Out of all the licenses there are for Books, Movies and Video games
Which horror IP for each catagory is the top most important one dbd is yet to acqurie in your opinion?
Which horror IP for each catagory is the top most important one dbd is yet to acqurie in your opinion?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Movies: Jason but with copyright stuff impeding that, Chucky.
Books: It, though personally I'd prefer a Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark costume pack and original killer.
Indie Games: Slender
Normal Games: Fatal Frame
Books: Dracula, I'd say. Some sort of vampire, at least. Not a book but my vote is still for Part 1 Dio.
Movies: Friday the 13th
Video Games: Dead Space.
I'm surprised they don't have Slender he's really popular. Chucky is one of the big horror Icons I'd be expected to add, especially since they just had a new movie/series come out on him, he's still active.
I only have one request and that's Telltale's The Walking Dead. There's no reason we shouldn't have Lee or Kenny.
Bro those books scared the absolute ######### out of me when I was younger. Could any of the many villains work as a killer? I remember a few of the villains but not all of them.
The lawsuit has been over for a while now, there's talk about a new reboot friday movie coming out in 2023.
Can't say I know much about books that would fit, so I'll skip that.
Movie: Friday the 13th, easily, followed by Aliens. The former for having the last "big" classic slasher, and the latter because it would be groundbreaking for DbD in a lot of ways.
Video Games: Outlast, Clock Tower, The Evil Within. Maybe even Amnesia.
Books: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Movies: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Games: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Hogwarts will be the most hated map of all time and I'm here for it.
Movie: Little Shop of Horrors.
Game: Bioshock. I've always dreamt of a Bouncer Big Daddy skin for Billy and splicer outfits for survivors.
I can't think any books.
i don't think there are any left that are as interesting/known as the ones we have already.
however i seen some people suggest the evil within chapter and honestly that would be cool
ruvik as a killer and sebastian as a survivor with a map from the game would make for a pretty cool chapter.
Harold was always my favorite but I don't really know tbh. As originals, I'm sure they could come up with something for one of them but costumes might actually be a bit harder thinking on it more. I don't remember most of the individual villains having powers or anything and instead it was always left more to the imagination.
That's neat. I haven't really been following it so I thought it was still in the ending process. Jason would be my pick then.
The IP I would love to see is The Warriors. I want Warrior outfits for the survivors, Baseball Furies costumes for Trickster and Doctor, and outfits for all the other gangs too. This would be a SWFers dream come true. Can you dig it?
For BHVR, I'd say important ones would be:
Movie: Alien - that is not only a huge movie franchise that could bring in a lot of money, but also opens up the way for more scenarios, killer designs and so on.
Book: Any Stephen King novel. He is probably the greatest horror writer of all time, so having his work would be a huge win for BHVR
TV show: Stranger Things is the big one they've gotten, but for a historic look at TV horror The X-Files offers a lot in terms of popular culture.
Big Game Franchise: A difficult one, but I'll go for Outlast currently. Despite older, more established horror titles, this has a new game coming out in future, represents a more brutal and visceral take on horror, and not short on killers.
Indie Franchise: Anything related to The SCP Foundation. Again, plenty of killer opportunities, and with the anomalous properties they have, there could be some fun ideas.
Podcasts: The Magnus Archives. Probably the best horror podcast out there, and although it's finished it has so much potential for creativity, and writer Jonathan Sims is currently starting to get his teeth into video games (Slay The Princess), and this would add a darker corner to DBD.
Movies: Friday the 13th obviously though I think Alien is up there too
Books: One of Stephen Kings books definitely, I would say IT fits best
Games: For me, Until Dawn seems like the next obvious pick
Nonereally. AoT was the only series I wanted representation for, so I can die happy.
I suppose I'd love to see a Shinichi skin from Parasyte and a Danganronpa collection. Id love to see somebody wearing Junkos outfit
Movie: Jason, obviously. Xenomorph and Chucky are another two. Chucky will always be an issue for any game, because it's hard to balance a 3 foot doll. Candyman is also very iconic to horror. Even if "IT'S CANDYMAN" is a bit of a DBD meme at this point for "who is the next licensed killer?"
Book: Dracula, Frankenstein (both public domain by now, so, may not count for the question)
Games: I genuinely don't know. I guess Dead space or FNAF. I'd hate either though. But I don't think this is specifically about what I want
Movies: John Carpenter's The Thing
Books: I'd love to see a Stephen King chapter, including maybe It, The Shining, or Carrie
Video Games: I can't think of any video games I've played that would fit DbD. (Although I'm sure a Binding of Isaac chapter would be... unusual.)
TV shows: Supernatural
Comic Books: Scarecrow from DC Comics as a killer