Put people that DC together, and mark their tag for everyone to see

I'm kinda getting fed up of losers rage quitting on my team for no reason at all and making the whole game pointless and punishing me for it.

So put them with other people that DC so they cant ruin our games only other like minded people who only ever care about themselves.

Would also be nice to mark them, if I know someone DCs alot I dont want to have them on my team or verse them I'd rather just lobby dodge.

Admittedly id rather them just get banned forever and stop playing the game but apparently it's too harsh even though they're just ruining it for everyone else and they clearly dont want to play online...

And no they arent just "busy" or need to "pee". Stop making excuses for the majority of DCs especially when the same users do it multiple times.

Comments

  • And no they arent just "busy" or need to "pee". Stop making excuses for the majority of DCs especially when the same users do it multiple times.

    But reallife stuff can still happen. Who decides how often is too often? Also internet connection issues outside of the control of the player.

    stop punishing those that already suffer from stuff like this just because the majority abuses DCs

  • @Mooks said:

    And no they arent just "busy" or need to "pee". Stop making excuses for the majority of DCs especially when the same users do it multiple times.

    But reallife stuff can still happen. Who decides how often is too often? Also internet connection issues outside of the control of the player.

    stop punishing those that already suffer from stuff like this just because the majority abuses DCs

    I'm not saying do it after one DC, but people that do DC often do it frequently and like many times a week.

    And being busy or bad wifi wouldn't trigger it if you're smart. if you're constantly busy and dont have time to play games dont load it up... and if you're having wifi issues dont keep going into games knowing that.

    If you know you're gonna be busy for multiple matches or lose connection for multiple matches you should hold off till you have time or fix your issues. You are aware of it and you dont get a free pass you're still actively ruining multiple games if you proceed.

  • If there was a reliable way to tell if someone presses the "leave match" button or if they DC otherwise, I would say: let's at least test it. They should have the DC penalty either way but adding a karma based tag similar to those who teamkill in GMod's TTT (there these are: "reputable"=best rating, then "crude", "trigger-happy" etc) would be a start.

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    If there was a reliable way to tell if someone presses the "leave match" button or if they DC otherwise, I would say: let's at least test it. They should have the DC penalty either way but adding a karma based tag similar to those who teamkill in GMod's TTT (there these are: "reputable"=best rating, then "crude", "trigger-happy" etc) would be a start.

    Well anything is a start, I honestly dont think the DCs bans are enough anymore especially when people realise they can DC once a day with not much impact as it gets knocked back daily

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3241407#Comment_3241407

    Well anything is a start, I honestly dont think the DCs bans are enough anymore especially when people realise they can DC once a day with not much impact as it gets knocked back daily

    So fast? I thought this took a week or so.

    That explains a LOT.

  • I like the idea of grouping based on DC rate, but I don’t think adding a user tag is necessary.

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3241463#Comment_3241463

    So fast? I thought this took a week or so.

    That explains a LOT.

    Well from my knowledge every passing day takes your ban timer down one mark.

    So let's say the ban times are 5m, 10m, 15m etc. If you DC you get a 5min ban and if you DC again youd get a 10min ban but if theres 24hrs between the 2 DCs the player will be hit with two 5min bans and not a 5m then 10m.

    This means its basically possible to DC each day and only get 5mins without it actually increasing. It's why ban timers are set on weeks usually to really punish those people who DC

  • I had a match yesterady where a Myers and Yui took my game hostage. I should not get some degrading label just because I didn't want to go AFK for 2 hours until the match auto-ended.

  • @Nos37 said:

    I had a match yesterady where a Myers and Yui took my game hostage. I should not get some degrading label just because I didn't want to go AFK for 2 hours until the match auto-ended.

    Ah yes let's use uncommon instances to hinder punishing players that do DC.

    Seriously dont act like that's common at all nor that a system that tracks consistent DCs wouldn't see that as a rare situation...

  • @Nos37 said:

    I had a match yesterady where a Myers and Yui took my game hostage. I should not get some degrading label just because I didn't want to go AFK for 2 hours until the match auto-ended.

    How did a survivor AND a killer hold you hostage?

  • Doesnt really matter, not like it's a common situation at all so it's just another silly defense to DC and probably one used to remove DC penalties all together.

  • You can't bleed out if the killer picks you up, you can't die if they never hook you, and you can't escape if the other survivor is there to watch instead of doing gens

  • @Nos37 said:

    You can't bleed out if the killer picks you up, you can't die if they never hook you, and you can't escape if the other survivor is there to watch instead of doing gens

    Even then you slowly die. It just takes longer than 4min.

    But this behavior suggests that maybe you did something wrong in their eyes (maybe hiding too much?). Or they wanted to farm and you didn't understand?

    What they did is not OK, but tbh your situation is so rare it never happened to me in over 5.4k hrs.

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3243194#Comment_3243194

    Even then you slowly die. It just takes longer than 4min.

    But this behavior suggests that maybe you did something wrong in their eyes (maybe hiding too much?). Or they wanted to farm and you didn't understand?

    What they did is not OK, but tbh your situation is so rare it never happened to me in over 5.4k hrs.

    well it happened to me with much less hours. The main reason is if killer wants to deny hatch at all costs and other survivor want to wait out you dying at all costs. Sure the game progresses, but it can take above 30mins (killer decides to do this from very first moment, not slugging you) if you actively try to make it as short as possible. Not a fan. Not a fun for me.

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3243621#Comment_3243621

    well it happened to me with much less hours. The main reason is if killer wants to deny hatch at all costs and other survivor want to wait out you dying at all costs. Sure the game progresses, but it can take above 30mins (killer decides to do this from very first moment, not slugging you) if you actively try to make it as short as possible. Not a fan. Not a fun for me.

    I wouldn't be a fan either. But I would just afk and maybe drink a tea or make some homework, watch YouTube etc.