Add VOIP? (Prox Voice Chat)

just an idea they can test out in the ptb or in the betas tab

I know it will be like MW2 and be a complete toxicity fest but almost every big game today has voip and it could potentially make the game more enjoyable for both sides, like F13 the game for example, if that game had no voip it wouldn't be as successful as it was

Comments

  • @LooeDbD said:

    just an idea they can test out in the ptb or in the betas tab

    I know it will be like MW2 and be a complete toxicity fest but almost every big game today has voip and it could potentially make the game more enjoyable for both sides, like F13 the game for example, if that game had no voip it wouldn't be as successful as it was

    Can you give an example of how you think this would be enjoyable for both sides? Also just because other games have it is not a good reason.

    Any and every game with Proximity chat I played has always been toxic, people screaming, shouting racial slurs etc.

  • I'd rather they fix the lack of information in SoloQ first, before adding gimmick stuff like this. I'm not against it, but there'd be a heavy temptation to act like this feature would fix SoloQ, which couldn't be further from the truth.

    Also I'd disable it permanently, personally speaking.

  • DBD seems to be doing fine without voip

    Also, everytime I play other multiplayer games with voice chat I remember why I enjoy playing DBD.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/356438/add-voip-prox-voice-chat

    " if that game had no voip it wouldn't be as successful as it was"

    Maybe, but this game has been successful without it.

    The devs lucked into that, the community developing "looping" is what really caused the game to take off.

    The devs actually thought balancing original DBD around stealth was a good idea. And the pallets were good as "distractions".

  • i forgot to mention they could add a option to mute other players before or in game if they are toxic/annoying or the ability to completely turn it off for those who don't want it.

  • @whothis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/356438/add-voip-prox-voice-chat

    Can you give an example of how you think this would be enjoyable for both sides? Also just because other games have it is not a good reason.

    Any and every game with Proximity chat I played has always been toxic, people screaming, shouting racial slurs etc.

    Still better than solo q games having next to no coordination because then we can start to balance this game better.

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3279602#Comment_3279602

    Still better than solo q games having next to no coordination because then we can start to balance this game better.

    Dude look at how toxic the community is already on chat , what do you expect will happen once in voice? Is there any game where the voice has not added more ways of being toxic? At least the ones I played have never been good.

  • Imagine the proximity chat also works for the killer... And you can just talk to the bubba who is currently facecamping you, that would be great :D:D Now I finally have something to do while I stay on hook for 2 minutes :D

  • @whothis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3280325#Comment_3280325

    Dude look at how toxic the community is already on chat , what do you expect will happen once in voice? Is there any game where the voice has not added more ways of being toxic? At least the ones I played have never been good.

    Once again its better than not having it. It allows for better balancing therefore we should 100% do it regardless of people wanting to be whiny and complain about toxicity which is what closing end game chat and muting is for.

  • @LooeDbD said:

    i forgot to mention they could add a option to mute other players before or in game if they are toxic/annoying or the ability to completely turn it off for those who don't want it.

    What is your solution for sandbagging and griefing teammates who have the chat disabled.

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3283722#Comment_3283722

    Once again its better than not having it. It allows for better balancing therefore we should 100% do it regardless of people wanting to be whiny and complain about toxicity which is what closing end game chat and muting is for.

    ok got it so you want it to help you for solo q nothing related to making it fun for both sides or adding benefit to both sides.

  • Yeah this is needed for solo queues. I strongly agree as killer main.

  • @whothis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3283850#Comment_3283850

    ok got it so you want it to help you for solo q nothing related to making it fun for both sides or adding benefit to both sides.

    ? Is soloq quality of life not an important thing? Why does cod have voice coms in its casual games? Cause its there to help people who actually want to use it. Just because its not making it fun/benefitting for both sides doesn't even make it REMOTELY a bad thing.