Wesker cannot do anything against this

Wesker has a mechanic, that if the survivors are too close to the window or pallet location, they will get hit by his power, but this doesnt work properly, sometimes you hit, sometimes the survivor will just vault the pallet again, I have some clips to show you, I was playing wesker and I noticed I was unnable to hit them, I was just like, ''ok, what I am gonna do?''. After that, I went to kyf to test it, and thats what we got

https://youtu.be/QBDqch3G738

This killer literally sucks and he needs some more improvements, this isnt supposed to be a thing

After seeing this video several times, I cant think how I am not hitting her

Comments

  • I didn’t think killers with pallet vaulting powers were supposed to be able to get damage out of it too.

    Edit: I was uninformed and therefore gave misinformation. Taken out.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    Well sheesh, I thought you meant on the same side of the pallet or window. You expect him to vault the pallet and get a hit?

    Not how it works.

    That is literally how it works LMAO

    • Survivors standing too close to a vault point or dropped pallet will now be injured when The Mastermind vaults it

    from the Project W patch notes.

    It's a bug.

  • Hope this gets fixed soon.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    Well sheesh, I thought you meant on the same side of the pallet or window. You expect him to vault the pallet and get a hit?

    Not how it works.

    That…is exactly how it works, though. The survivor in the video should’ve been downed.

    On the PTB it was even easier to vault back after Wesker like that, so they made it so that the survivor gets injured if too close to the pallet specifically to prevent survivors from doing this.

  • I mean, you could just break the pallet, I know it's probably not what you want to hear, but removing it also removes any possibility of a survivor wasting your time there as well.

  • @RinsDoormat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3182519#Comment_3182519

    That is literally how it works LMAO

    • Survivors standing too close to a vault point or dropped pallet will now be injured when The Mastermind vaults it

    from the Project W patch notes.

    It's a bug.

    Wait, is this for real? Because.. well, that changes things quite a lot haha, although to be fair I've never had it do this for me on Pallet Vaults before not even once, it never hits the survivor on the other side of a pallet, a window vault yes, but never once for me on a pallet before.

    Hopefully its a bug then and gets fixed.. would be nice haha

  • @adam1233467 said:

    Wesker has a mechanic, that if the survivors are too close to the window or pallet location, they will get hit by his power, but this doesnt work properly, sometimes you hit, sometimes the survivor will just vault the pallet again, I have some clips to show you, I was playing wesker and I noticed I was unnable to hit them, I was just like, ''ok, what I am gonna do?''. After that, I went to kyf to test it, and thats what we got

    https://youtu.be/QBDqch3G738

    This killer literally sucks and he needs some more improvements, this isnt supposed to be a thing

    After seeing this video several times, I cant think how I am not hitting her

    Yes, his Bound Vault is still prone to that exploit. Also, a long cool-down of 1,5 seconds prevents you from punishing survivors with a basic attack for doing it. Because of that exploit and unreasonable cool-down, Bound Vault can be turned into a lose-lose situation for Wesker.

  • If only I could use my 2nd bound power to hit the survivor 2 meters in front of me after vaulting. your not designed to hit her. his power is designed to be looped for 5 gens. Just break the pallet and move on.

  • "Just ignore the patch note that says it should be possible, stop bringing attention to the bug, break the pallet and take the time loss that wasn't intended for this killer and power, and move on."

    Man, if only everyone just, you know, didn't bring attention to bugs and played. The game would be in a much better spot right now.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    Well sheesh, I thought you meant on the same side of the pallet or window. You expect him to vault the pallet and get a hit?

    Not how it works.

    That was actually a change they made from PTB to live servers.

    On the PTB a Survivor could just wait right at the pallet, Wesker would vault and clip into them and then the Survivor could vault back while Wesker was still in the cooldown animation for his vault (similar to how you see it in OP's video).

    Due to this rendering the vaulting aspect of his power completely useless, BHVR implemented a new mechanic that has Wesker instantly hit anyone who was too close to his vaulting location whenever he vaults something with his power.


    What OP shows here is, that the hitbox for this attack is still a bit too small, as a Survivor can still clip into him after a succesful vault without triggering the attack, basically repeating the issue he faced on the PTB.


    EDIT:

    • Survivors standing too close to a vault point or dropped pallet will now be injured when The Mastermind vaults it

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/349

  • @RinsDoormat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3182519#Comment_3182519

    That is literally how it works LMAO

    • Survivors standing too close to a vault point or dropped pallet will now be injured when The Mastermind vaults it

    from the Project W patch notes.

    It's a bug.

    @sizzlingmario4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3182519#Comment_3182519

    That…is exactly how it works, though. The survivor in the video should’ve been downed.

    On the PTB it was even easier to vault back after Wesker like that, so they made it so that the survivor gets injured if too close to the pallet specifically to prevent survivors from doing this.

    @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3182519#Comment_3182519

    That was actually a change they made from PTB to live servers.

    On the PTB a Survivor could just wait right at the pallet, Wesker would vault and clip into them and then the Survivor could vault back while Wesker was still in the cooldown animation for his vault (similar to how you see it in OP's video).

    Due to this rendering the vaulting aspect of his power completely useless, BHVR implemented a new mechanic that has Wesker instantly hit anyone who was too close to his vaulting location whenever he vaults something with his power.

    What OP shows here is, that the hitbox for this attack is still a bit too small, as a Survivor can still clip into him after a succesful vault without triggering the attack, basically repeating the issue he faced on the PTB.

    EDIT:

    • Survivors standing too close to a vault point or dropped pallet will now be injured when The Mastermind vaults it

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/349

    Touché. But what is defined as “too close?” Enough that Wesker’s model wouldn’t complete the vault animation otherwise? Because it looks to me that the survivor is staying a safe distance until Wesker’s vault animation is already over - then going toward him.

    I dunno if he’s supposed to lose collision or not when vaulting with his power.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3182713#Comment_3182713

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3182720#Comment_3182720

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3182888#Comment_3182888

    Touché. But what is defined as “too close?” Enough that Wesker’s model wouldn’t complete the vault animation otherwise? Because it looks to me that the survivor is staying a safe distance until Wesker’s vault animation is already over - then going toward him.

    I dunno if he’s supposed to lose collision or not when vaulting with his power.

    I don't think there is anything specific known about what is considered "too close", however it would make sense that anything that allows Survivors to clip through him and vault back safely would be considered that.

    As for his collision, I believe everyone loses collision while vaulting something. My best guess for why that is is so people don't get stuck inside of each other after performing a vault with someone else on the other side, which has the sideeffect of allowing for scenarios like this to happen.

  • or.. you could break the pallet. Seems to be fine.

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    or.. you could break the pallet. Seems to be fine.

    The point they’re saying is that per the patch notes the survivor is supposed to take damage if they’re too close on the other side of the pallet specifically to prevent them from 100% being able to vault back over on reaction to Wesker vaulting. But that’s exactly what is happening in this clip, it looks like it might be a bug where Wesker is automatically doing damage on the other side to survivors right next to him like he’s supposed to.

    This probably should be moved to the Bug report section.

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    or.. you could break the pallet. Seems to be fine.

    Or.. the game and it’s features could work properly?? Lol only in DBD do you see bugs accepted as the norm and people told to deal with it

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3183003#Comment_3183003

    The point they’re saying is that per the patch notes the survivor is supposed to take damage if they’re too close on the other side of the pallet specifically to prevent them from 100% being able to vault back over on reaction to Wesker vaulting. But that’s exactly what is happening in this clip, it looks like it might be a bug where Wesker is automatically doing damage on the other side to survivors right next to him like he’s supposed to.

    This probably should be moved to the Bug report section.

    Why should survivors be prevented from vaulting back on over? That is active, fun counterplay. If the Wesker sees them do it, just break the pallet. problem solved, seems like it shouldn't be touched. fine the way it is.

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3183019#Comment_3183019

    Why should survivors be prevented from vaulting back on over? That is active, fun counterplay. If the Wesker sees them do it, just break the pallet. problem solved, seems like it shouldn't be touched. fine the way it is.

    Nobody said they can’t vault back over. The patch notes say they’re supposed to take damage if they’re too close to the pallet when Wesker vaults though and that’s apparently not happening so it’s probably a bug.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3183033#Comment_3183033

    Nobody said they can’t vault back over. The patch notes say they’re supposed to take damage if they’re too close to the pallet when Wesker vaults though and that’s apparently not happening so it’s probably a bug.

    I searched bug reports this morning, and someone actually reported the opposite as a bug: the survivor going down when they vaulted as Wesker. So sometimes it works, and other times not it seems.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3183043#Comment_3183043

    I searched bug reports this morning, and someone actually reported the opposite as a bug: the survivor going down when they vaulted as Wesker. So sometimes it works, and other times not it seems.

    All the more reason I think the original poster should repost this as a Bug Report.

  • you have to be really quick when they do that and turn around immediately, I’ve hit a couple survivors with the tentacle slap after vaulting when they try to get behind you

  • Wesker is OP and literally p2w, if anything he should be nerfed, not buffed, and nerfed hard to that

  • @Junylar said:

    Wesker is OP and literally p2w, if anything he should be nerfed, not buffed, and nerfed hard to that

    skill issue honestly, wesker is not op

  • @Junylar said:

    Wesker is OP and literally p2w, if anything he should be nerfed, not buffed, and nerfed hard to that

    just dont let matches go on for longer than 7 minutes

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    "Just ignore the patch note that says it should be possible, stop bringing attention to the bug, break the pallet and take the time loss that wasn't intended for this killer and power, and move on."

    Man, if only everyone just, you know, didn't bring attention to bugs and played. The game would be in a much better spot right now.

    I don't think its a bug. when you vault the pallet, if the survivor is right next to the pallet, you will hit them, but if you move away from pallet, when he is putting away his Uroboros, you walk through him since he has no active hitbox when in cooldown.

    Cooldowns for killers allow you to walk past killer such as huntress hitting with hatchet allow you to walk past her. Cast-times such as... wraith uncloak retain the killer hitbox so wraith can for example bodyblock you during uncloaking. It is not bug. its how dbd mechanic work.

  • No fix for this in the update that I'm seeing, which sucks.