Idea for helping the "mending simulator" of deep wounds atm
It's kind of a no brainer really, why don't healing perks affect mending speeds? I feel it would help the mending simulator issue Legion has for example, and also not make you feel like you brought healing perks for nothing. Maybe only apply it to when healing others, but I don't see why it couldn't apply to yourself.
Just a random thought, what do you guys think?
Comments
It nerfs legion, which is obviously unnecessary.
The whole "mending simulator" thing is vastly overblown anyway. You'd think after a couple times folks would learn to simply leave and play away from their teammates. But why change your gameplay when you can have your mistakes catered to, right?
Why don't healing perks affect mend speeds?
Gideon offering + Filthy Blade + Coulrophobia + Distressing = Enjoy having your game held hostage.
It nerfs a specific playstyle of legion which benefits neither side, where they keep going for 4 hit and not downing anyone, while no one can do generators more than anything. I never said anything about them being strong anyways, just a common complaint about facing them.
I don't feel healing speed reductions need apply since there are addons for it already, maybe instead they could add a perk which makes mending faster, or allow medkits to be consumed to rid of it faster since syringe can interact with it as it is.
Absolutely not. The whole “mending simulator” thing is extremely exaggerated. Most of it is survivors not playing against legion properly which is entirely their fault. Just split up.
This would also affect legion far more than any other killer which is not a good thing. Not only would their mending slowdown be significantly reduced by survivor perks, they could also bring stuff like coulrophobia for it and double mending times. I don’t think anyone wants that.
I believe it's a bad idea. That would mean mending would have to count as healing. This existed in the past for Doctor's "snap out of it" and it mostly worked fine, but would be hell in today's meta.
If mending counted as healing:
Yeah I feel Circle is maybe the main reason it shouldn't work, but perhaps mending time perks could be the solution instead. on the topic of Doctors snap out of it, it's got some good synergy with deep wounds, not that he can proc it outside of endurance perks.
It's not over exaggerated by the slightest, it's commonly said. Gaslight forums as per, just because it's not fun to deal with doesn't mean it's strong at all by any means, that isn't the point.
Maybe it's time to make some mending time perks, or even an item that can deal with it.
A mending time perk for survivors... it could kinda work, but it would be too gimmicky. It would be good against Legion, somewhat against Deathslinger and make little to no difference against every other killer. It would be like Calm Spirit, which works well against Doctor but is terrible against any other one. The solution would be having the mending thing as a secondary effect, but if the primary effect was too good, it would end up indirectly nerfing Legion, which wouldn't be a good thing.
At this point give Legion a different effect. I can't even play as him without people disconnecting or using the ddos steam exploit.
It's the main reason I want a change so I can enjoy them as my favourite skins are on them, HUNK and Robbie
Same exact situation I'm in rn.
Hey, if people DC, they lose more than you do. No, just because a survivor DCed doesn't obligate me as a killer to stop playing the game and let you all win. You can get salty as you want in end game chat, I don't care. So, a DC isn't hurting me, it's HELPING ME. Maybe I'll get a few K less XP, but you're still making the game overall easier for me.
That's why I think that those who said above that people just don't know how and don't want to learn how to play against Legion just get salty every time the killer is Legion. That doesn't mean Legion needs a rework it means survivors need to stop getting salty and disconnecting every time the game doesn't go their way.
That, or killers just need to start following The Survivor Rule Book for Killers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QNPG7ApmBoIt's literally called the feedback forum lol
The while point of mending is to waste your time. It is doing what it is meant to do.
Yeah I agree with the others, it's kind of a bad idea
Although I personally wouldn't mind self care to give 15% faster mending speed, even if it's the most used perk rn