Anonymous Mode on Console

So, they just removed Anonymous Mode from console, despite it was working as intended, only because they didn't want us to have it? What am I missing here? I quit playing DBD on Xbox because of all the hateful messages I received from other players and got tired of cheaters/killer bots and for once Anonymous Mode actually made me want to play again. I just don't understand that if it was working without any bugs or issues, why remove it. Console players also stream and this just puts them off as well especially when people stream snipe. I would love to hear an explanation on why it was so important to remove it.

Comments

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3290124#Comment_3290124

    Ah ok I thought you might have been on the EU servers because I know of a similar bunch of people who have made a few enemies.

    Yeah, some people have too much time on their hands and have egos the size of a star.

  • I’m on PlayStation, so I’m not sure if Xbox has this option… but can you change your message settings to friends only? When I first started playing DBD, I was getting strange messages from people complaining about be doing this or that in a game and asking me how many hours I had played. I changed my settings to only allow messages from friends, and this stopped them all. I’m hoping there is an option like this for you, those messages are terrible.

  • @Mockingjay_S451 said:

    I’m on PlayStation, so I’m not sure if Xbox has this option… but can you change your message settings to friends only? When I first started playing DBD, I was getting strange messages from people complaining about be doing this or that in a game and asking me how many hours I had played. I changed my settings to only allow messages from friends, and this stopped them all. I’m hoping there is an option like this for you, those messages are terrible.

    Not sure if it still works the same but when I tried this on Xbox, all they had to do was friend me (I had no say in that) and then they could message me.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3290183#Comment_3290183

    Not sure if it still works the same but when I tried this on Xbox, all they had to do was friend me (I had no say in that) and then they could message me.

    I do get random friend requests from people I have played with, but I just never accept them. They don’t seem to be able to message unless I accept. Is there maybe a way on Xbox to set it to force you to have to accept or decline the friend request?

  • @Aceislife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3290115#Comment_3290115

    I get the image that ps4 is way different in this category compared to xbox then. Because I swear those people would have gotten a ban just by pressing the report button on PSN.

    Sony will ban you over the dumbest stuff, it's ridiculous

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3290112#Comment_3290112

    Pissed off a clan of booters. There's about twenty of them and they have access to good software.

    Only thing I can do is lobby dodge them and hope they didn't have time to notice me either as Killer or Survivor.

    Those people are pathetic, bunch of miserable lonely losers with nothing better to do with their lives

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3186313#Comment_3186313

    This.

    Honestly it's such a bummer that Steam players that can just change their names get an anonymous mode while us console players are stuck being harassed by others in the community. They should've waited until this feature was available to everyone because it's just frustrating as console player to see yet again PC getting features we have to miss out on.

    Nah buddy that's just kindergarten if I can't have it right now nobody can logic.

    It's obviously not as easy to implement on console but there is no reason then don't give it out for PC when it's easier there

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3186260#Comment_3186260

    All we need is a feature which makes our usernames hidden until the end, that way it won’t affect any kind of platform functionality or features - It is currently like this for the Killer usernames already and we can’t see it until the end of the match. Console Survivors should have a setting which would be essentially the same thing, only our names would be replaced with the Survivors we are currently using until the end of the match. If someone sends messages and hate after the match, we can block them and delete the message without even reading it.

    Doing this would fix in-game targeted harassment for console Survivors and would retain all platform level blocking functionality. Not only this, but it would also reduce the disparity between console and PC users, making us feel appreciated. We could switch Survivors between matches to retain anonymity if we wished for a more definitive anonymous experience.

    I don’t see any logical reason why this shouldn’t be considered when Anonymous mode PC users are running rampant in cross-play matches right now, while console users have nothing at all to protect us from this targeted toxicity and harassment. In my 4k hours of this game (80% Survivor) I have dealt with this targeted harassment for a very long time. When anonymous mode was accidentally put on console, I played it for about 50 hours and my escape rate was as high as 90% some days as a solo Survivor. I would really appreciate it if this message got seen by the Development Team and Leadership Team of Dead by Daylight. You have a great game on your hands and I’m a big fan.

    Unfortunately this would be directly over riding the platform specific features which shows names - which is why the feature was removed from Consoles after it had gone live.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3300826#Comment_3300826

    I don't see the logic in that statement when the Killer already gets what I am suggesting by default. If that's correct, then wouldn't the default settings set up for Killer usernames already be overriding these 'platform specific features'?

    No, because the killer is viewing the lobby, as a survivor you do not even see the killer character in the lobby at all. Which is why this is not against the platform specific rules.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3300847#Comment_3300847

    So, the only way to implement my suggestion is to deny the Killer from seeing the Survivors in the lobby at all, just like it is for Survivors not being able to see the Killer in the lobby. Not only this but during the match, the Killer would only see the icons of the Survivors with no name at all, making it symmetrical relative to what each side sees of the other side?

    This. I don't get why they don't just do that. Then it would be fair for both sides.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3300870#Comment_3300870

    It would fix lobby dodging, prestige discrimination, and most importantly, console users would be protected from targeted harassment & toxicity from the Killer. There is a good reason that PC players using Anonymous mode are rampant right now, I rarely join a lobby without seeing one. I feel like I'm a voice for the rest of my console brothers and sisters suffering in silence on this matter. The whole Anonymous mode fiasco is creating a hierarchy in Dead by Daylight where console players are lesser than PC players. It was bad before but now it's blatantly obvious.

    Exactly. There's a lot of petty animosity and grudge holding among players in this community. Players are constantly targeted because they teabagged, flashlight clicked, brought a map offering, used Noed, camped or tunneled etc.

    This anonymous mode for both sides would solve all of that.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3300891#Comment_3300891

    It's the bane of my 4.1k hour Dead by Daylight career. Here is hoping that my feedback won't fall on deaf ears, I won't be holding my breath though.

    Do you suffer this a lot yourself? Other players gunning for you over silly stuff like that?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3300899#Comment_3300899

    Yeah, I’ve had absolute garbage go down, like people I had previously played Survivor alongside with jump into the Killer role and go for nobody else but me. Killers I’ve escaped that won’t give me a fair chance in future matches under any circumstances, getting hit on hook over and over because I escaped them in a previous match. Sometimes Killers like Bubba, so you’re doomed as a solo player if they want to camp you. That’s not to take anything away from Nurses, Blights or just any Killer really if they know what they’re doing.

    Reaching my wits end with this. I just want a fair chance like PC anonymous mode Survivors get. When anonymous mode was on console, I escaped some of these toxic Killers (players) that I recognised in the past. Games I know that would have been very different if I wasn’t anonymous.

    Yeah I've experienced my share of that too. I am also on console. Its like a vicious cycle.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/346512/anonymous-mode-on-console

    We did attempt to explain the reasoning in the patch notes. This was not a feature that was able to go Live and it was implemented in error. Platform level features cannot be overturned, those must take priority and unfortunately the Anonymous Mode over rode these...which is why we needed to remove it from the other platforms other than Steam & Epic.

    So your saying that the reason it can’t be allowed on consoles is because of a made up reason that can be fixed on your side? If it’s to block other players then we are at no way safe from everyone else sense console players have become the biggest joke in this community. If it’s because of the consoles them selves that’s a lie there are many other games that allow console to use an anonymous mode for all players not just pc. If this is because of poor programming then change how you term it because all we hear is excuses. I’m going to assume it’s the last one with poor programming and a touch of you BHVR saying who cares about console players. If everyone would like to have anonymous mode on console and or teach BHVR a lesson all you have to do is just quit playing the game til they release it. Easy fix

  • For some reason we still have the option on XSX. But ppl told me it's only working on my end as other players will still see my gamertag.

  • @anothernursemain said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3186175#Comment_3186175

    So your saying that the reason it can’t be allowed on consoles is because of a made up reason that can be fixed on your side? If it’s to block other players then we are at no way safe from everyone else sense console players have become the biggest joke in this community. If it’s because of the consoles them selves that’s a lie there are many other games that allow console to use an anonymous mode for all players not just pc. If this is because of poor programming then change how you term it because all we hear is excuses. I’m going to assume it’s the last one with poor programming and a touch of you BHVR saying who cares about console players. If everyone would like to have anonymous mode on console and or teach BHVR a lesson all you have to do is just quit playing the game til they release it. Easy fix

    No that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that we're (as a company) are not allowed to override features that are standard on another platform, the platform in this case being Xbox. Our game cannot simply over ride those features - it's not about programming or that we do not wish to add it.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3290087#Comment_3290087

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/SI9UUGTM6A7K/capture-bro-png.png

    I figure telling someone to kill themselves is fairly against the rules. No ban.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5M18XTQJHX9Y/ddos-2-li.jpg

    This guy who DDoS'd me for multiple hours. No ban. Funny story about him tho. He tried to hit someone off who lived on a military base, apparently. Turns out, the military gives a ######### about that and prosecuted him. Heard through the grapevine, so take it with a grain of salt.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/0KOE7N4J1COJ/inkedpain-2.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/3KS032ZCPD6H/inkedpain-3.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/AOAXKU6ZZ98G/why-png.png

    They kept going for flashlight saves and DC'd after I downed a guy who got unhooked with BT. I didn't even pick them up. Spammed me with invites and messages.

    So as you can clearly see, there are ways to get around the system and Xbox doesn't really give a ######### about it. I think I have more but I'd actually have to look for them and I don't really feel like doing that right now.

    Dang Pulsar and here I thought I made enemies with a group of monsters....but my enemies on R6 Seige are no where near this bad.

    Now I was told to go jump in tapioca pudding....what ever that ment....

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3290099#Comment_3290099

    Dang Pulsar and here I thought I made enemies with a group of monsters....but my enemies on R6 Seige are no where near this bad.

    Now I was told to go jump in tapioca pudding....what ever that ment....

    Eh, honestly, I have worse messages saved somewhere.

  • I am chuffed PlayStation got it. I hope it makes its way to Xbox too.

  • Looking at your old screenshots, I'm surprised Xbox is so lenient with stuff like that. PS is super anal and you have to skirt around everything you say in case someone reports you. Minor swears, any kind of innuendo to #########, just saying "kill, die, or death" even in context of a game is sometimes enough to warrant a temp ban though it's normally just removed.

    I figured xbox would be the same. I guess it's both a good and bad thing it's not. Hope you get nicer messages in the future. ^_^

1 2 ›