Rank 1 personal playstle
I'll start. Some "rules" that I follow. With rank 10-20 that I can hook 2 times each very fast I'll let them escape. My sacrifice is the only category that is not maxed, but almost to the top so I can confirm a 28k+ very easy. I know when the game is won and making some extra BP is not a bad idea. Most of us want high BP games.
For good players is ok to don't tunnel/focus one player. 2 hooks each if possible. Mind games represent a good weapon against skilled players too.
Comments
Lets see, my "rules" for playing killer at rank one are normally
I don't dodge a lobby even if I know I am going to get bullied, I have to play with good players to learn.
Never run NOED. I feel like other perks are much more fun and running it ruins fun for the survivors.
Last guy always gets the hatch as long as they didn't run DS.
T bagging and last second switching will get you face-camped. I don't care if it costs me the game.
I don't have set "rules" for myself.
Tho I usually :
Holy ######### that is very similar to me. Although for me, if I find hatch first, it's normally mine unless I get bored.
I couldnt agree with you more about the other ones though. Especially tbagging lol
Show No mercy and if they're bullying you, bully them back. Watch the end game screen fill with salt and tears.
I get bullied a lot because I main leatherface (who could really really use a buff to that chainsaw!!) I dont really try for rank on either side so I stay somewhere from 8 to 15 on both killer/surv use to main survivor but I play both now pretty regularly.
I never play toxic on either side of the ball but I do camp if the doors are powered. I get sh*t for this but to me survivors have a choice you can leave or come to me and keep the game going. If you choose to stay then dont be mad at me for what happens after that. I'll often times end up with 3 or 4K from this end game because many are usually on death hook when they decide to give it a try against a camping leatherface with his chainsaw rev'd and I'm the #########. Hahaha
Same with lunch boxes. They stay with me.
If I don't see you all game, you get the hatch. I respect stealth, not Kobes.
If I grab you saving someone in the basement, tough luck you're both getting camped.
My personal rules are I have no personal rules.
Made up rules are for scrubs - I'm here to destroy everything in front of me. GG if you best me.
^
I just tryhard as soon as I play rank 1.
Usually on Hag/Billy. If people complain, I just suggest them to rank down.
For survivor: Rush gens, but if I can I hide till killer checks the gen I want to start with. Saves are in the last 50-60% struggle or 10-30% second hook struggle. I'll take toolbox or medkit 90% of time. Always check for ruin if it's on, but a 3 bypass gen touch is an option too. Tap dull totems for thrill chance.
Pallet loops are not an option as I prefer mindgames and tactical aproach.
Perks: Bond, WMI, Empathy, BT, Leader, WGLF (for farm). No self care as I rely on bond or a medkit.
No BM, just the campers get special one.
You have to think about killer's perks like BBQ, NOED, etc and anticipate, adapt.
On Xbox most games are typically 2-4 player SWF, so I patrol hooks pretty closely because I know fools will be overly altruistic.
Dstrike or constant looping = you’re getting camped.
All NOED all the time.
As Survivor:
Gen rush.
I don’t run any exhaustion perks outside of Adrenaline sometimes.
Never run Dstrike.
All WGLF all the time but only safe rescues.
my rules as killer?
If there are survivors nearby the hook, then I'm sorry sirrie but ya getting camped.
Hatch might be given if the other side played respectfully (no t-bagging) and didn't run DS (ya got one second-chance, you don't need a third)
As solo survivor?
All teammates are expendable and will be left on a dime if necessary for my own survival, imma go hatch if two people are dead before the second gen is finished.
I always gen-rush
I always loop (against non-Nurse's
I always say GG at the end of a game (both sides)
Compliments are given to the other side if they played well (especially to fellow billy mains)
As killer I have no rules, usually I slugg the DS or let him bleed out, but you can hardly call that a rule.
No DS as survivor
I don't have any rules because I know I will break them, but usually at rank 1
If 1 DC, I play as normal. Survivors still have more than enough tools to escape just missing 1 person. If two or more, I will usually just watch youtube and let them escape. I used to farm but that is boring.
EDIT: I don't have survivor code. These are more actual rules that I won't break. (Only rank 10, so they may change a little at rank 1)
No Mither and no Exhaustion unless I haven't played for a while
If you DS me or play toxic, I won't give you any freebies. I will punish every mistake and not care what happens to you.
If you don't DS me and play nice, I'll give you some freebies. I won't make it easy for you, but if you are on last hook and I can afford to chase someone else I will let you go. If I keep finding you though I will kill you.
If your team played well and was not toxic, and you get at least 2 gens done, I will probably give you the hatch. I'll kill everyone and chase you like I will kill, but then I carry you to the hatch or let you escape my grasp and chase you again until you find the hatch.
If gates are powered all bets are off and I will do what it takes to secure a pip.
If I know for a fact I already pipped (eg. 2 dead, 2 gens left) I will screw around a bit more if you weren't toxic. I also like to gamble sometimes, for example had a game last week as Freddy where I kept the game going for a LONG time and it came down to 2 survivors and 1 gen. It was Haddonfield and they REALLY wanted this last gen in the middle of the street. Jake was asleep and injured but kept trying to get the gen, and I wanted to find the Feng who was hiding somewhere. They played well and it was a definite pip likely 2 pip, so I figured I'll let Feng go, and gave Jake a chance to show me how big his survivor balls were. I chased him off the gen one last time, then stopped, hit the gen with my claw and walked away. He got the message I was letting him do the gen, I took the gamble that he would probably get away if he had Adren. I stood behind a fence in a way I wouldn't be able to hit or sleep him right away when he finished, and let him do the rest of the gen. He ended up not having Adren and I killed him when he finished. Feng escaped, and I gave the guy props for having some big balls to do that right in front of me without Adren.
For some this may be useful
get 4 bbq stacks, kill the rest of the survivors
My rules are pretty simple.
If someone has decisive strike I play unfair and how I want to, including camping, tunneling etc.
If no one has decisive strike and the gens are not rushed I play for fun and let the last one escape if I even kill all 3 survivors.
Sometimes I'll let them go, or play "Hook Immunity" if there are 3 ppl.
Sometimes I'll hard camp if I have a stupid chasing daily with a killer I'm bad with. I
Sometimes I'll tunnel an easy target, sometimes I'll tunnel the unsafe rescuer/sandbagger.
Most of the time I give up on the 3rd kill giving the hatch to the 4th, but that's just cuz it's the hatch... A built in freebie escape. #saltykiller
It just depends on how my mood is compared to the survivors I'm facing.
Good topic for starters! Have a look if you're new and feel free to comment. See you in the fog!