Bug, Hacker or Add-on?
I just played a game against a Legion where they hit me in Frenzy twice (hit me once and continued chasing me) and I went down. I checked their add-ons and they didn't have anything to suggest this was possible.
I thought if they hit you with Frenzy when you are injured you don't go down?
Comments
You don't.
It could be a bug if it only happened to you (unless they use cheats sparingly and subtly).
I don't think this has ever happened to me when versing a Legion.
If they put 4 survivors in deep wound (can be the same survivor if they mended) then the 5th hit can down someone.
Good to know. It only happened to me. I was playing with 3 friends and it didn't happen to them, I went out first so spectated and there weren't any other signs of cheating from the killer.
The cynic in me thought it might be a subtle cheat because the Legion was tunneling me from the start, so when it happened I thought they just wanted an easy game.
This is what I thought happened, so checked for the add-on but the killer only had the break a pallet when you vault it.
Hm...I feel it is much harder to detect cheating in Killers than survivors since he might not be using the cheats on you but use them at your teammates and vice-versa and hard to verify. It's full of paranoia, lol.
But survivors can notice their teammates as well as the killer when chasing.
That's not an add-on. That's a base kit change they made sometime back.
Edit: The 5th frenzy hit downing I mean.
Basekit
Did the Legion pop Frenzy on you and stab you twice in a row, or did they come after you after Frenzying a bunch of other survivors? In the first case, that's either a cheat or something kicked them out of their power (a flashlight blind will do it.) In the second case, if Legion chains 4 hits, the 5th is a down - this is incidentally why mending immediately after getting hit is a bad idea, because Legion can come back to you to continue the chain if they're close by.
It's a Frenzy basekit update, if you manage to chain four hits on survivors a fifth hit is an instadown.
No its apart of legions base kit after the rework. He can down on a 5th frenzy hit.
This must have been what happened, although I only remember him getting one other teammate who tried to bodyblock. Maybe my memory is a bit fuzzy, but it seemed like he hit me, continued the chase, my friend bodyblocked and then he continued after me.
Either way, good to know! Thanks for the info.
No problem! Given how prevalent hacking is in DbD I can understand the paranoia, it legitimately makes it difficult to discern the difference between legitimate bugs/glitches, ping, serverside problems and gameplay with actual hacking, cheating and exploits.