Stealing and tunneling during the event

Not gonna lie, the mechanic that both sides can steal your energy is unfun on itself, but combining that with tunneling is just horrible. Got 12 Void Energy, got tunneled the whole game even tho people blocked the blight and died at the end. And out of 10 games, I had this kind of experience 7 times.

It just feels terrible to be the one who cannot enjoy the event, because the killer says so.

Comments

  • tunneling happens regardless, don't try to bring tunneling into this, but the stealing thing like-

    every single event that has a mechanic like this, has caused people to steal, that's sorta the point, more will spawn, you'll be fine

    genuinely don't know what you expect bhvr to do about that lol

  • @Pumpkinbros said:

    tunneling happens regardless, don't try to bring tunneling into this, but the stealing thing like-

    every single event that has a mechanic like this, has caused people to steal, that's sorta the point, more will spawn, you'll be fine

    genuinely don't know what you expect bhvr to do about that lol

    Horrible take. A very killer sided event as it's their job to down you and any decent killer will down you multiple times. So they only option is collect a few doing the gen, rush to a rift to deposit and then go back and so on. Stealing shouldn't be a thing.

  • @SailedSavage said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3227932#Comment_3227932

    Horrible take. A very killer sided event as it's their job to down you and any decent killer will down you multiple times. So they only option is collect a few doing the gen, rush to a rift to deposit and then go back and so on. Stealing shouldn't be a thing.

    i've had no issue collecting my stuff, and depositing it, you may have a bad game or two, but it's nothing worth changing, you get a killer that tunnels, and they'll tunnel no matter what

  • @Pumpkinbros said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3227936#Comment_3227936

    i've had no issue collecting my stuff, and depositing it, you may have a bad game or two, but it's nothing worth changing, you get a killer that tunnels, and they'll tunnel no matter what

    Well a majority of everyone else is complaining about it so you are alone in this bud. The point is that killers tunnel and it makes it unfun normally so why would they plan an event with mechanics that promote that playstyle.

  • @Pumpkinbros said:

    tunneling happens regardless, don't try to bring tunneling into this, but the stealing thing like-

    every single event that has a mechanic like this, has caused people to steal, that's sorta the point, more will spawn, you'll be fine

    genuinely don't know what you expect bhvr to do about that lol

    L Take

  • I'm sorry but I have to agree with everyone. This event is not fun. I understand killers need their stuff too for the event but today I have seen way more tunneling and camping and slugging than usual. Yes I know it's the norm but seems like today it's worse.

  • @LylakLavender said:

    I'm sorry but I have to agree with everyone. This event is not fun. I understand killers need their stuff too for the event but today I have seen way more tunneling and camping and slugging than usual. Yes I know it's the norm but seems like today it's worse.

    Isn't it always kind of like that on the 13th every month since grades just got reset? I'm just asking since I haven't logged in yet but I find that common in the first few days of a season and then it dies down.

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3227978#Comment_3227978

    Isn't it always kind of like that on the 13th every month since grades just got reset? I'm just asking since I haven't logged in yet but I find that common in the first few days of a season and then it dies down.

    Today is grade reset, but grade reset would have nothing to do with matchmaking anyways.

    Either way, Tunneling/Camping isn't really the issue with the event. It would be the stealing mechanic. For an event about trying to earn rewards on an individual bias, it's weird to add in a mechanic that allows you to steal progress from other players.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3227987#Comment_3227987

    Today is grade reset, but grade reset would have nothing to do with matchmaking anyways.

    Either way, Tunneling/Camping isn't really the issue with the event. It would be the stealing mechanic. For an event about trying to earn rewards on an individual bias, it's weird to add in a mechanic that allows you to steal progress from other players.

    Which makes me think BHVR loves toxicity. They need to remove the steal aspect.

  • The tunneling is definitely more than normal, which unfortunately is usual thing for an event. What makes it worse is that you lose progress in the event everytime you're downed so it's just adding unnecessary frustration to what should be a fun event.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3227987#Comment_3227987

    Today is grade reset, but grade reset would have nothing to do with matchmaking anyways.

    Either way, Tunneling/Camping isn't really the issue with the event. It would be the stealing mechanic. For an event about trying to earn rewards on an individual bias, it's weird to add in a mechanic that allows you to steal progress from other players.

    Okay, thanks, that makes sense. As I said, I haven't logged in yet so I don't know what the mechanics are. If you can actually steal progress as opposed to just 'They got it before I could' that would promote problematic behaviour.

  • Here's the thing this is just the Mask event all over again. I only got 3 Masks during it because of Tunneling Killers that target those who got a invite over those that didn't while on Killer side I never had time looking for invites before survivors rushed and ran out.

    Events like this will always have one side "ruining" the event for the other. Some past events never had this give and take system and everyone got all in the event but now it seems BHVR wants some kind of interaction between Survivors and Killers and not in the sense of helping each other out

  • @LylakLavender said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3227994#Comment_3227994

    Which makes me think BHVR loves toxicity. They need to remove the steal aspect.

    I am fairly certain they have basically called toxicity an important part of the online gaming experience. They may have not said toxicity specifically, but were indeed refering to toxic behavior.

  • Yeah, I'm not crazy about the stealing aspect, either. Events are supposed to be fun for the community and give us all a chance to earn free stuff. Being able to bully someone out of their free cosmetic kind of sucks.

    I've been able to bank my points in most of the matches I've played so far, but I did have one killer obsessively tunnel me after I'd already banked 30. He couldn't have been getting any extra energy from downing me, so I have no idea why.

  • >Being able to bully someone out of their free cosmetic kind of sucks.

    This makes playing killer atm even more fun

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    Here's the thing this is just the Mask event all over again. I only got 3 Masks during it because of Tunneling Killers that target those who got a invite over those that didn't while on Killer side I never had time looking for invites before survivors rushed and ran out.

    Events like this will always have one side "ruining" the event for the other. Some past events never had this give and take system and everyone got all in the event but now it seems BHVR wants some kind of interaction between Survivors and Killers and not in the sense of helping each other out

    I disagree past events did have issues like the first hallowed blight event. Survivors would beeline for the plants suck them dry or until their vial was full then look for the killer to su*cide on hook to move to the next game since they didn't need to do gens or escape to keep their vial.

  • So far this event survivors are being waaaay more toxic and trolling so killers literally can't get their energy :p