Please stop ragequitting for the love of God

I don't know about the rest of you, but I actually have a VERY easy to exploit guilty conscience, and if someone DCs 30 seconds into a match after I down them for making a dumb mistake?

I feel bad! I can't kill them anymore, i'd be worse than a murderer-- a jerk. I HAVE to let them go at that point. And that takes time!

So please cut it the hell out. For my sake. I don't want to queue up for another 5 minutes only to bump into the least committed player in DbD for the third time today.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I don't get it - killers have no problems to ruin dbd matches with camping and other dirty tricks they have but pretend to care about muh experience of 4 other players, when survivor do it

    454.jpg


  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3194509#Comment_3194509

    Its understandable frustration, but unfortunately the devs don't take the response the way you might think. It kinda ties in with the way people have been misusing the recently released kill statistics, as it is part of what makes them inconclusive: When someone disconnects through connection loss, or through using the leave game button, they get the penalty and the match is thrown out. This is to prevent those frustrations/connection issues/DDoSes/etc from affecting their statistic collection. They have admitted that they do not have any way of adjusting their findings on the "more subtle" methods of players skewing outcomes with things like suiciding on first hook, which on their end just appears like a normal match which almost always ends in a 3-4k due to how heavily it shifts the advantage. It makes all parties involve have worse matches, and still counts like a normal loss for other players who might otherwise have been able to escape, spiraling them even further down in MMR.

    Climbing MMR with poor measurements is certainly an exercise in patience and optimism. You're going to lose your grip or your footing plenty along the way, and most of it likely won't be your fault, but all you can do is make sure your progress outweighs your setbacks. The higher you climb, the more you will be matched with survivors who overcome similarly, which is why climbing is actually desirable on survivor as opposed to killer. But again, whether it be through DCing or "sanctioned" quitting methods, those games are always guaranteed setbacks and drop all potential of either gaining ground or minimizing the ground lost. And most importantly they stretch to how that impacts the other 4 players as well.

    Also thank you for the maturity at the start, that was very wholesome and i respect it :)

    Well if I can admit that I dc I can also admit when I'm being a jackass lol.

    But I had to say something because it's something I'm unsure about. Does dc'ing still nullify MMR. I'm not condoning it for that but I remember people saying they dcd before to lower MMR but it didn't actually work that way. That may be a problem with that if only hook suicides do.

    While I will admit to doing it I don't do these things all that often as I might make it seem, but there are "those" days that usually end with me taking a month break or so. I don't just out right condone it for the sake of lowering rank or mmr, raging happens.

    I just found it so stupid I'm sitting here playing killer and it dawned on me that I hate killing the survivors at the MMR I must be at for them to seem new. It makes me feel bad. But these are the same survivors I tend to quit on and can't say I usually feel bad for that. I also realized that I can't throw up the MMR system at all for my killer play I could easily climb out of it I just completely choose not too.

  • @Moonras2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3194536#Comment_3194536

    Well if I can admit that I dc I can also admit when I'm being a jackass lol.

    But I had to say something because it's something I'm unsure about. Does dc'ing still nullify MMR. I'm not condoning it for that but I remember people saying they dcd before to lower MMR but it didn't actually work that way. That may be a problem with that if only hook suicides do.

    While I will admit to doing it I don't do these things all that often as I might make it seem, but there are "those" days that usually end with me taking a month break or so. I don't just out right condone it for the sake of lowering rank or mmr, raging happens.

    I just found it so stupid I'm sitting here playing killer and it dawned on me that I hate killing the survivors at the MMR I must be at for them to seem new. It makes me feel bad. But these are the same survivors I tend to quit on and can't say I usually feel bad for that. I also realized that I can't throw up the MMR system at all for my killer play I could easily climb out of it I just completely choose not too.

    I'm actually not 100% on DCing specifically with MMR results, someone with more hands on like @Peanits might need to clarify that (sorry for the ping, btw.) Its changed a few times and I havent kept tabs on the specifics, but I can say for sure that matches where people suicide on hook at the start of the match are treated the same as ones where the killer just gets a really strong early start. Unless something I am unaware of changed in that regard.

    And i absolutely understand what you mean, I take breaks from the game a lot, because i recognize how absolutely frustrating the degree of robbery can be in this game, and most importantly how much that can tilt me into playing worse and letting the trend grow. I feel like that type of mindfulness helps me be a lot less pessimistic and frustrated, and i only hope it can help others similarly. If nothing else, every player who does is one less player who quits early and spreads that frustration to others.

  • @NerfedFreddy said:

    I don't get it - killers have no problems to ruin dbd matches with camping and other dirty tricks they have but pretend to care about muh experience of 4 other players, when survivor do it

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/OBNZ9F0WE6M8/454.jpg

    Wow, it's almost like camping and tunneling are strategies the devs have explicitly acknowledged and have repeatedly stated they balance the game around, and the other is refusing to play entirely.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3194552#Comment_3194552

    Wow, it's almost like camping and tunneling are strategies the devs have explicitly acknowledged and have repeatedly stated they balance the game around, and the other is refusing to play entirely.

    Trying to unhook yourself is legitimate too, and being sacrificed after missing two skillchecks in a row is an intended mechanic, which was specifically added by the devs when people complained that not being able to leave a game by letting go of spacebar would not work anymore with the new skillcheck system

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    I don't know about the rest of you, but I actually have a VERY easy to exploit guilty conscience, and if someone DCs 30 seconds into a match after I down them for making a dumb mistake?

    I feel bad! I can't kill them anymore, i'd be worse than a murderer-- a jerk. I HAVE to let them go at that point. And that takes time!

    So please cut it the hell out. For my sake. I don't want to queue up for another 5 minutes only to bump into the least committed player in DbD for the third time today.

    I used to be that way, but it happens so often now, heck I even made a post here on these forums asking why they do it, and mostly all amounted the the same thing... They don't like your playstyle, they are punishing you for playing in a way they don't like. So you need to get over your conscience and do your job as killer. I know its hard, it was for me. Heck, I still can't bring myself to tunnel or camp, even at end game. But a DC to me is just an easy kill. Don't let them "punish" you.

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/347067/please-stop-ragequitting-for-the-love-of-god

    I used to be that way, but it happens so often now, heck I even made a post here on these forums asking why they do it, and mostly all amounted the the same thing... They don't like your playstyle, they are punishing you for playing in a way they don't like. So you need to get over your conscience and do your job as killer. I know its hard, it was for me. Heck, I still can't bring myself to tunnel or camp, even at end game. But a DC to me is just an easy kill. Don't let them "punish" you.

    I don't care about what Mr. baby quitter DCer thinks about me or my playstyle, I care about the poor guys who were unfortunate enough to have him as a teammate.

    I've been there, man. A lot. Watching someone DC less than a minute in and wonder why the hell I even queued up. Usually it ends with us being slaughtered like normal. I watched the last guy almost get out once, only to get mori'd directly in front of the exit.

    It's rough. I have no choice but to sympathize.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3194354#Comment_3194354

    its been an issue on and off since Legion's PTB. It ebbs and flows with people's patience and entitlement.

    @SunsetSherbet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3192101#Comment_3192101

    And those same people will complain about killrates or solo queue being too hard.

    The amount of tunneling/camping I have seen "ruin my games" is utterly dwarfed by the number ruined by a Bill DCing 2 minutes in, or a Feng refusing to play a winnable game because "KILLER DOWNED ME TOO FAST ;-; "

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3194354#Comment_3194354

    Huh? Rage quitting over the smallest of inconveniences absolutely predates a patch from a couple of months ago. This has been a multi year issue.

    Interesting…

    We’re going to acknowledge that the issue correlates with changes made to the game, but not hold the developers accountable for implementing those changes.

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3194561#Comment_3194561

    Trying to unhook yourself is legitimate too, and being sacrificed after missing two skillchecks in a row is an intended mechanic, which was specifically added by the devs when people complained that not being able to leave a game by letting go of spacebar would not work anymore with the new skillcheck system

    If you want to be intentionally disingenuous and facetious with your wording, I can do that too. Trying to repair is legitimate too and happening to miss skillchecks leading to losing a lot of gen progress is an intended mechanic. So is happening to end up running across a teammate while in chase with the killer. Or happening to pre-drop every pallet in chase early. Do you have proof it's definitely sandbagging? Not really, no. Maybe they're just bad at the game, lack map awareness, or want to stay safe by predropping and not chancing a hit by going for a stun.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3194582#Comment_3194582

    I don't care about what Mr. baby quitter DCer thinks about me or my playstyle, I care about the poor guys who were unfortunate enough to have him as a teammate.

    I've been there, man. A lot. Watching someone DC less than a minute in and wonder why the hell I even queued up. Usually it ends with us being slaughtered like normal. I watched the last guy almost get out once, only to get mori'd directly in front of the exit.

    It's rough. I have no choice but to sympathize.

    I mean, I get that, I play survivor too, however I base my thoughts on each side knowing things from each side.... So yea, when I am on a survivor and the killer doesn't meme with us when we have a DC, I don't blame the killer, I blame the other survivor. Same when I am the killer. I'm not going to throw the game and quit playing just because someone DCed, or else I'd be memeing every other match lately. People will DC as soon as they hear Legion chase music.

  • @Wezil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/347067/please-stop-ragequitting-for-the-love-of-god

    It's not going to stop and it's not rage-quiting. People are DCing and suiciding on hook because they believe the game is hopeless. That 61% kill rate that killers are getting is negatively reinforcing survivor players to hate the game. It's classical Pavlovian psychological conditioning.

    It's the exact opposite of what games like Diablo do, where they use positive reinforcement, getting new items, to condition people to like the game.

    Video games has used psychology for years, but I think this is the first time I've seen it used to make people hate the game, lol.

    The most accurate post in this thread.

    What really blows my mind is people are playing a game with such a disadvantage. I think part of the problem is an overwhelming majority of the players want to play killer and those playing survivor finding the role completely impossible to win as and so they bail because of no hope in the match. I still play survivor for the hell of it, but for the life of me it is a psychological quest to determine what possesses someone to play in a video game with no hope to win or have fun losing.

    Even before the tremendously killer sided patch, killers still had the advantage but BHVR giving a huge middle finger to the survivor playerbase and then gloating about it with 61% is downright rude.

    The developers are not ashamed to have a game where: Killers are playing a power fantasy role and gloating their developers are embracing it while survivors are suffering something unimaginable because they want to play a game but can't find it enjoyable. This game deserves a topic in a psychology research to study why humans would subject themselves to suffer with survivor.

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3194372#Comment_3194372

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3194380#Comment_3194380

    Interesting…

    We’re going to acknowledge that the issue correlates with changes made to the game, but not hold the developers accountable for implementing those changes.

    No, because people not liking something is not a valid reason to ruin the game for others in protest, regardless of which side is affected. Killers didn't give out 4E's like candy to protest CoH, they just stopped playing killer entirely, or moved on to camping and tunneling. Its also why people have been misrepresenting steam charts to try to emphasize that ever since. The most recent wave has been another survivor entitlement episode, but its something that the userbase as a whole does.

    Also, how does one "hold the developers accountable?" do we employ BHVR staff? or are you implying targetted boycotting and sabotaging their product as accountability?

  • Especially fun when killers ragequit when exit gates are opened. Granted he basically lost all the BP he gained in the match. I don't really understand why you'd DC at this point when you played a full match.

    killer_dc.jpg


  • First match of the damn day, guys.

    First match.

    image.png

    I see a prestige 49 Nea in the lobby and I, verbatim, say

    "I feel like either something really amazing or really embarassing is about to happen."

    And guess where Nea goes when the Legion finds her first? Guess. Just guess what she does.


    Solo hell.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3194587#Comment_3194587

    No, because people not liking something is not a valid reason to ruin the game for others in protest, regardless of which side is affected. Killers didn't give out 4E's like candy to protest CoH, they just stopped playing killer entirely, or moved on to camping and tunneling. Its also why people have been misrepresenting steam charts to try to emphasize that ever since. The most recent wave has been another survivor entitlement episode, but its something that the userbase as a whole does.

    Also, how does one "hold the developers accountable?" do we employ BHVR staff? or are you implying targetted boycotting and sabotaging their product as accountability?

    There is a direct cause and effect between the recent changes made to DBD and the rise in ragequitting and hook-suicides.

    The buck stops with BHVR.


    All these posts dedicated to scrutinizing players for demonstrating their frustrations with the game are misguided.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3194552#Comment_3194552

    Wow, it's almost like camping and tunneling are strategies the devs have explicitly acknowledged and have repeatedly stated they balance the game around, and the other is refusing to play entirely.

    Is camping and tunneling really playing though? Doesn’t take much effort to stand by a hook until someone dies.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3194287#Comment_3194287

    I'm a killer? TIL

    If you don't like a part of the game enough to think you're justified ruining the game for all 4 other players whenever you face it, don't queue up. Better yet, go play a single player game where no one will be affected by your selfishness.

    😂🤣

  • @MeanieDeeny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3194561#Comment_3194561

    Is camping and tunneling really playing though? Doesn’t take much effort to stand by a hook until someone dies.

    Devs said they are strategies. And realistically, they are. If the killer camps by a hook, doing gens punishes them.

  • @MeanieDeeny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3194561#Comment_3194561

    Is camping and tunneling really playing though? Doesn’t take much effort to stand by a hook until someone dies.

    I would say it takes more effort and attention than doing gens does.

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3194652#Comment_3194652

    There is a direct cause and effect between the recent changes made to DBD and the rise in ragequitting and hook-suicides.

    The buck stops with BHVR.

    All these posts dedicated to scrutinizing players for demonstrating their frustrations with the game are misguided.

    Yeah, they're not because you can do that by just not playing the game instead of purposely ruining matches for others.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3194509#Comment_3194509

    Its understandable frustration, but unfortunately the devs don't take the response the way you might think. It kinda ties in with the way people have been misusing the recently released kill statistics, as it is part of what makes them inconclusive: When someone disconnects through connection loss, or through using the leave game button, they get the penalty and the match is thrown out. This is to prevent those frustrations/connection issues/DDoSes/etc from affecting their statistic collection. They have admitted that they do not have any way of adjusting their findings on the "more subtle" methods of players skewing outcomes with things like suiciding on first hook, which on their end just appears like a normal match which almost always ends in a 3-4k due to how heavily it shifts the advantage. It makes all parties involve have worse matches, and still counts like a normal loss for other players who might otherwise have been able to escape, spiraling them even further down in MMR.

    Climbing MMR with poor measurements is certainly an exercise in patience and optimism. You're going to lose your grip or your footing plenty along the way, and most of it likely won't be your fault, but all you can do is make sure your progress outweighs your setbacks. The higher you climb, the more you will be matched with survivors who overcome similarly, which is why climbing is actually desirable on survivor as opposed to killer. But again, whether it be through DCing or "sanctioned" quitting methods, those games are always guaranteed setbacks and drop all potential of either gaining ground or minimizing the ground lost. And most importantly they stretch to how that impacts the other 4 players as well.

    Also thank you for the maturity at the start, that was very wholesome and i respect it :)

    bro your comments are insanely long. Do you want to be a game developer? I don't get it...


    To offer some constructive opinions..


    If a DC occurs within 30 seconds to 1 minute of the game it should not be scored or games should be without a penalty for others. Or a percentage like 5 based on average game times. Or until a specific action occurs like first sacrifice / hook.

    In a lot of multiplayer games they do this setup - take Dota 2 for example - DC within first few minutes and MMR is not counted. Players free to go.

  • @rinnai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3194536#Comment_3194536

    bro your comments are insanely long. Do you want to be a game developer? I don't get it...

    To offer some constructive opinions..

    If a DC occurs within 30 seconds to 1 minute of the game it should not be scored or games should be without a penalty for others. Or a percentage like 5 based on average game times. Or until a specific action occurs like first sacrifice / hook.

    In a lot of multiplayer games they do this setup - take Dota 2 for example - DC within first few minutes and MMR is not counted. Players free to go.

    Part of the reason half the problems exist in the game is due to oversights. I tend to be thorough to prevent them, and to help explain my perspective, or other perspectives not immediately clear. I do also dabble in the dev side of things elsewhere, but not on a major scale, just enough to understand how things can go on either side of the fence so to speak.

    Your suggestion certainly isn't a bad one, and could be molded to the conditions within dbd to work as you said. The only issue I can see with it is that it can and will be exploited by bad actors, no matter how reasonably it is applied. Since that applies to almost every fix, its still a pretty good idea regardless.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3194846#Comment_3194846

    Yeah, they're not because you can do that by just not playing the game instead of purposely ruining matches for others.

    So you're saying you think a post like this one will actually help improve our experience with this problem?

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195397#Comment_3195397

    So you're saying you think a post like this one will actually help improve our experience with this problem?

    Its certainly not ruining anyone's game, so I don't think you're getting the point.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    I don't know about the rest of you, but I actually have a VERY easy to exploit guilty conscience, and if someone DCs 30 seconds into a match after I down them for making a dumb mistake?

    I feel bad! I can't kill them anymore, i'd be worse than a murderer-- a jerk. I HAVE to let them go at that point. And that takes time!

    So please cut it the hell out. For my sake. I don't want to queue up for another 5 minutes only to bump into the least committed player in DbD for the third time today.

    Finally something i can agree on with you!

    Yeah, the rage quitting has been rampant and i think that it not only ruins the match for everyone else in the match. But that it also results in a heavy mmr shift. Where people are moved to mmr ratings, they don´t belong to.

    The rage quitting needs to stop.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195509#Comment_3195509

    Its certainly not ruining anyone's game, so I don't think you're getting the point.

    You don't think ragequitting and hook suicides are ruining anyone's game?

    That doesn't make sense, because your words earlier were "ruin the game in protest."

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3194880#Comment_3194880

    I would say it takes more effort and attention than doing gens does.

    I agree.

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195549#Comment_3195549

    You don't think ragequitting and hook suicides are ruining anyone's game?

    That doesn't make sense, because your words earlier were "ruin the game in protest."

    I can't tell if you're confusing yourself on purpose. I have never said that i do not think ragequitting and hook suicides ruin other people's games, and have been stating the opposite this entire time.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195626#Comment_3195626

    I can't tell if you're confusing yourself on purpose. I have never said that i do not think ragequitting and hook suicides ruin other people's games, and have been stating the opposite this entire time.

    You haven't stated anything in your replies, hence my need to clarify all of your responses.

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195695#Comment_3195695

    You haven't stated anything in your replies, hence my need to clarify all of your responses.

    I've been pretty clear about my stance on the subject, so I have no idea how you would think otherwise. This is becoming a pointless tangent.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    I don't know about the rest of you, but I actually have a VERY easy to exploit guilty conscience, and if someone DCs 30 seconds into a match after I down them for making a dumb mistake?

    I feel bad! I can't kill them anymore, i'd be worse than a murderer-- a jerk. I HAVE to let them go at that point. And that takes time!

    So please cut it the hell out. For my sake. I don't want to queue up for another 5 minutes only to bump into the least committed player in DbD for the third time today.

    Well you’re a rare killer player. Most continue to stomp surivors after rage quits

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195707#Comment_3195707

    I've been pretty clear about my stance on the subject, so I have no idea how you would think otherwise. This is becoming a pointless tangent.

    You haven't been clear with me at all.

    You contradicted yourself, so I asked you to clarify.


    Whatever 'point' you didn't think I was getting was a biproduct of your ambiguous responses.

    If you think I'm missing a point, why wouldn't you explain it to me? I was already asking you to clarify your opinion.

    You said X, which sounds like you are saying Y, so I pushed you on that.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    I don't know about the rest of you, but I actually have a VERY easy to exploit guilty conscience, and if someone DCs 30 seconds into a match after I down them for making a dumb mistake?

    I feel bad! I can't kill them anymore, i'd be worse than a murderer-- a jerk. I HAVE to let them go at that point. And that takes time!

    So please cut it the hell out. For my sake. I don't want to queue up for another 5 minutes only to bump into the least committed player in DbD for the third time today.

    *most committed DbD player

  • Alright, It seems that the comments here are escalating. As such, we will close the thread up to this point.

1 2 ›