3 slugfests today.

I've had the misfortune of playing 2 Nurses and a Bubba today that just slugged, then moved around for the death timers when everyone was down.


I suddenly cannot wait for the update to stop that from being a thing. Even as a killer main.

Comments

  • They're getting out of their systems while they still can unfortunately

  • @Seraphor said:

    Climb down from your towers of glee for one moment survivor mains and consider the reality of these changes.

    Basekit Unbreakable is not being implemented to "prevent slugging for the 4K", it is being proposed purely because the new Mori changes for the Last Standing mechanic would be broken without it.

    It in fact only promotes slugging for the 4K, because of the Mori changes.

    Killers are now encouraged to activate the Last Standing Mori, either as a way to end the game easily, or to secure their BP bonus from using offerings.

    The result of this is that the most efficient and likely only way to secure the Mori is to:

    1. Tunnel out two survivors.
    2. Slug the remaining two survivors in relay until they manage to get them both on the ground at the same time.

    You will still be unable to repair all the gens with just two survivors and one perpetually slugged.

    You will be stuck on the ground for even longer, unless you give up and refuse to pick yourself up off the ground. Because every time you get up you're pausing your bleedout timer, and the killer knows exactly where you are because they downed you, and you recovered instead of crawling, so they come right back and smack you down again. You will be stuck in this whack-a-mole game for much longer than 4 minutes.

    Mori offerings will now be even more toxic, because if you see a killer has one, you know they're going to slug for the 4K. So whenever survivors load into a game with a hidden fifth offering, you know they're just going to DC or let themselves die right away.

    Not only will it still be a thing, it will be more common.

    Sure you'll get to lose quicker, but you'll get to lose more.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    They're getting out of their systems while they still can unfortunately

    Yet another downside to this short-sighted proposal. Not only will games be more sweaty and more toxic after the changes go through, but we'll have even more 4-man slugging up until they do go through because of the false expectations that come with it.

    It's like a self-fulfilling prophecy. It's only a problem because they said it's a problem and presented a solution to said problem.

  • @Thunderfrog said:

    I've had the misfortune of playing 2 Nurses and a Bubba today that just slugged, then ######### around for the death timers when everyone was down.

    I suddenly cannot wait for the update to stop that from being a thing. Even as a killer main.

    I have a feeling after a announced change people just start doing stuff for spite. For instance when the bt basekit was announced i got a tunneler every other game. While before it i rarely got them. Same thing with slugging.

  • They're doing it while they can, their reign of terror will be over soon 😈

  • They're just making sure the devs stats definitely show basekit anti-slugging is needed.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/348083/basekit-unbreakable-is-a-cursed-wish

    Not only will it still be a thing, it will be more common.

    Sure you'll get to lose quicker, but you'll get to lose more.

    Fine be me. On to the next!

  • I had the weirdest match this am. I went up against a SWF of 3. I’m learning nurse (I suck at her). These 3 jokers send us to the game and all have no mither, boil over, flip flop and breakdown.


    I get all three of them in the engine room downstairs but I physically cannot get them to a hook despite basement being right there. I slug them all and play wack a mole till one dies. Then I’m able to get one to a hook.

    Seemed like they were totally memeing. . . But I’m not sure what to make of it.

  • You can wait quite a bit.

    1. It's not even part of the next update
    2. waaaay after that might be tested on PTB
    3. You don't even know if this will be the same if and when it goes live. (My guess is, that the current idea will be changed by then)
  • The anti slug they are adding I think is because they want the kill data to be more accurate as well as preventing over slugging

    I am pretty sure bleed out doesn't count for the kill % data

    We will see a lot of slugging for a few months

  • @NITRAS42 said:

    I had the weirdest match this am. I went up against a SWF of 3. I’m learning nurse (I suck at her). These 3 jokers send us to the game and all have no mither, boil over, flip flop and breakdown.

    I get all three of them in the engine room downstairs but I physically cannot get them to a hook despite basement being right there. I slug them all and play wack a mole till one dies. Then I’m able to get one to a hook.

    Seemed like they were totally memeing. . . But I’m not sure what to make of it.

    The preschool basement is the best place for that build, burn a bloodied blueprint to spawn basement in shack so the school basement is empty and they have to go all the way up and out the door to a hook, have like one or two breakouts, or sabo toolboxes and it's gonna be hell for about any killer except pyramid head because his cages counter that gameplay

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    They're getting out of their systems while they still can unfortunately

    It does kind of feel like that today. Normally Saturdays are pretty chill but most games today are camp, tunnel, slug. I'm playing map offerings a lot to offset that.

  • Hey man I'm with you, I'm a killer main and not only should they add Unbreakable basekit, but the game would be much more healthy if they added 5 second DS basekit every hook. We could also add Circle of Healing basekit too so survivors in solo can always heal

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/348083/basekit-unbreakable-is-a-cursed-wish

    Not only will it still be a thing, it will be more common.

    Sure you'll get to lose quicker, but you'll get to lose more.

    This is true. Snowballing slugs as quickly as possible will become a strategy in its own right, far more than it already is.

    An infinite T3 Myers, a terror radius addon or two, Infectious, and some aura reading perks. Stuff like that might even become the new meta against genrushers now that Hyperfocus is a thing. Sick of having one gen pop before I even make it all the way across the map and then two more just as I get my first down. If games are only going to be two minutes, anyway, might as well aim for four slugs in forty seconds.

  • It's not guaranteed to even go live, and if it does it'll probably receive a major overhaul with it's current numbers as well as feedback on the Mori system.

    Killers that do well at slugging and snow balling like Oni and Nurse will just become way more powerful, and characters that need to slug to build pressure from time to time like Hag, Twins, etc will struggle.

  • Wait until you encounter the slug camping Knockout Ghostface.

    I don't think there is anything in the game more miserable to play against.

    I just hope that Twins get some changes and the remaining 'you can't pick me up' spots are fixed, because those are going to get abused.

  • Nurses are probably doing it for the tome. They only have a few more days before the rift closes and that challenge leads to a lot of points.

  • @NITRAS42 said:

    I had the weirdest match this am. I went up against a SWF of 3. I’m learning nurse (I suck at her). These 3 jokers send us to the game and all have no mither, boil over, flip flop and breakdown.

    I get all three of them in the engine room downstairs but I physically cannot get them to a hook despite basement being right there. I slug them all and play wack a mole till one dies. Then I’m able to get one to a hook.

    Seemed like they were totally memeing. . . But I’m not sure what to make of it.

    Get ready to see more of that happening