Urban evasion gamers..

Anytime I see teammates running urban evasion (usually self care too) I instantly know we’re gonna lose. Usually the Claudette’s crouch walking the perimeter of the map and locker hopping the entire game. So frustrating sometimes. 😂

Comments

  • I can't wait to use Urban Evasion. Maybe I will use Self Care and play as Claudette.

  • @Gary_Coleman said:

    I can't wait to use Urban Evasion. Maybe I will use Self Care and play as Claudette.

    if that’s what your heart desires!

  • You made it sound like fun. i haven't used those perks in years.

  • Urban evasion is still a perk?

  • If you use it right, there's nothing wrong with it, just like Self Care. It's saved me many times before.

  • @Gary_Coleman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3167626#Comment_3167626

    You made it sound like fun. i haven't used those perks in years.

    I remember when I first started playing. I was running baby nea with urban.. good times.

  • @My_Aespa said:

    If you use it right, there's nothing wrong with it, just like Self Care. It's saved me many times before.

    Ehhhh. It’s just MAJORITY of the time.. they prove to be useless teammates.

  • @RatbasterdJr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3167631#Comment_3167631

    I remember when I first started playing. I was running baby nea with urban.. good times.

    Yeah, I had a nostalgia flashback. When ya didn't have a lot of perks to choose from, those were some of the go to perks during early gameplay.

  • Urban evasion and self care paired with spine chill and sprint burst and a good amount of being allergic to gens = my solo Q teammates.

  • @Gary_Coleman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3167649#Comment_3167649

    Yeah, I had a nostalgia flashback. When ya didn't have a lot of perks to choose from, those were some of the go to perks during early gameplay.

    Back when looping wasn’t a thing. xD

  • @MaudetteClorel said:

    Urban evasion and self care paired with spine chill and sprint burst and a good amount of being allergic to gens = my solo Q teammates.

    I feel your pain. It’s only at night. During the mid day, my teams are usually solid.

  • I feel you... I dont even know why im sometimes paired with these survivors.

    For some weird reason urban evasioners have been on the rise and self care is still very much used and without botany knowledge.

    As a killer i have field day with these survivors only problem is i can never find them urban evasionin and spine chilling in some bush but when i do they usually go down like sack or rice. As a survivor i think about my life choises while i hang on hook or sit on a gen and see this random urban evasion survivor pass by without doing anything else.

    These survivors are the ones that dont do anything quite usually too. I can loop the killer for 2-3 gens timewise but they have been too busy hiding instead of touching and gen.

  • @Hannacia said:

    I feel you... I dont even know why im sometimes paired with these survivors.

    For some weird reason urban evasioners have been on the rise and self care is still very much used and without botany knowledge.

    As a killer i have field day with these survivors only problem is i can never find them urban evasionin and spine chilling in some bush but when i do they usually go down like sack or rice. As a survivor i think about my life choises while i hang on hook or sit on a gen and see this random urban evasion survivor pass with.

    These survivors are the ones that dont do anything quite usually too. I can loop the killer for 2-3 gens timewise but they have been too busy hiding instead of touching and gen.

    Atleast somebody feels my exact pains. You get it. 🥹

  • It’s not just Claudettes 0.0

    https://giphy.com/gifs/AjImtyYtq5uZQ62ase https://giphy.com/gifs/ba2AicHOEzg6gCrdYm

    A bonus one of a different Jane trying to hide in a bush LOL 😂 😂 while someone else was being chased.

    https://giphy.com/gifs/eOyYtVaW10EgheUuOT


  • @RatbasterdJr said:

    Anytime I see teammates running urban evasion (usually self care too) I instantly know we’re gonna lose. Usually the Claudette’s crouch walking the perimeter of the map and locker hopping the entire game. So frustrating sometimes. 😂

    Might be a self-fullfilling-prophecy then. You know instantly, and play accordingly, to make yourself lose.

    Because that Claudette is not the only one using urban evasion, the one that uses it to activly juke the killer after a 2 minute chase (thats me usually, by the way) just to go back to her nearly-finished gen is not the reason you are losing, beside running urban evasion.

  • @Hannacia said:

    I feel you... I dont even know why im sometimes paired with these survivors.

    For some weird reason urban evasioners have been on the rise and self care is still very much used and without botany knowledge.

    As a killer i have field day with these survivors only problem is i can never find them urban evasionin and spine chilling in some bush but when i do they usually go down like sack or rice. As a survivor i think about my life choises while i hang on hook or sit on a gen and see this random urban evasion survivor pass with.

    These survivors are the ones that dont do anything quite usually too. I can loop the killer for 2-3 gens timewise but they have been too busy hiding instead of touching and gen.

    The use of self care is easily explained, its reliability. I usually use CoH nowadays, but i get games where the Claudette running self care just breaks every single dull totem she finds, making CoH useless (even using CoH as a marker to find the totems once the killer snuffed them). In this games, i wish i brought self care instead, because you know that this Claudette will a)not hit a single healing skill check, and b) running away when she hears a heartbeat, bodyblocking you in the process if able.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I do know someone who always runs it. It's painful to watch. They will use it the whole match. Only time they don't is when in chase with the killer.

    So...how you're meant to use it? It's a stealth perk. People often wonder how the killer could possibly find them as if they don't go sprinting off across the map leaving scratch marks everywhere.

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3167876#Comment_3167876

    The use of self care is easily explained, its reliability. I usually use CoH nowadays, but i get games where the Claudette running self care just breaks every single dull totem she finds, making CoH useless (even using CoH as a marker to find the totems once the killer snuffed them). In this games, i wish i brought self care instead, because you know that this Claudette will a)not hit a single healing skill check, and b) running away when she hears a heartbeat, bodyblocking you in the process if able.

    I use a lot of aura reading as a killer and i see these self carers quite often in a corner of a map...you know ill be going to them next.

    They also ruin the game for others survivors when they are selfcaring 40+ seconds in a corner..even longer if against slobby. It might be realiable but sometimes its better to stay injured and not heal all the time. Imagine legion, are you going to self care every 20 seconds? If so you might as well roll over and surrender at that point.

  • @Hannacia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3168154#Comment_3168154

    I use a lot of aura reading as a killer and i see these self carers quite often in a corner of a map...you know ill be going to them next.

    They also ruin the game for others survivors when they are selfcaring 40+ seconds in a corner..even longer if against slobby. It might be realiable but sometimes its better to stay injured and not heal all the time. Imagine legion, are you going to self care every 20 seconds? If so you might as well roll over and surrender at that point.

    You are aware that unlike, say, sprint burst, you dont have to use self care, right? You have the option to use it, but the game is not making you use it no matter what.

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3168171#Comment_3168171

    You are aware that unlike, say, sprint burst, you dont have to use self care, right? You have the option to use it, but the game is not making you use it no matter what.

    My point was too many survivors are afraid to stay injured, and a lot of the self care gamers are like that. They self care no matter what wasting a lot of time for others. Its literally 3vs1 at that point when 1 person is always behind a wall. Same can be said to urban evasioners. A lot of them are too busy being behind something and just crouching and making the game 3vs1 which is good for killer not so good for the teammates.

    This is at least for me why soloQ is such an issue + the ragequits but thats a different topic

  • @Hannacia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3168175#Comment_3168175

    My point was too many survivors are afraid to stay injured, and a lot of the self care gamers are like that. They self care no matter what wasting a lot of time for others. Its literally 3vs1 at that point when 1 person is always behind a wall. Same can be said to urban evasioners. A lot of them are too busy being behind something and just crouching and making the game 3vs1 which is good for killer not so good for the teammates.

    This is at least for me why soloQ is such an issue + the ragequits but thats a different topic

    Well, the last patch pushed the balance in chases more in favor of the killer, and a lot of players are not that good at chases to begin with. Yes, they could stay injured, but if they go down in 5 seconds because the killer comes to their gen, it becomes a 3v1 very fast anyway.

    But yes, a lot of survivors lack the judgement on when to use self care and when not to.

  • @Hannacia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3168154#Comment_3168154

    I use a lot of aura reading as a killer and i see these self carers quite often in a corner of a map...you know ill be going to them next.

    They also ruin the game for others survivors when they are selfcaring 40+ seconds in a corner..even longer if against slobby. It might be realiable but sometimes its better to stay injured and not heal all the time. Imagine legion, are you going to self care every 20 seconds? If so you might as well roll over and surrender at that point.

    As a survivor main, it doesn't really bother me. I'd much rather they bring CoH and we can all get some use out of it... but then you can argue they're wasting more time doing the boon + self heal. But at times I understand the need for it.


    With how the game is now, the new playstyle tends to be that people don't heal anymore. They rescue then run off to do a gen and leave you to self heal or they run off to self heal. It only annoys me when I'm clearly waiting to heal them, at times with another survivor, and they ignore you and continue to self heal which takes twice as long as a double third party heal. Madness.

  • @jajay119 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3168138#Comment_3168138

    So...how you're meant to use it? It's a stealth perk. People often wonder how the killer could possibly find them as if they don't go sprinting off across the map leaving scratch marks everywhere.

    You should be teching it in your build if you're facing a lot of the following killers:

    • Deathslinger (Crouch when they aim on loops they can hit you over while standing)
    • Demogorgon (Debatable but you can crouch-tech shreds more easily)
    • Ghostface (Debatable since you can just reveal them but helps prevent getting stalked on loops they can see you over)
    • Hag (Crouch past traps faster)
    • Huntress (Crouch when they pull up a hatchet on loops they can hit you over while standing)
    • Myers (Helps prevent getting stalked on loops you can see over)
    • Nemesis (Crouch when they pull up the tentacle on loops they can hit you over while standing)
    • Plague (Crouch when they puke on you on loops they can hit you over while standing)
    • Pyramid Head (Crouch to walk past trails of torment without getting tormented)
    • Trickster (Crouch when they throw knives on loops they can hit you over while standing)
    • Twins (No killer instinct while crouching lets you crouch up to victor to kick him faster while idle)