usually end either in a 4k or a 3+hatch.

    It's why I get frustrated with forum people. Killer is precisely the role I play when I get frustrated and I wanna get a couple easy wins. And if I suspect the survivor team is a SWF I just dodge the lobby and entirely skip the d/c penalty, something I don't have the luxury to do when I play survivor.

    It depends on the SWF for me, if I have experience of them in the past and I know they like to make for a toxic experience then I skip. But I will play them if they are good but don't behave like 5 year olds...

    It isn't about the winning in the role of killer, I think most killers win most of their matches and if you don't you should really be taking a good hard look at how you are playing. But is how you get that win that matters and I can win against the sweatiest toxic SWF but the win feels hollow as the process was a miserable slog of putting up with badly behaved children intentionally trying to frustrate me.

    But solo queue is much easier for killers, I think we all know that

  • @Ghoste said:

    Solo is borderline unplayable. In more than half my matches, the Killer has Eruption and tunnels the first guy out with 4 gens left. Wow, much skill, very balanced.

    I bet Killer players are having a ball though. The game has never been easier for them, and yet they continue to sweat like their life depends on the 4k. 🙄

    Yes I see this a lot too though in fairness not every match as there are still people who have a shred of decency. But it happens enough to motivate me to have started this thread in the first place.

    In a recent vid regarding selfishness of the DBD community, Scott Jund discussed the idea of when you see a team is struggling to perhaps consider backing off a bit as killer as it can become clear very early on that you are not going to lose the match. I realised I do exactly this without even thinking about it, I would rather everyone has a good match than be playing Nurse and slugging at 5 gens against a solo queue lobby.

    So often I find killers play like every team is a full 4 man sweat squad when the reality is even most SWF's are a bunch of barely competent causal goofs

  • @SunaIIanu said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3297124#Comment_3297124

    It's slighty inconvenient, but not a big deal imo, I always check the profiles of my opponents and teammates.

    Can you check the profiles of players from the same console though?

    Depends, it's a privacy option on Xbox to show or hide the games you're playing (including Achievements, time played etc.)

1 2 ›