Does devotion actually so anything.

So I just hit level 100 for the first time (yay) and it says i have devotion 1 now. But i don't seem to have anything else. Is the only reward a little green number that noone will ever see?

Comments

  • Devotion/player level increasing rewards the player with iridescent shards for each level. These shards can be used to purchase characters, perks, bloodpoints, or (my favorite) cosmetics.

    I would also argue that Devotion is prestigious. When I say my Devotion is 17, people who care about the game will say that’s really high. Then I look at Otz and his Devotion 29 and just gawk.

  • it's just another counter of how much you played the game.

    imo it should give you either exclusive cosmetics or more BP or something

  • Leveling up grants Iri Shards

    Devotion resets the level.

    It's just a mechanic so you can keep gaining Iri Shards.

  • Devotion 28 level 57 here and I see no difference.

  • @kizuati said:

    it's just another counter of how much you played the game.

    imo it should give you either exclusive cosmetics or more BP or something

    image.png

    waiting for the day where this actually stops being such a useless number :pensive:

  • It's a number that determines how much of your life you've wasted on DBD lol that's about the extent of it , sadly mines getting close to 50 now I'm kinda just waiting for something new at this point but I'll be honest though BHVR does have a new game coming out next year (I think) that seems great I'm looking forward to it.

  • @HoodedWildKard said:

    So I just hit level 100 for the first time (yay) and it says i have devotion 1 now. But i don't seem to have anything else. Is the only reward a little green number that noone will ever see?

    It rewards you by making you get less shards lmao.

  • Imagine if they used devotion for matchmaking.

  • No.

    And it has been a common complaint by the community that it does nothing for a long time now, so maybe something will change about it in approximately 5 years.

  • Would be nice if you got something extra. Like extra BP or extra Iri shards everytime you reach level 100.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    Devotion/player level increasing rewards the player with iridescent shards for each level. These shards can be used to purchase characters, perks, bloodpoints, or (my favorite) cosmetics.

    I would also argue that Devotion is prestigious. When I say my Devotion is 17, people who care about the game will say that’s really high. Then I look at Otz and his Devotion 29 and just gawk.

    Look at Zeb89. He has Devotion 42 😅.

    I have Devotion 9 btw. 😅

  • The only thing it does is reminding us how much time we wasted on this game :D

    Never seen such a merit like this with no rewards/benefits/brag rights whatsoever, in any game.

  • Cool. Seems kinda dumb lol. I mean other players can't even see it 🤣 we should definitely get like some kind of reqard, exclusive cosmetics would be good. Or a money shot of iridescent shards/ auric cells. I mean it took me 8 days of solid playtime to earn it. BHVR could give us like 1000 auric for that kind of dedication. Or devotion rather lol