"The Survivor Rulebook" seems more like a passage from "The Killer Self-Help Book"

To assuage Killer feelings of guilt for tunneling out helpless Solo Survivors. I'm not particularly good, but I ran a Blight advertising his Twitch and YT channel for about 90 seconds during the trial's first chase. He was running Compound 33. When I got unhooked, the Blight's right back at the hook. Does he go for the unhooker? No, he's on me again.

I DC at that point because it's the game's second strongest Killer, running the strongest add-on, employing the game's strongest "Strat" (besides SWF, maybe). That's not a "ragequit" and it's not part of a rulebook. It means it's unplayable. He knows it. He had about 30 viewers and the response is "Blight's ripping up the Survivor rulebook". They know it too, I guess. Get rid of tunneling. It's BS.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Blink0925 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3291982#Comment_3291982

    But was camping and tunneling an intended mechanic? Because looping wasnt an intended mechanic. It was something that the players found to be effective. I would argue that its the same with camping and tunneling. I never said it was invalid. And those perks are intended to prevent camping and tunneling. Think of old DS and how many killers would slug as to not eat DS. Thats prevention. Fact of the matter is camping and tunneling just isnt fun. And the whole argument of people can play how they want is a BS argument. Its not that its not fun cause you die. You either sit on the hook all match and have very little interactions, or you get tunneled and have very little interactions.

    Again those perks don't prevent the killer from camping or tunneling. Reassurance does not stop a killer from staying by the hook and OTR and DS don't stop the killer from continuing after you.

    And whether or not it was intended doesn't matter, because the devs have accepted them as valid tactics. The devs have stated that they aren't bannable and even made balance changes to reduce the power of tunneling straight off hook. The devs have acknowledge these tactics and have stated they are acceptable.

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3291909#Comment_3291909

    Intentionally sandbagging is bannable. Repeat DCers should be banned from the game as well.

    Why. Im having fun. So since your not having fun because of me, that means I should get banned. That means that camping and tunneling should also be bannable.

  • That a lot of the things that killers considered toxic, have been removed from the game whereas whenever it's a thing that survivors consider toxic - survivors are told to cope and that they are just whining instead of playing the game and dealing with it.

  • @Blink0925 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3292001#Comment_3292001

    Why. Im having fun. So since your not having fun because of me, that means I should get banned. That means that camping and tunneling should also be bannable.

    You know that's not a good comparison. If you won't play a full match don't queue up in a team based role.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3292007#Comment_3292007

    Again those perks don't prevent the killer from camping or tunneling. Reassurance does not stop a killer from staying by the hook and OTR and DS don't stop the killer from continuing after you.

    And whether or not it was intended doesn't matter, because the devs have accepted them as valid tactics. The devs have stated that they aren't bannable and even made balance changes to reduce the power of tunneling straight off hook. The devs have acknowledge these tactics and have stated they are acceptable.

    They are clearly meant to help prevent tunneling and camping, other wise they wouldnt have been added in the first place. And if someone doesnt want to go against it they shouldnt have to. They have every right to dc and move on from those matches.

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3292016#Comment_3292016

    You know that's not a good comparison. If you won't play a full match don't queue up in a team based role.

    That is a totally valid comparison. I make the decision to queue up, I go in and I have fun in whatever way I want.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3291962#Comment_3291962

    Come at you? I simply responded to you. There were no insults and I was far from aggressive in my tone.

    You can totally consider all in the match while still completing your objective. Considering everyone doesn’t mean rolling over and letting the other side walk over you.

    I never said that you had to let the other side walk all over you.

  • @Blink0925 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3292015#Comment_3292015

    They are clearly meant to help prevent tunneling and camping, other wise they wouldnt have been added in the first place. And if someone doesnt want to go against it they shouldnt have to. They have every right to dc and move on from those matches.

    They do not prevent such actions and never will. These perks exist to give you some help against those tactics, not to prevent them.

    You don't get to pick and choose what you want to play against in a PvP and if you queue up to play a match you should play it out. Instead of justifying rage quitting go play a different game.

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3292012#Comment_3292012

    That a lot of the things that killers considered toxic, have been removed from the game whereas whenever it's a thing that survivors consider toxic - survivors are told to cope and that they are just whining instead of playing the game and dealing with it.

    Im going to have to disagree with you on that one. I play both killer and survivor, and there are plenty of things both sides still have that are equally as annoying.

  • I wish more people remembered there are actual people behind the players in their games. It's frankly not hard to not be unsufferable.

  • @HugTheHag said:

    I wish more people remembered there are actual people behind the players in their games. It's frankly not hard to not be unsufferable.

    I wish more people remembered that these things are approved by the developers.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3291829#Comment_3291829

    If you want to rage quit every game, because you can't handle that your opponents are other players who can play the way they want within the rules of the game, then why are you playing the game?

    At some point you have to realize you just don't like dbd and stop playing dbd.

    You can easily like the game and dislike the people. League Of Legends should have taught us as much.

    And to be fair, they do have a point about the double standards of the community. No one is responsible of other people's fun, but when they quit a match all hell breaks lose.

    Truth is, games tend to have rules because game devs know they have to protect people from themselves. "No one is responsible of your fun" is a terrible take that leads to games having 0 new players and an ever increasing amount of premades/SWF. It's the reason solo q is in such a terrible state.

    I'm not saying DBD players in particular are bad, I'm saying the core game does not prevent people from neither min-maxing their efficency to the detriment of other players nor from ruining someone else's fun for their own pleasure.

    FFXIV had some emote spammers that teabagged dead people on the floor after the PvP rework and they were quick to add a new rule that punished people from doing so. The game mode has been a blast to play since then, and way more chill. League of Legends is constantly updating the game to prevent abusive strategies, no matter how niche they are. And they balance for both pro and casual play.

    You should not defend people actively trying to kick out another player with 1000 BP at most by tunneling them out of the game. It is efficent, but the game should promote going for somebody else rather than semi-hostage taking someone on hook from either tunneling or camping them.

    I mean, that was the entire reason BT got a basekit version. A just rescued survivor, wounded, right in front of the killer? What's more efficent than hitting them? Now base BT somewhat disuades people from tunneling as hard.

  • @Blink0925 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3292031#Comment_3292031

    Im going to have to disagree with you on that one. I play both killer and survivor, and there are plenty of things both sides still have that are equally as annoying.

    You can't disagree with facts.


    Facts being that most of the annoying things that killers classified as annoying, killers complained about relentlessly until it got nerfed - whereas the longest standing complaints for survivors have remained in the game.

  • @Eelanos said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3291831#Comment_3291831

    You can easily like the game and dislike the people. League Of Legends should have taught us as much.

    And to be fair, they do have a point about the double standards of the community. No one is responsible of other people's fun, but when they quit a match all hell breaks lose.

    Truth is, games tend to have rules because game devs know they have to protect people from themselves. "No one is responsible of your fun" is a terrible take that leads to games having 0 new players and an ever increasing amount of premades/SWF. It's the reason solo q is in such a terrible state.

    I'm not saying DBD players in particular are bad, I'm saying the core game does not prevent people from neither min-maxing their efficency to the detriment of other players nor from ruining someone else's fun for their own pleasure.

    FFXIV had some emote spammers that teabagged dead people on the floor after the PvP rework and they were quick to add a new rule that punished people from doing so. The game mode has been a blast to play since then, and way more chill. League of Legends is constantly updating the game to prevent abusive strategies, no matter how niche they are. And they balance for both pro and casual play.

    You should not defend people actively trying to kick out another player with 1000 BP at most by tunneling them out of the game. It is efficent, but the game should promote going for somebody else rather than semi-hostage taking someone on hook from either tunneling or camping them.

    I mean, that was the entire reason BT got a basekit version. A just rescued survivor, wounded, right in front of the killer? What's more efficent than hitting them? Now base BT somewhat disuades people from tunneling as hard.

    If someone only got 1K score after being chased->hook 3 times in a row. They weren't playing well at all. We should not cater the game those people bad at the game. Tunneling and camping aren't instant win strategies and can be beaten by a team of survivors better than the killer.

    What people love to forget is that DBD is a 1v4 elimination game. The killer is trying to eliminate members of the other team. This naturally makes tunneling and camping effective tactics. You will never get rid of these strategies without completing changing the game.

  • @Blink0925 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3291742#Comment_3291742

    Then they have the right to leave the match they are playing and move to the next match. If people are not responsible for my fun, I am not responsible for their fun, so I dont care how I affect anyone else in the trial. I mean thats the stance the community takes right? So then why is it such an issue when some one DCs or Kills themselves on hook?

    You bought and paid for the game. You should play it however you want to play it.

    But you can't come to these forums expecting a positive response to you DCing from a match. It is against the forum rules to encourage DCs.

    image.png

    I wish DbD matches were more fun and DCs happened less.

  • I'm closing this thread to prevent escalation.

1 2 ›