Eruption is an "issiue" but circle of healing and dead hard is fine.... sure.

So the overall argument about eruption is "unfair" to soloQ compared to SWF since swf can coordinate it with comms. Which is litteraly every killer perk ever, like all of em are "easyer" countered by swf because of comms and thus "harder" to SoloQ. This reasoning doenst make any sense to me.


Dead Hard is still as common and still as annoying. Yes, it can be outplayed better now, but the main action requirement is still on the survivor, just like with eruption there is no Visiual warning. The animation is WHILE dead hard is in play, not before, not after. "Bait it out" yeah ok. Dont work on the gen that got kicked? take another? Its about the same "good" counterplay. It doesnt deny the fact that its there and its annoying.


Boons. Are the opposite to hexes right? so how come they are infinite and hexes litteraly last for at highest 2 minutes if even. Sometimes Survivors get spawned on boons (or right next to gens btw) and you can do NOTHING about it. There is no counterplay to guard your hex when they litteraly find it within the first few breaths your character takes in a trial.


How come eruption has so much people worked up about it but Dead hard and Boons seem fine to be for this community? one really could get an image of how the community just wants one side busted the other drowned. Knight does bring some example too, you can see his power as a survivor but he cant see you. And you can even get buffed by the flag if you pick it up, which is oh so reasonable for balance matters... Right?


I have a piece offering: Just let the devs make a perk that cancelles all incapitation effects, just like Shattered Hope got made a perk too.

Comments

  • @JustAnotherNewbie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3271226#Comment_3271226

    Because those have already been complained about when you weren't even a forum member and they got nerfed or reworked.

    which doesnt mean they are in a good state.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3271217#Comment_3271217

    We're definitely keeping an eye on all the discussions. As for plans, I can't say whether or not it'll be changing at the moment, but we'll be sure to share if/when something is set in stone.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3271230#Comment_3271230

    There was definitely a time where both perks got their fair share of posts, though as others have mentioned, they've each received some changes recently. That said, if you still feel like they're an issue, you're absolutely welcome to make a thread about them and raise awareness, but tying them back to Eruption doesn't exactly get the same point across. I know you probably didn't intend it this way, but people will often compare one side to another to excuse something for being strong, so it's usually better to point out whatever you think is a problem and leave anything unrelated out of it.

    Appreciate it sir. No rush, y'all take as much time as you need!

  • As someone who loves eruption, I do believe it needs some changes. I personally think nerfing the incap timer and removing the CD or buffing the regression is the best way to balance it. I don't really want what some ppl saying and having it blocked the gen. I don't really like perks that regress and block gens since the regression doesn't continue happing till after the gen is unblocked. One reason I don't run DMS and Pain Res all that often.

    As for DH and CoH, I still hate DH and still think it's one of the most annoying perks to go against. Some ppl say it requires skill now to use and I disagree. There are times when DH is used when there no skill require. Those are the times when the person just camps or gets to a pallet and the killer is now in a lose/lose situation. You as the killer either have to swing and eat the DH or dont swing and eat a stun from the drop pallet(sometimes you eat a DH and get stunned by the pallet). The only time I say DH is a skillful perk is when it is used in the open to bait a swing and use the speed boost to get to another loop. That is the only time I say it's a skillful perk since you do have to time it well and bait the killer. But I rarely see ppl use the perk like this, most of the time it is used at pallets and windows.

    As for CoH I still hate it for the most part but mostly because it stacks with Medkits. I think medkits and CoH shouldn't work together to get super fast heals. It's annoying to the killer who depends on hit-and-runs. The only saving grace about CoH is that it can sometimes cost a team a match if they have 2 or more ppl with it and they decide to spend most the time in the match booning instead of doing gen. Even then tho its a super strong perk in the hands of an SWF who knows how to use it and stomp the killer's face in.

  • @Vampirox said:

    CoH is not even a problem anymore

    the people who consider it a problem are the people that cant change their hit and run gameplay style

    Plus i rarely see CoH in my games anymore, what i do see is 3-4 medkits almost every game which i dont blame them for toolboxes/maps/keys are utter trash and need a rework at this point

    CoH is the 3rd most used perk in my games. In solo it allows people a place to reset without wandering aimlessly, in a swf the team can reset in the time it takes a killer to hook. Just because it's effect has been halved doesn't mean it's not extremely strong just by nature, it's one of those things where the only way it's not op is by gutting into the ground and by then no one will use it. It simply needs a rework so it can have a strong effect.

  • @Bardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3271252#Comment_3271252

    You can hardly call what happened to CoH a nerf. It now takes a whole *2 SECONDS* longer to self-heal without a medkit than at go-live and even less difference to other healing methods.

    CoH is still completely killing the Hit & Run playstyle - make it less insanely OP and you'll see less tunnelling. NOTE: I know that nothing will stop tunnelling (mainly because it's a perfectly valid strategy) but making hit & run more viable will help.

    Actually, i dont belive you. We have seen this pattern before, and it turned out to be untrue.

    Even if CoH would be nerfed, people would tunnel even more, because they can be more sure the survivor is not healed up already.

    Or they would just ask for the medkit-nerf, because those damn medkits completley kill the Hit & Run playstyle, but if they were nerfed, the tunneling would go down.

    Its just not true, as we all have learned.

  • I complained about CoH a lot when it released. And I praised the DH nerf. Heck, if you go deep enough in my post history, I think I made threads about Instaheals needing nerfs before they got changed. And Mettle of Man when it released.

    Just because someone has an issue with Eruption doesn't mean they're biased. Broken things are broken.

  • I can't believe people are still complaining about DH

  • Do you want me to bring you threads for DH and CoH for the past month? I didn't say they're nerfed to the ground.

  • @JustAnotherNewbie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3271298#Comment_3271298

    Do you want me to bring you threads for DH and CoH for the past month? I didn't say they're nerfed to the ground.

    i didnt say you said that.

  • Here.

    @BillsHere101 said:

    This problem is becoming prevalent and it really bothers me to a core level. Dead hard hackers happens too much in high sbmm and I frequently face them on a daily basis. They DON'T activate Dead Hard BEFORE you attack. Any loop, any pallet, anything you can think of. Their hack only activates once you

    a) get very close

    b) press the attack button

    c) you aim inside their hitbox

    That's how I have observed. It doesn't matter if I fake my attack. It doesn't matter if I circle around while attacking. The hack knows exactly when you hit or not hit the survivor. The moment it knows that you're going to hit the survivor, dead hard activates.

    There is no counter play to this and there is nothing you can do about it. They got a third health state permanently.

    Subtle cheating is the worst kind of cheating there is. You should be ashamed of yourself.

    @HoodedWildKard said:

    Killer: For me, hands down NOED. One of the most frustrating perks in the game. Just gives subpar killers free kills at the end of the game. Hate it as survivor, and i refuse to use it as killer on principle.

    I mean at least don't hide it. When last gen is done just show survs the exposed status. So they know not to go for yolo unhooks and can at least look for the totem instead of feeding the killer. The amount of games times it turns a 0 or1k game into an unwarranted 3 or 4k is stupid.

    If i die to bloodwarden or no way out I can deal with that. But NOED is simply infuriating.

    Survivor: no mither. I mean why is it even in the game? It is just actively useless. Should give a huge bp bonus and silence pain grunts totally. Even then it'd still be pretty garbage.

    @RuthlessDecay said:

    I don’t tunnel so it’s not Off the Record, it isn’t Borrowed Time for the exact same reason.

    No Med-Kits so it isn’t Endurance from those.

    I’ll attempt to bait out the DH by not quick attacking straight away, When I do attack Survivors time it perfectly! It’s happening a little too often for it to be coincidental.

    I’m open to the fact it could be a perk I’m unaware of.

    Cheers.

    @JakeCannon said:

    I can't wait til bots come cause then i won't have to deal with this bullshit.

    It's damn near impossible to lock down 3 houses with an m1 killer with 4 god windows in each and if you DO get a hit they can just hold W to the next building/another boon. I'll take "boring" over this #########.

    @AcelynnBen said:

    so you are telling me having 3 circle of healing in a small map (which is basically the whole map ) against a ghost face or any killer that isn't nurse is fair and balanced, and let me remind you no killer has time to deal with it so its just a giant ____ to them

    while Eruption a perk that requires the killer to hit the gen and down someone is broken because you can't let go before the killer downs...i mean sure that would come as a surprise the first time but once you know its there, you can easily counter it

    im starting to think the only people who complain about it are the ones who are in the game just to genrush or suicide on hook

    its literally the same thing as SH:PR just let go, and there you go crisis averted.....but no I MUST GEN RUSH and the killer must not be able to do anything about it

    seriously its not even that hidden, if u see a gen regressing, its an obvious sign the killer was there, so just use ur brain and predict that anything could exist

    i would understand it would be a little hard if u 3 gen, but again if u 3gen its your team's fault and any mistake the survivors make is a advantage for the killer..or it used to be like that i guess?

    Edit : loving all the counters on how Eruption should be nerfed...and the fact that nobody talked about boons being a nightmare, im not gonna say this place is survivor sided or killer but let's just say one side is missing a lot support

    @Adaez said:

    Dead hard is just as strong as it was before,its just harder to time it,but after you use it a while,its pretty easy.

    Until it gets rid of the endurance effect that's still an extra health state,againts some killers is a guaranteed extra health state.

    If they really wanted to nerf dead hard and balance it they would just make it so you get a few seconds of invincibility,not when you time dead hard correctly you get an extra health state and a speed boost.

    @PB_TORCHer said:

    One use of Dead-Hard a game like DS. Survivors don’t deserve multiple second chances throughout the game. Ds gets one get out of trouble instance. Dead-Hard should be the same.

    deadhard is still OP even in its current state.

    I wait for it as a killer 9/10 times.

    ‘How many second chances do survivors really need.

    ps again CoH and other boons should have only 1 use per totem. Remember when players used Self-Care….? Now only one of 4 players bring a perk that works as the same for everyone. This is also OP

    ‘These 2 perks in there current state are a issue.

    ‘Many will complain they need free heals and multiple second chances during a game. Why do you think you deserve this?

    If you miss the use it shouldn’t count until it is actually a DH hit save.

    ‘One DH can be a game changer then make that X4 characters multiple times. This is our reality.

    DH in it’s current state is the #1 most unfair/unbalanced perk in a game of 2 hits to down someone.

    ‘Proof https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmLvCjEXQ4s&t=40s

    Geez there’s even off the record too. SOooooo many 2nd chance perks

    Her’s another ridiculous example of DH being Op and over used

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6cvAZdZPk0

    @PB_TORCHer said:

    Boons can constantly be rekindled/ Hex needs undying. I’m aware of the perk that breaks boons. I guess killers might want to keep totems for some reasons. Killers lose hex totem’s early and it’s tuff luck. Survivors just go back and relight it. Imagine if killers could do the same. I don’t want it , but this is obviously uneven. Survivors need a perk -rekindled to reuse it. We should only get one use a totem otherwise. When it’s snuffed that’s it. This is even. Killers need to run a second perk of 4 to reuse it only once.

    ‘As a survivor I appreciate the boons occasionally, but honestly they waste a ton of time. I get annoyed when there my teammates priority over helping everyone get out by doing gens instead.

    Just threads either focusing on DH or CoH. I'm sure if you looked at other general threads there'd be a bunch of complaints about new DH and I only limited myself for a week. If I go even further back, I'm sure I'll find even more threads. I can even look at reddit if you like.

  • Yay so fun having to constantly wait for Dead Hard. Wow I'm a scary killer I can't swing at the survivor until he presses E. Such a fun and exciting game mechanic

  • The forums will be filled with players who are at higher skill levels. And those are meta perks. So yes they will see a lot of use, because they are good. And killer mains will whine about it because they always want a 4k every single game.

    I don't have an issue with either perk if used legitimately. Dead hard hackers are an issue, subtle cheat that's pretty easy to get away with but it's not a big wnough issue to killswitch the perk.

    Dead hard is so easy to bait out if they killer knows what they are doing. I was playing with a friend who was a brand new player in a custom to help him get used to killer. After describing the tactic to him he was able to efficiently bait out a deadhard on his first try. That perk requires good skill and timing to use. 0.5 seconds is a tiny window and you have to predict the killers swing or be very fast on the reaction time when you see the lunge animation.

    CoH is likewise useful but it's not the broken mess these killer sweats say it is. The self healing is slow and if you run sloppy butcher it's practically a slowdown perk. The only time I have reall issues with it in a killer game is when I'm trying to hold down a 3 gen situation. And being honest? Survs NEED a counterplay in that situation because it's really not fair to make that an auto win for killer.

    I play survivor and killer roughly equally so I want to see the balance work for both sides. With my swf we have a reasonable survival rate. Like maybe 40-50% averaged over the 4 players. And CoH gives us breathing space,it feels like we'd die an awful lot more without it. Which would make the game extremely unenjoyable. I don't use DH as much as I used to but it's still a handy perk and I do get some good value out of it but likewise I also miss a lot of triggers too. Neither perk is broken.

    The main issue is killers who can't counterplay these perks ramp their mmr up by clubbing new players and then end up against sweaty prestige 30 swfs. They get owned once or twice then come on here complaining about the perks they see the most. A game shouldn't be balanced based on the top 5% or even 10% of the mmr bracket. Because this game is intolerable enough for newer players on the survivor side. CoH is an essential perk for players like that. DH less so, but it's so easy to counter. I much prefer coming up against DH to sprint burst or balanced landing as exhaustion perks. Because I cannot counterplay those in any way, i am relying on the surv to mess up by running into a wall or something.

  • @HoodedWildKard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3271403#Comment_3271403

    The forums will be filled with players who are at higher skill levels. And those are meta perks. So yes they will see a lot of use, because they are good. And killer mains will whine about it because they always want a 4k every single game.

    I don't have an issue with either perk if used legitimately. Dead hard hackers are an issue, subtle cheat that's pretty easy to get away with but it's not a big wnough issue to killswitch the perk.

    Dead hard is so easy to bait out if they killer knows what they are doing. I was playing with a friend who was a brand new player in a custom to help him get used to killer. After describing the tactic to him he was able to efficiently bait out a deadhard on his first try. That perk requires good skill and timing to use. 0.5 seconds is a tiny window and you have to predict the killers swing or be very fast on the reaction time when you see the lunge animation.

    CoH is likewise useful but it's not the broken mess these killer sweats say it is. The self healing is slow and if you run sloppy butcher it's practically a slowdown perk. The only time I have reall issues with it in a killer game is when I'm trying to hold down a 3 gen situation. And being honest? Survs NEED a counterplay in that situation because it's really not fair to make that an auto win for killer.

    I play survivor and killer roughly equally so I want to see the balance work for both sides. With my swf we have a reasonable survival rate. Like maybe 40-50% averaged over the 4 players. And CoH gives us breathing space,it feels like we'd die an awful lot more without it. Which would make the game extremely unenjoyable. I don't use DH as much as I used to but it's still a handy perk and I do get some good value out of it but likewise I also miss a lot of triggers too. Neither perk is broken.

    The main issue is killers who can't counterplay these perks ramp their mmr up by clubbing new players and then end up against sweaty prestige 30 swfs. They get owned once or twice then come on here complaining about the perks they see the most. A game shouldn't be balanced based on the top 5% or even 10% of the mmr bracket. Because this game is intolerable enough for newer players on the survivor side. CoH is an essential perk for players like that. DH less so, but it's so easy to counter. I much prefer coming up against DH to sprint burst or balanced landing as exhaustion perks. Because I cannot counterplay those in any way, i am relying on the surv to mess up by running into a wall or something.

    I don't disagree with you, I simply answered the player who said why people are complaining about eruption and not those perks and brought examples. In another post he was complainign about new DH being a lose-lose situation. I use DH and I've come across killers who after getting DH the first time they know to wait it out and even if you can say I'm bad or average there are good players who still fail DH by misreading when the killer will attack.

    DH on reaction is very hard to do with latency and maybe input delay. I think the devs themselves have said that it can be affected by latency and they're going for a prediction perk.


    And from my personal experience if it means anything, it's true that it doesn't work on reaction because everytime I've hit it when they hit started I've always failed it. I'm also playing via GeForce so that may not be doing my latency any favors.


    As for your other points about people being high skill levels I would not be so sure, because there's no visible way to see that and people misjudge a lot of things. i could also make the claim that I'm probably mid to high MMR cause I get a lot of killers going for 3-4 slowdown Eruption perks and as people say here, that's the only way to win high MMR. And from all the troll or bait posts of people claiming survivor/killer is easy no one has ever taken anyone on a challenge to prove their point. So I personally wouldn't really put much weight. I've personally never made any claims about MMR because it doesn't even make sense to me and most of the time it feels as if the game doesn't even account for it when matchmaking takes long.


    All we can go about is the stats they released and they're not clear enough, because they can actually do a lot more and give as a better picture. Like what is the kill/escape rate at low MMR, mid, with DCs, which killer DCs the most, against which killer do survivors DC the most, the escape rate by solo, duo SWF etc. and most importantly the perk groups that have the highest killrate or escape rate etc. At this moment we simply know that killers are doing a lot better than they had been doing previously and maybe one can even claim many die hard killer mains are still in denial here. But that's about what we can really consider reliable.


    Many people still posting don't even play the game anymore but you wouldn't know that at first glance or reading a post in which they require a change or whine about a game mechanic.

  • Coming from a player who started 2017 before Devotions and the End game collapse. CoH’s free heals for EVERYONE is cheap/ez OP perk for survivors. Only 1 person need to brings a self-care totem perk for everyone that hides aura’s and speeds up heals as a group. These boon perks are crazy powerful. When they first came out I thought this seems game breaking.

    I am annoyed by CoH players on my side a survivor as well. Healing is great but most these players can’t do gens till there healed and/or blessing a totem. So much time is wasted. Sadly w/o it these players will hide in a corner or run around the edge of the map injured till everyone else dies or they finally come across someone. Most injured players are a frantic mess. They’re useless injured and/or SUPER time wasters w/ CoH

1 2 ›