Don't say "wp" if you won decisively

Why do people do this? What's wrong with you? Get some help.

Comments

  • When I get a decisive win as killer I'll still try and find something the survivors did well and compliment them on it. Or not say gg, but commiserate a reason they lost, like if someone DC'd early, I'll tell them they did what they could, or that I'm sorry someone sabotaged the game for them.

    When my lobby gets a decisive win on a killer, I'll often check up on them rather than say gg. I'll chew out any person who BM, and tell the killer I hope they get a better match-up or map later. If they're open to talk, I'll tell them about one thing they did right, maybe they did a good mindgame at some point, or had good map pressure even if we prevailed. Or I just like their killer. It's generally well-received as a peace offering.

  • @Rovend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3218928#Comment_3218928

    If you need to adjust what to say is because you believe is wrong.

    At least for me, "GG WP" stands for "Good Game, Well Played" and if my english is not wrong this is not an insult.

    So If this is enough to offend someone, then the problem is not really on my end.

    It would be a nightmare if people were forced to do an internal mental analysis of whatever word they use to find hidden meanings to whatever person it might reach.

    That is indeed what the words mean, the issue is whether people are being genuine or mocking when saying it.

    ...which isn't even necessarily their fault. People internalize a lot from their matches in this game, and a lot of people either handle it poorly or get defensive when they really shouldn't. I've tried to be more mindful of it myself and started giving considerations if the opponent gets absolutely rolled: If they're a killer with no addons and maybe one perk, i'll make a comment about how rough matchmaking is, then offer the gg. If a survivor ragequits I'll say something like "sorry about the nea, that sucked. gg and gl on the next" or something along those lines.

    We all had that one kid that used to spit in their hand before lining up for gg handshakes on sports teams when we were young. It's understandable that people can be bitter when they get defensive and assume the worst, but it also doesn't take much to be mindful of it and prevent the misunderstanding. All that said, I also used to get upset when people threw gg's when it clearly wasn't one, but I've worked on that and encourage any others who feel that way to do the same.

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    Why do people do this? What's wrong with you? Get some help.

    Lol, I can tell you are upset OP.


    I find it funny when killers win, they rush to chat to say "gg"


    But when killers do not play well, silence in chat.

  • @Rovend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3218928#Comment_3218928

    If you need to adjust what to say is because you believe is wrong.

    At least for me, "GG WP" stands for "Good Game, Well Played" and if my english is not wrong this is not an insult.

    So If this is enough to offend someone, then the problem is not really on my end.

    It would be a nightmare if people were forced to do an internal mental analysis of whatever word they use to find hidden meanings to whatever person it might reach.

    Look at the post of FinestFantasyVI . It is very easy to know what to say and how , no mental analysis is needed at all. A proper example and a thread ender IMO.

  • @scorpio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3218677#Comment_3218677

    You understand you’re going off like this because someone told you you played well right?

    I go off about people posting 4 letters without intonation, body language and from my experience more often when the other sided ended up with less than 5 hooks/3 Ges done and less than 10k BP (aka not a good game in my opinion getting curb stombed), most probably feeling frustrated and feeling pittied or belittled by them and their ignorance of the situation and their self illusion that it will come across as anything else in such a case.

    I don't care about it when the loser says/initiates it (barely/never happens) or it truly was a close game for both sides.

  • @steezo_de said:

    I don't say ggwp if I win unless I'm rubbing it in. Maybe gg if they say it first or if I need to bounce out quick. And even then, I reserve saying it for truly good games where everyone made good plays and it went the length-- which isn't nearly as often as a bad game, in DBD.

    Besides, wp is for the loser to say. I can acknowledge a good game, but I'm not going to tell them they played well when they lost. This was something my coach taught me in junior high and it carried over to every game since.

    This man actually knows how gg wp works ^^^


    Typically even gg started out as a way for the loser to concede that the match was over and you played well. Saying gg before the loser when you won is pretty bad sportsmanship.

  • @oxygen said:

    I'm absolutely certain that the majority of the time if not the overwhelming majority of the time people basically just type GG without really giving it much thought. I know I've done so for ages, it has just been that thing you do after playing a multiplayer match with someone and I've experienced other games where not saying it makes people think you're a sore winner/loser.

    I have stopped in DBD though, I just say it if opponent(s) do it first. Not because I think there's a single thing wrong with gg or ggwp, but because I've had enough people hit me with the "actually... it was bg, here's 10 messages explaining why" for me to not really care anymore.

    Yep I'm one of those. They go "GG WP!!!" after 3+ escape and I go "Yeah, it was very fun playing on Garden of Joy against sweat with friends blasting out gens and holding W from a mile away making callouts and just running to the infinites at the main building where the CoH is. Real great game"

  • This is giving off sore loser energy.

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3218415#Comment_3218415

    At least that is honest. Saying WP when you crushed them just comes across as mocking.

    Depends on what kind of killer they were. If they played fairly then I take it as a compliment cause whilst they won I may have given them a challenge.


    Are we really so used to toxicity that we assume any contact is inherently negative?

  • Yeah saying wp after you won easy is patronizing.

  • @Tostapane said:

    well, at least it's better than the classic gg ez/git gud, don't you think?

    For sure. Especially when you stomp a team as killer and they say GGEZ to you, but that's at least good for a laugh.

    Sometimes you get matched up against a much less experienced team/killer and they did the best they could.

    But in a lot of cases it just seems mocking/condescending.

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3218415#Comment_3218415

    At least that is honest. Saying WP when you crushed them just comes across as mocking.

    That's a "you" problem if you perceive it like that.

    I say "well played" to my opponents because:

    1) it's polite

    2) it's respectful

    3) it's proper etiquette

    4) it's not because one side has won, even harshly, that the other side played bad. It's not like if this game was balanced and snowballing wasn't a thing.

  • gg to everyone and wp to me only.

  • @Rovend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3218891#Comment_3218891

    People need to be tolerant or mature enough to take a "gg wp" for what it is and dont overthink an ulterior evil mastermind motive behind it.

    And if you truly cannot muster any tolerance at all, then for your own mental sanity you should avoid reading the endgame chat

    Great comment!

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3218487#Comment_3218487

    I speak from experience. During the last anniversary i came back from a long break and had one of those cases and tried to say exactly that "sorry for the horrible matchmaking ...etc" and half my message was censored and looked like an insult or swearing -.-

    LOL this exactly happened to me before, I was legit trying to compliment the person and it kept censoring words making it seem like I was insulting and I eventually just gave up ><

1 2 3 ›