What is map hack exactly?

hi everyone. It might be a dumb question but after my last game someone accused me (I think it was me cause I was the killer) map hack and said reported. And I have literally no idea what that is. Is it is about game mechanics or a hack? 

Comments

  • Maybe you used a map offering?(which is not a hack), might've just been a salty survivor.

  • Maybe you used a map offering?(which is not a hack), might've just been a salty survivor.

    No I haven’t use any offerings. 
  • Maybe he got stuck in a courner and you downed him

    But devs already said that this isn't bannable since its the survs fault
  • @Rotieh2000
    Yeah I could have done that. She kept running to the end corners where no hooks were nearby. And I downed her there. Is that map hack?
  • Not sure, never heard this "map hack" thing before, my best guess is that he/she got high sodium chlorite and tryed to make an excuse for hiding in courners
  • Map hack normally has two or three meanings in dbd

    1. the illegal third party program that makes your enemies visible to you
    2. its also used as demeaning replacement for aura revealing perks such as bbq.
    3. that other dude was just a sore loser and seeked to insult you.
  • I wouldn't worry about it, it's just bad survivors being bad.

    Carry on and have fun!

  • @Raptorrotas said:
    Map hack normally has two or three meanings in dbd

    1. the illegal third party program that makes your enemies visible to you
    2. its also used as demeaning replacement for aura revealing perks such as bbq.
    3. that other dude was just a sore loser and seeked to insult you.

    That's from least likely to most likely, right?

  • antgnstea said:
    @Rotieh2000
    Yeah I could have done that. She kept running to the end corners where no hooks were nearby. And I downed her there. Is that map hack?
    Lmao dbd in a nutshell.

    Survivor plays cheap...still loses....cries foul 
  • @Orion said:

    @Raptorrotas said:
    Map hack normally has two or three meanings in dbd

    1. the illegal third party program that makes your enemies visible to you
    2. its also used as demeaning replacement for aura revealing perks such as bbq.
    3. that other dude was just a sore loser and seeked to insult you.

    That's from least likely to most likely, right?

    Get an awesome for that question! Didnt even think about it :)
    But yeah its kinda true.

  • yeah I’ve heard about wall hacks as aura reading hacks. Didn’t think they were same. Thanks for answering all.
  • @The_Crusader said:
    antgnstea said:

    @Rotieh2000
    Yeah I could have done that. She kept running to the end corners where no hooks were nearby. And I downed her there. Is that map hack?

    Lmao dbd in a nutshell.

    Survivor plays cheap...still loses....cries foul 

    I've actually ran into a corner when a killer was working with a survivor to hook farm everyone else. The person even tried blocking me from running away from hooks so the killer could down me. So it's not just survivors playing cheap.

    For the person being described it's not a hack on either end and they still died.

  • @powerbats
    if you’re talking about my game, actually no they didn’t die they all escaped.
  • @antgnstea said:
    @powerbats
    if you’re talking about my game, actually no they didn’t die they all escaped.

    Ah thanks for clarifying since the comment said they still lost inferred they died.

  • Just a salty survivor mad that they lost. Don't sorry about it, just have fun! :D
  • @powerbats
    thats why it bugged me so much. The one who commented that and two other escaped. I hate to admit but kind of easily. I could only get 1k and that was because she was still after her healing points. Well we all know how that goes with NC.