Hey! Let's Nerf the Nurse.

Make her 2nd and 3rd blinks special attacks.

K, thanks, bye.

Comments

  • And let’s buff Claudette.

  • Third blink add-on shouldn’t exist at all. Make the achievement be 2 blinks into a grab. Then rework range add-ons completely, and all issues are fixed. Basekit is perfectly fine.

  • Burn her in a fire instead, that will remove all her issues. Then people can play Spirit, a killer that I never face (sadly).

  • It’s bad design regardless.

  • Make all her blinks special attacks. Having her able to use Exposed perks is a problem, and it's a problem when she does it on her first blink too.

  • @jesterkind said:

    Make all her blinks special attacks. Having her able to use Exposed perks is a problem, and it's a problem when she does it on her first blink too.

    The only maps Starstruck is an issue on are maps that need reworks for being too small anyways (as well as multiple other reasons).

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3192131#Comment_3192131

    The only maps Starstruck is an issue on are maps that need reworks for being too small anyways (as well as multiple other reasons).

    Okay, but what about all the other Exposed perks...?

    Being able to instadown through walls, sometimes with aura reading that prevents even attempted mindgames, is too much. The Nurse has the strongest basekit in the game, she doesn't need instadowns on top of it, that's just unbalanced.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3192131#Comment_3192131

    The only maps Starstruck is an issue on are maps that need reworks for being too small anyways (as well as multiple other reasons).

    So you want all maps to be huge, flat, mostly single-story and boring?

  • @Spirit_IsTheBest said:

    Burn her in a fire instead, that will remove all her issues. Then people can play Spirit, a killer that I never face (sadly).

    I’m on a break from DBD right now but I’d still love to see Spirit more played.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3192135#Comment_3192135

    Okay, but what about all the other Exposed perks...?

    Being able to instadown through walls, sometimes with aura reading that prevents even attempted mindgames, is too much. The Nurse has the strongest basekit in the game, she doesn't need instadowns on top of it, that's just unbalanced.

    Dragon’s Grip - Giant cooldown, effect lasts only 30s, requires being paired with something like Call of Brine/Overcharge/etc to do meaningful damage in the 30s (since base regression is -0.25 c/s = 7.5s of damage).

    Make Your Choice - Scream is pretty much irrelevant because the unhook will give a notification regardless (beyond the sound of the scream I guess). Cooldown + requires exiting range = Injured survivor can unhook after she leaves.

    Devour Hope - Is a hex, can be killed at 0 tokens

    Haunted - One-time use unless paired with Undying, does not give locations of anyone except the breaker in of itself unless paired with Retribution, doing said multi-Hex combos = gambling away multiple perk slots on non-regression

    NOED - Gimmick as always, can be hidden out/killed after it spawns/ignored and left/etc. Getting better value requires either location perks or something like NWO/Blood Warden, which is gambling away perk slots for end build. Totems spawn under specific rules and potential locations, and survivors can remember totems they see before endgame. Kinda bad design, could use a rework.

    Rancor - Only affects obsession, gives early notice to said obsession, and the final reveal can be hidden from. Kind of an awfully designed perk despite how gimmicky it is because you can literally AFK till endgame and then instadown and Mori them, should be reworked.

    I wish Calm Spirit wasn’t such utter garbage, cause then maybe it would be more relevant against stuff like Infectious Fright. On the other hand, Distortion is quite solid post-buff now and I’ve been able to pretty consistently dodge every single, or nearly every single aura read for the entire game.

    @ByeByeQ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3192135#Comment_3192135

    So you want all maps to be huge, flat, mostly single-story and boring?

    In common law systems that rely on testimony by witnesses, a leading question is a question that suggests the particular answer contains the information the examiner is looking to have confirmed.[1] Their use in court to elicit testimony is restricted in order to reduce the ability of the examiner to direct or influence the evidence presented.

    Actually, I don’t. I think moderate size maps are fine, and flatness/single-story isn’t necessary. You can have interesting multi-story parts of the map even without making an entire map multi-story. And boring is a pretty subjective standard.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3192141#Comment_3192141

    Dragon’s Grip - Giant cooldown, effect lasts only 30s, requires being paired with something like Call of Brine/Overcharge/etc to do meaningful damage in the 30s (since base regression is -0.25 c/s = 7.5s of damage).

    Make Your Choice - Scream is pretty much irrelevant because the unhook will give a notification regardless (beyond the sound of the scream I guess). Cooldown + requires exiting range = Injured survivor can unhook after she leaves.

    Devour Hope - Is a hex, can be killed at 0 tokens

    Haunted - One-time use unless paired with Undying, does not give locations of anyone except the breaker in of itself unless paired with Retribution, doing said multi-Hex combos = gambling away multiple perk slots on non-regression

    NOED - Gimmick as always, can be hidden out/killed after it spawns/ignored and left/etc. Getting better value requires either location perks or something like NWO/Blood Warden, which is gambling away perk slots for end build. Totems spawn under specific rules and potential locations, and survivors can remember totems they see before endgame. Kinda bad design, could use a rework.

    Rancor - Only affects obsession, gives early notice to said obsession, and the final reveal can be hidden from. Kind of an awfully designed perk despite how gimmicky it is because you can literally AFK till endgame and then instadown and Mori them, should be reworked.

    I wish Calm Spirit wasn’t such utter garbage, cause then maybe it would be more relevant against stuff like Infectious Fright. On the other hand, Distortion is quite solid post-buff now and I’ve been able to pretty consistently dodge every single, or nearly every single aura read for the entire game.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3192145#Comment_3192145

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leading_question

    Actually, I don’t. I think moderate size maps are fine, and flatness/single-story isn’t necessary. You can have interesting multi-story parts of the map even without making an entire map multi-story. And boring is a pretty subjective standard.

    Unless you're going to tell me that the Nurse isn't able to make uniquely effective use of these perks, listing their counterplay against any other killer doesn't really change much?

    Like, we all know that the Nurse is overwhelmingly the strongest killer, so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here. Could you elaborate?

  • None of nurse's addons should just make her flat out stronger with no cost. That's stupid on the strongest killer in the game. She needs a full addon pass, sort of like spirit's green add-ons -more fun and funny addons and NO ADDON that just makes her even stronger with no downside. She will never ever be balanced even at basekit until they rework her (or remove her) but that's the best I can think of.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3192169#Comment_3192169

    Unless you're going to tell me that the Nurse isn't able to make uniquely effective use of these perks, listing their counterplay against any other killer doesn't really change much?

    Like, we all know that the Nurse is overwhelmingly the strongest killer, so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here. Could you elaborate?

    Each Exposed perk has its own unique counterplay/avoidance method. Nurse has her own counterplay method. When it comes to Exposed perks on Nurse, players have both options they can go about it with. They can either counterplay the Exposed perk itself, Nurse, or both.

    If you expect to be going against killers that synergize well with aura perks (eg, if that’s been the trend of your games), Distortion is a great pick for almost completely shutting that option down. Other than that, bad map design is its own issue.

  • Not really. Last time I played against 3 blink nurse was probably 3 months ago. But it still shouldn't be a thing even with the severe penalty it has.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3192179#Comment_3192179

    Each Exposed perk has its own unique counterplay/avoidance method. Nurse has her own counterplay method. When it comes to Exposed perks on Nurse, players have both options they can go about it with. They can either counterplay the Exposed perk itself, Nurse, or both.

    If you expect to be going against killers that synergize well with aura perks (eg, if that’s been the trend of your games), Distortion is a great pick for almost completely shutting that option down. Other than that, bad map design is its own issue.

    It really seems like your takeaway here is that the Nurse is fine, though, and that's pretty clearly not the case.

    Again, there's no counterplay for a killer that can instadown you through walls with aura reading. If the Nurse doesn't have those, great, there's counterplay- assuming that she also doesn't have addons that change the timings for things like recharge and fatigue, anyway. If she does have the former, though, you go down or she misplays, there's no actual counterplay.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3192181#Comment_3192181

    It really seems like your takeaway here is that the Nurse is fine, though, and that's pretty clearly not the case.

    Again, there's no counterplay for a killer that can instadown you through walls with aura reading. If the Nurse doesn't have those, great, there's counterplay- assuming that she also doesn't have addons that change the timings for things like recharge and fatigue, anyway. If she does have the former, though, you go down or she misplays, there's no actual counterplay.

    Dude. Distortion. It's in the text block you quoted.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3192181#Comment_3192181

    It really seems like your takeaway here is that the Nurse is fine, though, and that's pretty clearly not the case.

    Again, there's no counterplay for a killer that can instadown you through walls with aura reading. If the Nurse doesn't have those, great, there's counterplay- assuming that she also doesn't have addons that change the timings for things like recharge and fatigue, anyway. If she does have the former, though, you go down or she misplays, there's no actual counterplay.

    If you are going against killers using aura perks frequently, Distortion is a very good pick after its buffs. Nurse is just one of the killers that synergize well with aura-reading.

    Fatigue add-ons are pretty negligible in all seriousness in actual impact. Recharge add-ons are strong but balanced, and can be learned around, because every blink will have a consistent recharge timer. If the Nurse just used both blinks and she has both blinks 0.5s after two blinks into a hit, that means she has double recharge. So on and so forth.

    I would be interested in seeing evidence that indicates Exposed + aura perk combos on her results in her overperforming when matched against players of equal skill level on an even-sided map.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3192198#Comment_3192198

    If you are going against killers using aura perks frequently, Distortion is a very good pick after its buffs. Nurse is just one of the killers that synergize well with aura-reading.

    Fatigue add-ons are pretty negligible in all seriousness in actual impact. Recharge add-ons are strong but balanced, and can be learned around, because every blink will have a consistent recharge timer. If the Nurse just used both blinks and she has both blinks 0.5s after two blinks into a hit, that means she has double recharge. So on and so forth.

    I would be interested in seeing evidence that indicates Exposed + aura perk combos on her results in her overperforming when matched against players of equal skill level on an even-sided map.

    Something doesn't become balanced because of one perk you could bring if you think you might see it. I'm not going against killers using aura perks frequently, but if I were, I wouldn't have a problem with it, because even the killers who use aura reading the most effectively can't hold a candle to the highest potential of the Nurse.

    This isn't a "mad because bad" situation, guys, I happen to think this is unbalanced even though I don't face it that often. That's kind of a lose/lose argument for you, because either it's happening so often that it's forcing you to equip a specific perk all the time, or it doesn't happen that much and so safeguarding against it with basekit changes won't affect that many people.

  • @GannTM said:

    And let’s buff Claudette.

    YAS!


    She should be able to teleport from bush to bush and summon roots from the ground that hinders the killer and survivors who sandbag or unhook her in the killers face!!!!!!!!!!!

    In return, Spirit Onee-san can get a new higher polygon model that has a figure closer to her Hooked on You counterpart. She will also receive 20 new cosmetic sets.

  • How about you just get better is not hard

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3192205#Comment_3192205

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3192206#Comment_3192206

    Something doesn't become balanced because of one perk you could bring if you think you might see it. I'm not going against killers using aura perks frequently, but if I were, I wouldn't have a problem with it, because even the killers who use aura reading the most effectively can't hold a candle to the highest potential of the Nurse.

    This isn't a "mad because bad" situation, guys, I happen to think this is unbalanced even though I don't face it that often. That's kind of a lose/lose argument for you, because either it's happening so often that it's forcing you to equip a specific perk all the time, or it doesn't happen that much and so safeguarding against it with basekit changes won't affect that many people.

    If you only 'might see it' then it's clearly not the overblown threat it's made out to be. There exists a meta, if Nurse aura reading is SO overpowered, use distortion. It's a fantastic perk. Nurse triggers aura perks the same way every other killer does, and suffers the same cooldown restraints.

    The devs aren't going to spoon feed anyone anymore than that.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3192205#Comment_3192205

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3192206#Comment_3192206

    Something doesn't become balanced because of one perk you could bring if you think you might see it. I'm not going against killers using aura perks frequently, but if I were, I wouldn't have a problem with it, because even the killers who use aura reading the most effectively can't hold a candle to the highest potential of the Nurse.

    This isn't a "mad because bad" situation, guys, I happen to think this is unbalanced even though I don't face it that often. That's kind of a lose/lose argument for you, because either it's happening so often that it's forcing you to equip a specific perk all the time, or it doesn't happen that much and so safeguarding against it with basekit changes won't affect that many people.

    Why is it that the killer should have to give up a perk slot to get an advantage, but the survivor should not have to for something that can mostly nullify said advantage throughout the entire game? Nurse uses aura perks better than most killers because most killers just are not that good enough to get decent value out of it. You are looking at it backwards. You are not forced to equip a perk. You can play around it without the perk, it will just be more difficult. Your suggestion kills perk diversity that extends beyond just Exposed on a killer which does not have balance problems (outside of range/3 blink) even with that synergy.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3192209#Comment_3192209

    If you only 'might see it' then it's clearly not the overblown threat it's made out to be. There exists a meta, if Nurse aura reading is SO overpowered, use distortion. It's a fantastic perk. Nurse triggers aura perks the same way every other killer does, and suffers the same cooldown restraints.

    The devs aren't going to spoon feed anyone anymore than that.

    ...Like I said, something isn't balanced just because it's rare.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3192216#Comment_3192216

    ...Like I said, something isn't balanced just because it's rare.

    It's not rare. Aura reading perks are used. All. The. Time.

    I can't believe there's so much concern for this edge case, apparently. Can't even drive you to consider a perk slot.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3192141#Comment_3192141

    Dragon’s Grip - Giant cooldown, effect lasts only 30s, requires being paired with something like Call of Brine/Overcharge/etc to do meaningful damage in the 30s (since base regression is -0.25 c/s = 7.5s of damage).

    Make Your Choice - Scream is pretty much irrelevant because the unhook will give a notification regardless (beyond the sound of the scream I guess). Cooldown + requires exiting range = Injured survivor can unhook after she leaves.

    Devour Hope - Is a hex, can be killed at 0 tokens

    Haunted - One-time use unless paired with Undying, does not give locations of anyone except the breaker in of itself unless paired with Retribution, doing said multi-Hex combos = gambling away multiple perk slots on non-regression

    NOED - Gimmick as always, can be hidden out/killed after it spawns/ignored and left/etc. Getting better value requires either location perks or something like NWO/Blood Warden, which is gambling away perk slots for end build. Totems spawn under specific rules and potential locations, and survivors can remember totems they see before endgame. Kinda bad design, could use a rework.

    Rancor - Only affects obsession, gives early notice to said obsession, and the final reveal can be hidden from. Kind of an awfully designed perk despite how gimmicky it is because you can literally AFK till endgame and then instadown and Mori them, should be reworked.

    I wish Calm Spirit wasn’t such utter garbage, cause then maybe it would be more relevant against stuff like Infectious Fright. On the other hand, Distortion is quite solid post-buff now and I’ve been able to pretty consistently dodge every single, or nearly every single aura read for the entire game.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3192145#Comment_3192145

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leading_question

    Actually, I don’t. I think moderate size maps are fine, and flatness/single-story isn’t necessary. You can have interesting multi-story parts of the map even without making an entire map multi-story. And boring is a pretty subjective standard.

    The scream from MYC is not irrelevant at all. The scream let’s you know which survivor went for the unhook and is now exposed.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3192224#Comment_3192224

    It's not rare. Aura reading perks are used. All. The. Time.

    I can't believe there's so much concern for this edge case, apparently. Can't even drive you to consider a perk slot.

    This isn't about what I bring into trials...?

    This is about game balance, not what I personally consider bringing into a game. Frankly, I don't actually see that many Nurses, because this take is not based on my personal experiences, it's based on a wider understanding of the game than that.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3192113#Comment_3192113

    YAS!

    She should be able to teleport from bush to bush and summon roots from the ground that hinders the killer and survivors who sandbag or unhook her in the killers face!!!!!!!!!!!

    In return, Spirit Onee-san can get a new higher polygon model that has a figure closer to her Hooked on You counterpart. She will also receive 20 new cosmetic sets.

    I think that sounds like a plan ☺️

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3192225#Comment_3192225

    This isn't about what I bring into trials...?

    This is about game balance, not what I personally consider bringing into a game. Frankly, I don't actually see that many Nurses, because this take is not based on my personal experiences, it's based on a wider understanding of the game than that.

    The wider understanding is Nurse benefits from these perks exactly like other killers do. Use the provided counterplay.

    Or don't. I won't lose sleep over it.