THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION

Why does Doctor get to keep his power and have illusory pallets with his addon, meanwhile Freddy has to choose between underwhelming snares or underwhelming fake pallets. Makes no sense at all, just let him have both already...

Comments

  • Cause doctors illusionary pallets are passive, he has to destroy pallets for them to spawn, don't lock survivors in an animation when reaching them and can't provide any debuff.

    Freddy's Pallets are placed by him where he wants them to be, do not require him to break any pallets beforehand, locks survivors in an animation providing free hits for him and can provide debuffs with add ons.

  • Agreed Freddy is weak AF right now, he should get both, although maybe only give him like 3 dream pallets base

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    Cause doctors illusionary pallets are passive, he has to destroy pallets for them to spawn, don't lock survivors in an animation when reaching them and can't provide any debuff.

    Freddy's Pallets are placed by him where he wants them to be, do not require him to break any pallets beforehand, locks survivors in an animation providing free hits for him and can provide debuffs with add ons.

    Both provides free hits if the survivor goes expecting to use the pallet and its fake, its same value. We could argue docs is better because he doesn't even have to waste his time to put them, it keeps spawning back. Or we could argue Freddys better because he can get some value before start breaking pallets. But thats besides the point, imo freddy would be fine having both snares and pallets, having only pallets feels like a meme build/powerless killer.

  • Freddy is still better than him though and doc has a slowed movement while shocking where Freddy can use snares in multiple places at once , I don't think he should be able to use both at once but I do think Freddy needs looked at in other ways to help him out like having class photo built in and tweaking a few things to make the dream world more threatening without taking skill out of the equation like having snares and pallets both would do

  • @The_Krapper said:

    Freddy is still better than him though and doc has a slowed movement while shocking where Freddy can use snares in multiple places at once , I don't think he should be able to use both at once but I do think Freddy needs looked at in other ways to help him out like having class photo built in and tweaking a few things to make the dream world more threatening without taking skill out of the equation like having snares and pallets both would do

    docs shock is 1000% better than snares

  • The million dollar question is actually, "Will the map design ever get addressed?"..

  • @The_Krapper said:

    Freddy is still better than him though and doc has a slowed movement while shocking where Freddy can use snares in multiple places at once , I don't think he should be able to use both at once but I do think Freddy needs looked at in other ways to help him out like having class photo built in and tweaking a few things to make the dream world more threatening without taking skill out of the equation like having snares and pallets both would do

    A Freddy 3.0 would be great, but lets be honest, I don't think bhvr will rework Freddy again, so something like this its probably as good as its gonna get for him :(.

    I even gave feedback on what could be a cool rework, if you wanna take a look:

    @Okonar_ said:

    Freddy teleport/bait mechanic and sneaky presence is really well put together and imo should stay as it is to keep the core of his gameplay. On the other hand, the snares could be replaced for something more fun/effective to raise his skill ceilling a lit bit and make more rewarding to play. So heres my sugestion to the devs:

    • 1 - Replace the snares for an hability to pull the survivors with the blood, like a straight line "chain of blood" (like Deathslinger, but way shorter range ofc and not that fast, otherwise people can't react, something similar to Pudge hook in Dota 2). The main theme of being able to change the enviroment/his power while in dream opens a lot of variety that could potentially be explored and I think a chain of blood that pulls people would keep in theme with the character and make him more fun to play rather than just putting snares on the ground;
    • 2 - Keep an addon for the option to play snares (for the people who like Freddy the way he is atm) and keep the option for the pallet addon as well.

    I hope bhvr keep in mind this suggestion, ik this is not a priority since freddy is doing okay overall but I would love to see this change and think would make him way more enjoyable :3 take care guys ๐Ÿค™


  • @pocajohnny said:

    The million dollar question is actually, "Will the map design ever get addressed?"..

    Considering the past releases, I don't think so.

  • @TheArbiter said:

    Agreed Freddy is weak AF right now, he should get both, although maybe only give him like 3 dream pallets base

    Freddy is far from weak.

  • I disagree because I can have multiple snares but only one shock that I have to be in position to time correctly before a survivor is about to vault or drop a pallet to get use in chase , while with Freddy you could have a zone somewhat already there beforehand and the survivor get chased into it or also the ability to use it on the fly, but I'm not gonna say snares are super strong or anything because both of the killers are mid level on my tier list with Freddy being only slightly better because his teleport

  • I stand by what I said. He hasn't gotten any nerfs aside from the add-ons since his rework, I believe. A good Freddy can definitely hold his ground.

  • @Okonar_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3259545#Comment_3259545

    Both provides free hits if the survivor goes expecting to use the pallet and its fake, its same value. We could argue docs is better because he doesn't even have to waste his time to put them, it keeps spawning back. Or we could argue Freddys better because he can get some value before start breaking pallets. But thats besides the point, imo freddy would be fine having both snares and pallets, having only pallets feels like a meme build/powerless killer.

    The illusion pallet activates as the survivor approaches it, so they have a second or two to realize "oh, just keep holding W"

  • Honestly thought this would be the million dollar question.

    Screenshot (415).png


  • I mean freddy can teleport to gens. Doctor's pallets aren't as good they only cause mindgames where as freddies activelyslow the surv. Also something I've noticed, Doctor's fake pallet's auras do not show up on windows of opportunity. Freddy's ones do.

  • @pocajohnny said:

    The million dollar question is actually, "Will the map design ever get addressed?"..

    It already is, just not in a way you like. But i doubt it ever will be.

  • @FilthyLegionMain said:

    Honestly thought this would be the million dollar question.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/JR4Z39A94HD0/screenshot-28415-29.png

    ๐Ÿ˜‚ thats a good one

  • Did you see the stats devs have shown ? Freddy is 2nd place by kill rate in the game and in the middle for top 5% mmr.

  • @FreddyVoorhees said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3259583#Comment_3259583

    Did you see the stats devs have shown ? Freddy is 2nd place by kill rate in the game and in the middle for top 5% mmr.

    @Aceislife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3259583#Comment_3259583

    I stand by what I said. He hasn't gotten any nerfs aside from the add-ons since his rework, I believe. A good Freddy can definitely hold his ground.

    Freddy "4k" Krueger, must nerf

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3259565#Comment_3259565

    It already is, just not in a way you like. But i doubt it ever will be.

    Can't argue with that.