Held Hostage and DDoS'd

I've found the same hacker THREE times tonight.

They've hit me off twice and now they are holding me hostage. I am literally going to have a ban for multiple hours if I DC from this match through little fault of my own. You may be wondering, what fault lies with me? That's easy, I shouldn't have booted up DBD and I should've kept playing Dead Space.

If you want my honest and radical opinion, quarantine the EGS accounts. There's clearly too many for BHVR to ban effectively and they are ruining what little fun I've been finding in DBD these days but hey, here's another Feng skin and we fixed the cosmetic glitch that nobody wanted us to fix!

This is unacceptable.

Comments

  • Did you played dredge by any chance? I had teammates perma saboing all hooks somehow and chris was getting up immediately whenever dredge downed him at the end.

    I gave myself to egc just to spite them and give killer some points.

  • I'm very sorry this is happening to you. I have yet to encounter this myself, but it does concern me greatly how malicious people are over a game. I'd say wat the ban, log off for tonight, contact support and see if they can get it reversed, and take the time to do something that genuinely makes you happy.

  • I do not even blame hackers at this point. This is Behavior's fault for not addressing the hostage system that has nothing to do with anti cheat. Everyone makes it about that when they need to fix how matches progress. A DC is not good enough, obviously, and hasn't been for quite awhile. And this problem persists beyond just cheaters. Normal players can take the game hostage as well and force the victim to DC. It is ridiculous, but there is no pressure on them to fix it. Heck, as far as I am aware, fog whispers do not even have their white list DC thing as they were just testing it. Surprised they care so little.

  • @Shaped said:

    Did you played dredge by any chance? I had teammates perma saboing all hooks somehow and chris was getting up immediately whenever dredge downed him at the end.

    I gave myself to egc just to spite them and give killer some points.

    No, unfortunately, I was playing Wesker.

  • @Pulsar said:

    I've found the same hacker THREE times tonight.

    They've hit me off twice and now they are holding me hostage. I am literally going to have a ban for multiple hours if I DC from this match through little fault of my own. You may be wondering, what fault lies with me? That's easy, I shouldn't have booted up DBD and I should've kept playing Dead Space.

    If you want my honest and radical opinion, quarantine the EGS accounts. There's clearly too many for BHVR to ban effectively and they are ruining what little fun I've been finding in DBD these days but hey, here's another Feng skin and we fixed the cosmetic glitch that nobody wanted us to fix!

    This is unacceptable.

    "That's easy, I shouldn't have booted up DBD and I should've kept playing Dead Space."


    Why in the heck would you choose DBD over Dead Space? That is your main issue. lmao..

  • @JacobiusWick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/346293/held-hostage-and-ddosd

    "That's easy, I shouldn't have booted up DBD and I should've kept playing Dead Space."

    Why in the heck would you choose DBD over Dead Space? That is your main issue. lmao..

    Once you beat Dead Space around a dozen times, it loses a bit of its luster. That being said, I have not played it in a couple years, I might have to do it again around Halloween.

  • @JacobiusWick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/346293/held-hostage-and-ddosd

    "That's easy, I shouldn't have booted up DBD and I should've kept playing Dead Space."

    Why in the heck would you choose DBD over Dead Space? That is your main issue. lmao..

    Dead Space's flashing lights and crunchy sounds hurt my head.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3183981#Comment_3183981

    Once you beat Dead Space around a dozen times, it loses a bit of its luster. That being said, I have not played it in a couple years, I might have to do it again around Halloween.

    nah you just play the second one, lol.

    On a real note, that's the best time to play. Halloween and horror games/movies keeps me alive.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3183981#Comment_3183981

    Dead Space's flashing lights and crunchy sounds hurt my head.

    But is it worth the soul-crushing agony that is DBD rn? I get it, this game is stupid addictive though.

  • What is interesting is that when I play I use the Epic Games Launcher. I never see Epic users in my matches. They usually have the crossplay icon next to their name.

    But I agree, when I found cheaters they always were playing on an Epic account.

  • @JacobiusWick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3183990#Comment_3183990

    But is it worth the soul-crushing agony that is DBD rn? I get it, this game is stupid addictive though.

    Sometimes.

  • I had 3 killer games yesterday where i was clearly winning, and suddenly i got disconnected. I was wondering if its just dbd, or something else.

  • No one should have to go through this in any game. So frustrating that the devs are stubbornly refusing to help their playerbase outside of occasional ban waves. I know it means nothing but I hope you get some good games next time.

  • @Cybil said:

    No one should have to go through this in any game. So frustrating that the devs are stubbornly refusing to help their playerbase outside of occasional ban waves. I know it means nothing but I hope you get some good games next time.

    Me too.

    Thank you

  • @sulaiman said:

    I had 3 killer games yesterday where i was clearly winning, and suddenly i got disconnected. I was wondering if its just dbd, or something else.

    Happened to me too, both as killer and survivor. When I was doing really well, the game just DC'd me out of nowhere. I walked in the map and poof , my game got me disconnected.

    It was also the other way around. As survivors I was doing well with my team and all of the sudden, poof.

    Out of nowhere you're disconnected and have a penalty.

  • @Pulsar said:

    I've found the same hacker THREE times tonight.

    They've hit me off twice and now they are holding me hostage. I am literally going to have a ban for multiple hours if I DC from this match through little fault of my own. You may be wondering, what fault lies with me? That's easy, I shouldn't have booted up DBD and I should've kept playing Dead Space.

    If you want my honest and radical opinion, quarantine the EGS accounts. There's clearly too many for BHVR to ban effectively and they are ruining what little fun I've been finding in DBD these days but hey, here's another Feng skin and we fixed the cosmetic glitch that nobody wanted us to fix!

    This is unacceptable.

    I agree with you. Most of the times, when there are some really fishy things going on (like killers knowing exactly where you are at all times, without tracking perks), it's always the world symbol players. Mostly killers in my experience.

  • Curious as to how you went against the same hacker three times? Wouldn't you be able to see their name and dodge? Or if they're playing in Streamer Mode, recognise their cosmetics(most of them are basic, messed up linked sets or some ugly match of cosmetics) or just dodge when you see people using streamer mode? That's usually what I do. I don't trust streamer mode peeps.

  • @CakeDuty said:

    Curious as to how you went against the same hacker three times? Wouldn't you be able to see their name and dodge? Or if they're playing in Streamer Mode, recognise their cosmetics(most of them are basic, messed up linked sets or some ugly match of cosmetics) or just dodge when you see people using streamer mode? That's usually what I do. I don't trust streamer mode peeps.

    Same name and same cosmetics.

  • @Pulsar said:

    I've found the same hacker THREE times tonight.

    They've hit me off twice and now they are holding me hostage. I am literally going to have a ban for multiple hours if I DC from this match through little fault of my own. You may be wondering, what fault lies with me? That's easy, I shouldn't have booted up DBD and I should've kept playing Dead Space.

    If you want my honest and radical opinion, quarantine the EGS accounts. There's clearly too many for BHVR to ban effectively and they are ruining what little fun I've been finding in DBD these days but hey, here's another Feng skin and we fixed the cosmetic glitch that nobody wanted us to fix!

    This is unacceptable.

    Unfortunately, there are so many alternate accounts made by hackers right now that this will likely persist for 1-3 years.

  • There are programs that you can buy online to guarantee that you end up in specific lobbies with specific people in dbd.

  • @Pulsar said:

    I've found the same hacker THREE times tonight.

    They've hit me off twice and now they are holding me hostage. I am literally going to have a ban for multiple hours if I DC from this match through little fault of my own. You may be wondering, what fault lies with me? That's easy, I shouldn't have booted up DBD and I should've kept playing Dead Space.

    If you want my honest and radical opinion, quarantine the EGS accounts. There's clearly too many for BHVR to ban effectively and they are ruining what little fun I've been finding in DBD these days but hey, here's another Feng skin and we fixed the cosmetic glitch that nobody wanted us to fix!

    This is unacceptable.

    Sucks fam so sorry you have to deal with all that. Shouldn't happen.

    Hopefully the devs learned a little sumthin sumthin with the epic Epic episode...