Feng Min's "cosplays"...

image.png

Okay, Feng getting another licensed character's new outfit once was funny, but at this point it's getting a little sad. We know she's a cash cow, BHVR, you don't gotta be so obvious about it.

I'm thrilled about getting Princess Heart for Cheryl, and her first outfit in two years is some good food for Silent Hill fans, but c'mon. Is this just how it's going to be now? Feng Min 'cosplays' every new female outfit that looks like it might sell well?

Comments

  • This content has been removed.
  • It's okay at least Feng hasn't figured out how to use the outfits true power

  • @LiveBritishReaction said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3253587#Comment_3253587

    I stand by the statement that the worst part about losing Stranger Things is that Nancy will never ever get a Robin legendary skin, but this is a close second.

    We will never give up hope.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3255267#Comment_3255267

    Cheryl is one of if not the most iconic character from Silent Hill. She doesn't need Feng to increase sales of this cosmetic for her. Giving Feng this cosmetic doesn't hinder the value of it to those who want it for Cheryl. Its just something extra for Feng that will appeal to Feng players who may or may not be Silent Hill fans. I think a lot of players will get Fengs Princess Heart cosplay outfit just because they like the way it looks. I hope they continue Feng's cosplay collection and expand it even further to perhaps killer cosplays too.

    Giving Feng cosplay just cheapens the original cosmetics. I want BHVR to be creative with some 'tegrity not milking a cash cow.

  • @Ripley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3255315#Comment_3255315

    Giving Feng cosplay just cheapens the original cosmetics. I want BHVR to be creative with some 'tegrity not milking a cash cow.

    I think its fine. Its a fun idea that a lot of Feng mains will enjoy. Also you can't blame a business for milking a cash cow when their goal is to make money.


  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3255911#Comment_3255911

    I think its fine. Its a fun idea that a lot of Feng mains will enjoy. Also you can't blame a business for milking a cash cow when their goal is to make money.

    You can blame a business for lowering its standards. But I'm sure the whales will keep it going. I will just play other games.

  • You ever see a skin on another character and be like "woah, I wish I had that for my character"

    Us feng enjoyers are just living that dream. People look at me differently on the street and I know its because they can feel my superiority as a feng player.

  • @Ripley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3255938#Comment_3255938

    You can blame a business for lowering its standards. But I'm sure the whales will keep it going. I will just play other games.

    Sounds like a bit of an overreaction to something that is not a big deal. I'm not really sure why you're this upset, especially to the extent you would quit the game over it. I don't see this as lowering standards by any means. We're talking about the same developers who have made community designed skins and offered them for free in the free version of the battle pass. They've made a lot of cosmetics you can unlock for free just by playing the game as well as all unlicensed characters. They didn't have to do all that. They could've made everything cost auric cells but they didn't. I think you're being too harsh about this. Feng is a popular character so it makes sense that their focus would gravitate towards her for ideas to further monetize off her popularity with the community.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3256146#Comment_3256146

    Sounds like a bit of an overreaction to something that is not a big deal. I'm not really sure why you're this upset, especially to the extent you would quit the game over it. I don't see this as lowering standards by any means. We're talking about the same developers who have made community designed skins and offered them for free in the free version of the battle pass. They've made a lot of cosmetics you can unlock for free just by playing the game as well as all unlicensed characters. They didn't have to do all that. They could've made everything cost auric cells but they didn't. I think you're being too harsh about this. Feng is a popular character so it makes sense that their focus would gravitate towards her for ideas to further monetize off her popularity with the community.

    Well it is a big deal for me, both Feng cosplay outfits look out of place in the game. That's my subjective opinion. It ruins my immersion. If I see Cheryl in it, okay I might feel have a little sick in my throat, but it's manageable. We have different standards. That's fine. For every one of me, there are probably 20 whales who will buy the skin on Feng.

  • @MeanieDeeny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/353533/feng-mins-cosplays

    Why does everyone care? If you don’t like it or want it, don’t buy it. Cheryl still got hers…Jill still got hers. One doesn’t take away from the other. I bought Jill’s and then also bought Feng’s cosplay of Jill. Like seriously, it’s not a big deal. And obviously despite the massive influx of Feng hatred, obviously enough people are buying her cosmetics for them to keep them coming consistently…

    "One doesn't take from the other".


    It actually does. Art department has so much resources at a time. For every number of hours spent on a Dwight or a Feng, a lesser character goes without.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3253716#Comment_3253716

    "One doesn't take from the other".

    It actually does. Art department has so much resources at a time. For every number of hours spent on a Dwight or a Feng, a lesser character goes without.

    I appreciate that you said “a Dwight or a Feng.”

  • I mean, I'm not gonna sit and pretend like we didn't just get toilet paper Dwight.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3256241#Comment_3256241

    I mean, I'm not gonna sit and pretend like we didn't just get toilet paper Dwight.

    Lol you know, I have to be honest though…I don’t even play Dwight and I was so tempted to get it 😅 but ultimately I decided not too 😂

  • @Ripley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3256219#Comment_3256219

    Well it is a big deal for me, both Feng cosplay outfits look out of place in the game. That's my subjective opinion. It ruins my immersion. If I see Cheryl in it, okay I might feel have a little sick in my throat, but it's manageable. We have different standards. That's fine. For every one of me, there are probably 20 whales who will buy the skin on Feng.

    The game can still be immersive while having cute skins like the Princess Heart one. We're talking about a game who's reality revolves around a cosmic space monster snatching people into a realm beyond their knowing. I don't think offering a cute skin now and then is going to ruin that. They also do annual holiday events that offer silly fun things to do like smashing pumpkins and walking around in snowman costumes.

    snowman dbd.jpg


  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3256241#Comment_3256241

    I mean, I'm not gonna sit and pretend like we didn't just get toilet paper Dwight.

    Don't forget PUBG Dwight. Man really got two entire outfits in one event.

  • Feng Min is one of if not the most iconic characters from Dead by Daylight. She doesn't need Cheryl to increase sales of this cosmetic for her.

  • If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's that simple.

1 2 ›