Huntress Players, have you ever thrown a hatchet at one of the birds?
If so, what happened? Does it phase though? Do they fly away before it hits? Does it hit them and they just fly off?
If so, what happened? Does it phase though? Do they fly away before it hits? Does it hit them and they just fly off?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I shoot them with Deathslinger all the time, but all birds in 24m fly after you shoot your gun.
I'll have to check sometime to see if the hatchet goes through them
Sadly the hatchet goes through the bird ๐ฆ
Well that's kinda lame. I'm not saying I want to see birds get sliced and diced, but there should be some reaction.
It goes through the bird but at least mine flew away. I tried trapping them as well once but they just chill in the trap :c
Artist should appear and start chasing you down for trying to harm a crow.
Depends on the birds.
Crows have no collision, so the Hatchet goes through them harmlessly, like they're some kind of spooky ghost.
Vultures have collision, and the Hatchet can hit them. As with the crows though, the vulture is left unharmed.
Fun fact, while not a bird, the hanging dead cow in the old version of Coldwind's Farm Cow Tree had collision and some wonky physics, so you could hit it and get it to spin around or freak out and fly all over the place (although it stayed still attached to the tree).
I've tried hitting the flying vulture on Dead Dawg. It actually has collision as my hatchet exploded on impact.
I'd be down with that. ๐
When you hit the vulture, does it even react? Make a sound? Move?
And oh yeahhhhh, I think I remember seeing a video about that a long time ago ๐ I forgot about that!
Same ๐
in the olden days, you could throw a hatchet at the cows on cow tree, and it would spin around all crazy becuase old coldwind. RIP my favorite maps lol
Nope, the vultures in DbD are built different.
A fully charged Hatchet doesn't elicit any reaction at all.
If only it wasโฆ
New Survivor Perk:
Vulture Cajones
You're immune to all projectiles. When a Killer lands a successful projectile attack, you maintain your health state and give them a "#########, please" look.
"Oooh that one reallllllly hurt. Pwease don't do that again, Mr. Killer."
-Dwight Fairfield
lol imagine if Artist had the ability to summon the crows to dive bomb and attack you
Pecks the killer in the face, obstructing their view for like 10 seconds, lol
That would be hilarious lol ๐
The Entity always keeps score . . .