Reassurance shouldn't work through floors
Reassurance shouldn't work through floors. The perk was given a short range for a reason, and people are bypassing this by safely using this perk on a different floor. The range should be lowered so it can't work through floors. Or BHVR should figure out how to separate horizontal range from vertical range, so the vertical range can be lowered.
Comments
No thanks. Reassurance is weak enough as it is; there is no reason to take what little functionality it still has.
Reassurance should've not stopped the skill checks in second stage. But only prevent it from taking away time.
Initial reassurance would've destroyed camping Bubbas.
Reassurance should not have such a short distance in the first place, at least not after the Nerf. It should also not notify the Killer that it is used. (They will notice it anyway, but at least not super-obvious)
I'm fine with Reassurance telling the killer it's been used because the ideal gameplay situation was to get them to stop camping and do something else.
Of course, after it got whacked with the nerf bat, killers... aren't actually incentivized to leave the hook anymore, even if they do notice Reassurance. So.
It's already a relatively weak perk that will get use once every 20 games. If anything it needs a buff so it works better for soloQ players.
What happened? Problems with facecamping?
What needs to be destroyed is facecamping bubba in general
I really think they should stop ignoring the issue and just change his power. I know they likely don't want to make his power unusuable around hooks because you know how people are they'd abuse the hell out of it
But they can't just leave it as is, imo.
all these people making fun of you lol it’s already super weak how hard you camping my guy
If people really did feel like the perk was "super weak", then they wouldn't care if the unintended part of the perk got fixed.
Yeah, I think it would be less effective if the killer doesn't get the notification. Unless the killer is really dedicated to the camp, the notification is probably the point where they decide it isn't worth it anymore. If they're smart at least.
It’s a super altruistic perk the whole point of it is to stop someone from dying certain maps require you to use it below or above like RPD it’s hard to get to other survivors on a lot of these maps why you whining about reassurance when hyper focus exists lol
There's nothing unintentional about it though
The perk says 6m, if you're within 6m of the hook - you can use it.
Boons do the same thing
Killer perks that reveal survivor auras within a certain range do the same thing (Undying, Bitter Murmur, Darkness Revealed)
If you want it fixed for Reassurance, then you're likely asking for it to be changed on all of these perks as well since they all function the same.
The whole point of the perk is to punish facecamping and give the killer a new target at the same time, so the perk is both a punishment and a motivation to stop facecamping. You want to bypass the motivation part of the part, and just make it a punishment for the killer.
The motivation is that if you don't stop camping, you're gonna lose gens. Where it is triggered from doesn't change that a whole lot.
If you're camping hard enough you shouldn't care about gens
Exactly and using it below or above a face camper is safer like I’m not gonna run up 6 meters near a bubba and go down just to use it this dude is a tru3 type of guy :0
That's not a positive motivation. It's just a lack of punishment.
Avoiding a punishment isn't the most effective form of motivation, but it is a form of motivation nonetheless.
You see Reassurance proc, go find someone. You shouldn't also need a carrot dangled right in front of your nose.
I mean, when Reassurance was actually decent, yes, the notification was fine. But now with its weak state, it is not really needed. And in the end, the Killer will notice it anyway.
Just so we can all be completely pedantic........
The whole point of the perk is to punish facecamping and give the killer a new target at the same time, so the perk is both a punishment and a POSITIVE MOTIVATION to stop facecamping.
The perk can be used to punish facecamping
But the perk itself is there to let you enable a teammate to hang on the hook longer. That has more applications other than just punishing purely facecamping.
If the perk was truly to punish facecamping, it would idk be infinite until the killer leaves the area or something. A killer facecamping someone is gonna keep facecamping them whether it takes 60s or 90.
Just so we can all be completely pedantic on top of being completely pedantic........
The whole point of the perk is to give a NEGATIVE MOTIVATION for facecamping and give the killer a new target at the same time, so the perk is both a NEGATIVE MOTIVATION for facecamping and a POSITIVE MOTIVATION to DO SOMETHING OTHER THAN facecamping.
There's nothing pedantic my guy, I'm using what the perk says
The perk is there to let you give your teammates more time on a hook.
It says nothing about making yourself a target.
Sure it's reasonable to say once a Killer realises the perk has been used that they go for someone else but the perk doesn't make them do that. Like I said, an actual facecamping killer is gonna keep facecamping whether it takes 60s or 90s for that person to die
Also again I'm gonna reiterate the perk is working as intended, all 'range' based things go through walls. Survivor Perks, Killer perks, Powers.
Why do you think the range is only 6 meters? Why do you think BHVR avoided making the range something much larger like 16 meters?
Enough the unnecessary nerf that destroyed the perk's solidity, now you want to change specifically how the effectiveness radius of this perk works? (already a niche meme perk only for swfs)
Ps: The nerf had the sole purpose of preventing take the game hostage, but instead of ruining the perk activating once per hook, it was enough to not make the skillchecks disappear, and when survivor miss 2 in a row, the survivor dies anyway.
Because 6m is a safe number, knowing BHVR they likely knew the perk would be a v popular pick and as such wanted to make it not as easy to use as something like Kinship.
btw you know Darkness Revealed shows auras of survivors within 8m of any locker
Which means you could be above or below a locker but the perk will still reveal you? That's what you're complaining about it. It's how all perks work. Third time I'm reiterating this point
If this is really a "niche meme perk only for swfs" then why would you care if it got nerfed again? Nerfing SWFs should be a good thing, right?
I'm complaining that a perk, that was designed to be a risk to the survivor, is having its risk circumvented by safely activating it on a different floor.
All I have to say to that is
If it's not intended to work this way, I'm sure it'll be fixed.
But the opposite is also true.
Obviously, I already said punishment alone wasn't as effective, and it's established that the perk has been significantly nerfed. But it should still have the same general effect.
I personally don't feel like the killer should also need bait dangled in front of their face to stop camping. And if the punishment alone isn't enough, survs can still try to bait the killer as they always have.
And if neither of those things work then none of it was going to work regardless.
If you feel as a killer that it is only fair that you also get rewarded with an instant chase for the trouble of not playing like a jerk, it doesn't reflect well on you. I broke into DBD as a killer, play a lot of killer, and am very sympathetic to legitimate killer difficulties, of which there are many.
I am not sympathetic to campers.
Triggering Reassurance through the floor/ceiling is not an issue, imo. In fact, I think it's one aspect of it that should absolutely apply everywhere, especially at basement.
Or they would care precisely because it was a super promising perk that got nerfed into something weak and you're proposing taking away the last decent thing it has going for it that would maybe convince you to bring it.
Okay, I go 6m into Bubba's basement to apply Reassurance. He chainsaws me back up the stairs, then brings me back down to continue camping. I buy 30 seconds on my teammate's timer at the cost of joining my teammate in the basement. Why did I bring this perk again?
More than that, it shouldn't be the job of a survivor perk to provide a carrot for the killer. That's very wacky design philosophy. Perks are meant to help you and hinder your opponents first and foremost, and avoiding the perk is the other side's motivation, just like survivors are pushed to play in otherwise inopportune ways to counter the killer's perks. That's part of why perks like Dying Light, No Mither, and Calm Spirit are so criticized.
If I wanted to give the killer a new target, I wouldn't use Reassurance, I'd just hook trade.
I care because like CoH, Parental Guidance, blast mine, and now ressurance, these all had the robustness of being viable and helping all types of players, and the devs' reaction was to either randomly nerf perks that weren't even relevant or just listen part of the feedback from a portion of the community and "tweaking" only flat numbers and take the >easy way<, which is balancing to lessen the effectiveness of perks to everyone and not only for SWF.
And since there are few perks that avoid face-camp (2 in the whole game that are pure band-aids from game design errors), if you nerf what already has restricted use for SWF, the perk will have 0% pick -rate. The way is not to make the perk dead, it is to rework it.
BHVR is supposed to be bridging the gap between solo q and SWF. Making a perk that makes the gap even wider should be corrected.
It would be great if someone from BHVR could chime in, and tell us if it's intended for this perk to work through floors.
If that's your stance, then I sincerely hope you'd agree Eruption is an issue...
However, I disagree with this take. Pre-nerf Reassurance was far more solo-independent than the current version, which requires several people to bring it for true anti-facecamp effectiveness. But that's not related to the fact that it works through floors. You don't need to be on comms to figure out how to use that; it's pretty caveman-level. If you know the map and you understand that basement bad, you can drop Reassurance through a floor.
But sure, go ahead, ask BHVR.
Exactly. The ability to attempt to bait a chase is something that survs have always had. What they could never do before was apply a punishment, so I think that is really the primary feature of the perk.
As for whether or not it was intended to work between floors, every other radius based perk I can think of works between floors, so I would guess it was intended/assumed this one would as well.