I didn't utterly lose any killer game this week-end so ...

... how was I pitted against four survivors with less than a hundred of hours each?

I was on one of my best killers and I've got almost 3k hours on that account.


That's the kind of MMR flukes I don't get.




edit: the only peculiar game was a 45 minutes ones against bullies but I still got 3 of them.

Comments

  • Backfilled

    No killers in their MMR bracket

    At this time of day on a weekend the latter is perfectly possible because the matchmaking doesn't have a lot of killers to work with.

  • @Seraphor said:

    Backfilled

    No killers in their MMR bracket

    At this time of day on a weekend the latter is perfectly possible because the matchmaking doesn't have a lot of killers to work with.

    Backfilled is all fine but the difference of experience should not make this possible, ever.

    As far as the MMR is concerned, players with so little experience should never been matched against any experienced, decent, killer. Even with a weak killer I never play I could kill guys like these just by M1-ing.

    Seeing them hide from me while trying to see where I was ... when I was right next to them was both cute and sad.

  • i had a lobby with me (someone who got infected by high mmr thanks to her friends)

    A 2k hours Mikaela

    A 100 hours dwight

    and a huntress with 6k...

    mmr makes no sense in this game

  • @AcelynnBen said:

    i had a lobby with me (someone who got infected by high mmr thanks to her friends)

    A 2k hours Mikaela

    A 100 hours dwight

    and a huntress with 6k...

    mmr makes no sense in this game

    I mean, the whole point if MMR is that playtime is not a reflection of skill.

  • @drsoontm said:

    ... how was I pitted against four survivors with less than a hundred of hours each?

    I was on one of my best killers and I've got almost 3k hours on that account.

    That's the kind of MMR flukes I don't get.

    edit: the only peculiar game was a 45 minutes ones against bullies but I still got 3 of them.

    The SBMM system doesn’t work. It’s that simple. There aren’t enough players across all skill levels in both killer and survivor roles to make for efficient matchmaking. It probably works a bit better during peak times when there is a larger pool of players, but most of the time the system isn’t going to work at all because it would take way too long to make a “fair” match with available players all around the same MMR level.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3270522#Comment_3270522

    I mean, the whole point if MMR is that playtime is not a reflection of skill.

    yea i get that but what is a dwight with 100 hours doing up here

    he died instantly btw

  • I tried playing Nemesis again this week-end.

    I was quickly reminded why I don't play him anymore.


    oso.PNG hoki.PNG hammy.PNG brice.PNG

    They were all super chill about it, I managed a 2K with 10 hooks but Jesus Christ it was stressful.

  • "On that account"

    I'm sorry but in what world would anyone want more than one DBD account...

    I guess smurfing for easy games but that's kinda...

    But yeah the matchmaking sucks, most people cant tell though they just assume X is OP when in reality the matchmaking is just bad. I dont think people realise how inefficient and bad their team is.

  • @drsoontm said:

    ... how was I pitted against four survivors with less than a hundred of hours each?

    I was on one of my best killers and I've got almost 3k hours on that account.

    That's the kind of MMR flukes I don't get.

    edit: the only peculiar game was a 45 minutes ones against bullies but I still got 3 of them.

    The flip side to this was me. I was a killer with 400hrs going against survivors with 5k+ hours. I literally versed a professional DBD player.

  • @drsoontm said:

    ... how was I pitted against four survivors with less than a hundred of hours each?

    I was on one of my best killers and I've got almost 3k hours on that account.

    That's the kind of MMR flukes I don't get.

    edit: the only peculiar game was a 45 minutes ones against bullies but I still got 3 of them.

    Becuase mmr in this game barely works, or it works in misterious ways only the devs know. Thats why i don't belive when people that are complain about them being in high mmr every single game and how difficult it is, both survs and killers. Its just an excuse for them loosing. true u are more likely to meet more competent players but An mmr based on escapes and kills can put in"high mmr" people with less that 200 hours in the game. Let's say as i killer i just start playing, i stomp baby surviviors for n games, i'm gonna be put against players with more experience than me even tho i only have 100 hours. Same as surviors, u crouch the whole game doing nothing, let my team die, camping the exit gate and i run sole survivor and wake up and i escape every match but i actually have no clue of that i'm doing and i get paired in the same team and a killer as survivors with 1k plus hours each. i ve had multiple times or faced as killer multiple times players with 40 hours in the game mixed in a team of 2-3k hours player or i've had killers with 10 k hours facing me when i only had barely 1k hours in the game

  • @Pulsar said:

    I tried playing Nemesis again this week-end.

    I was quickly reminded why I don't play him anymore.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RDPPLS5T0W3Z/oso-png.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/B8N4DB3V7OZD/hoki-png.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ITXTV9QZYBX6/hammy-png.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/DTRB76REYMQO/brice-png.png

    They were all super chill about it, I managed a 2K with 10 hooks but Jesus Christ it was stressful.

    Those are Dark Souls 1 hours for me, and imagining playing this game for that long is a horrifying thought.

  • Imagine believing this game has an actual functional MMR system. I've gone from being matched with OhTofu and Ralph to trappers with 30 hours in back to back games. MMR is just something people use to inflate their egos even though they have no idea what it is or how the system actually works.

  • @I_CAME said:

    Imagine believing this game has an actual functional MMR system. I've gone from being matched with OhTofu and Ralph to trappers with 30 hours in back to back games. MMR is just something people use to inflate their egos even though they have no idea what it is or how the system actually works.

    i would say you're right but

    nobody in this community likes, literally nobody, not killers not survivors

  • MMR is pointless, when its hidden and does not reward a player, it promotes cheap behavior where you drown yourself to get easy match you can play with your left toe.

  • Oh by the way, remembered my rule for upping MMR in overwatch. If you wanna win more than 50% of the matches -- don't touch the game on weekends.

  • Maybe there was an influx of newcomers and the system used them to shorten Killer queues? Gotta smash newbies into oblivion lest they like the game and keep playing it, we dont like new players around these parts.

  • from my feeling i would say they test another algorythm.

  • On my best killers (Ghostface, Nurse, Oni, Artist, Huntress) I seem to get the most potato teams to go against but God forbid I try to play a game of Demogorgon or Pyramid. MMR is just pure randomness.

  • It's completely random anymore. They started SBMM with something promising and gradually turned it back into the circus of old ranked matchmaking. Really disappointing with no other options for players who want good matches and don't want instant queues for garbage games

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3270522#Comment_3270522

    I mean, the whole point if MMR is that playtime is not a reflection of skill.

    Fair enough but if I've checked their hours and posted this, it's because it was painfully obvious they were badly matched.

    @MrPeanutbutter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/355273/i-didnt-utterly-lose-any-killer-game-this-week-end-so

    The SBMM system doesn’t work. It’s that simple. There aren’t enough players across all skill levels in both killer and survivor roles to make for efficient matchmaking. It probably works a bit better during peak times when there is a larger pool of players, but most of the time the system isn’t going to work at all because it would take way too long to make a “fair” match with available players all around the same MMR level.

    In my experience, it mostly works. But then I get these singularities that make no sense at all.

    I'm not equally good with all my killers (obviously) and if I sometimes get teams that are way too strong for me, it's never to the point I'm helpless.

    (My survivor level is probably average and matching mostly OK, depending on what I'm grouped with)

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    On my best killers (Ghostface, Nurse, Oni, Artist, Huntress) I seem to get the most potato teams to go against but God forbid I try to play a game of Demogorgon or Pyramid. MMR is just pure randomness.

    THIS!! Can't wait for the bots to arrive, so I can finally try out Wesker without getting bullied by flashlight and sabo squads lmao xD

  • @Phantom_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3270990#Comment_3270990

    THIS!! Can't wait for the bots to arrive, so I can finally try out Wesker without getting bullied by flashlight and sabo squads lmao xD

    IMHO, Flashlight/Sabo squads are kind of the most fun to go against. Even with a weaker killer.

    They tend to be focused on their perk and usually lose the war of attrition. (Especially if you out-troll them)

  • @Bupkiss said:

    I think the player numbers are down and MMR is pretty much ignored.

    They did implement a queue fix to shorten them months ago and some people deduced they soft caped the high MMR and after some minutes searching it starts lowering the target MMR to fill a lobby.

    My guess is before 6.1 there were way more % of Survivors playing and since queues were shorter it didnt lower the target MMR much so the teams were still pretty "normal" but after Killer influx and Solo exodus said "fix" is in full force and makes the lobbies with wathever it finds on sight because it has to lower the MMR to a point it becomes nonexistant.

  • You should have been matched with the team I got earlier tonight. I'm an average console killer. I got matched against wannabe tourney players. all over prestige 70 all running unbreakable dead hard off the record prove thyself adrenaline with green medkits and insta heals. All knew how to loop on Suffocation Pit. I got 1 hook as pallet Freddy. It was an extremely fun and fair game. I don't understand why people play like that in pubs. Go play scrims if that's how you find your jollies