Anyone else having a miserable time against wesker
I was honestly excited for the chapter playing PTB, but now that he is out he is just getting more and more annoying and frustrating to play against, does not help that you get animation locked constantly.
FUN TO PLAY THO
Comments
Having a miserable time playing Wesker.
Haven't seen a Survivor under P50 and I haven't been able to get ANY hits with his power yet.
Games are lasting 5 minutes and I'm getting taken to Ormond, Coldwind, Garden of Pain, ect.
######### miserable time.
Garden of pain, does sound annoying with his power, though I have been having a decent time on Ormond and the majority of cold wind maps
I have zero opportunity to learn because everyone put on their tryhard pants today it seems.
Everybody is playing perfectly and I don't want to facecamp someone just so that I can use my power. I guess my MMR is too high or something and it just stuck me with players who are way to good for a Killer that I haven't even begun to learn.
Either way, I'm super ######### angry and really frustrated, sorry.
The trick is to realize his power is completely worthless, easy to dodge (or even have phase right through you) and just loop him like an M1 killer. If you fear his power and respect it he will cancel it and get an actual M1, but unlike Pyramid Head his power isn't actually threatening.
I enjoy vsing him for the most part but it sucks to hear people are having issues playing him. Haven't tried him myself yet
I'm hoping to see some tweaks in the hotfix next week (Since we always have one a week after a release, like clockwork)
I would honestly wait until the hotfix.
He's so frustrating and I would liken him to PTB Blight.
The potential is there but oh boy does he suck right now.
Yeah I just saw a clip from Hens 2nd channel where he (and I mean literally) dashes straight through someone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVOayhDfuaYIs this the kind of thing you experienced as well? It's kinda like old DH using I frames to phase through stuff level of frustrating LOL
Yes, here's a clip from someone else on the Forums.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFI5zUNgUO0&t=1s&ab_channel=TrueMortalI had a friend send me a clip of Wesker sliding off of him TWICE.
Yeah it's my experience as well. Always getting the most try hard teams on the worst maps and being like I guess I ain't allow to have fun learning a new killer.
LOL that must be one tight hitbox
Jesus.
Yeah, I think my best Killer is Nemesis, considering he's the only one I've consistently had get 8K+ hour players.
Seeing the same people when I play Wesker.
It's like a needle.
Considering you can't adjust it at all during the Bound, it should be bigger.
I know people are still learning his power, and I have the avantage of having played on PTB for a whole week against Wesker, but...
I'm spinning every Wesker I've run into. It's so effortless, and I wasn't able to do this on the PTB, so I'm guessing they HEAVILY nerfed his hitbox detection.
I am a little concerned how well he is able to tunnel survivors, and the effects that will have on the health of the game, but so far he has been fun to face because no one I've seen knows how to make him oppressive
Yeah, I'm having the same experience. He's exceedingly easy to juke. Hell, sometimes I don't do anything and they juke themselves. Just sail right past me. He certainly doesn't feel unfair or unfun to me; I'm thinking they need to loosen up his hitbox, if anything. He was much more threatening on the PTB.
You don't even need to "juke" Wesker. His power is so buggy that half the time you'll do a first dash to get around the corner and then the game will just refuse to let you dash a second time despite having a second charge ready to go.
Kinda? I can't tell cause my frames are so bad.
Yeah, I'm sliding off Survivors, going through them or just not damaging them when I hit them.
I'd say he's pretty far from unfair to Survivors rn
I wonder if any of it is related to hit validation, or if its really just a pencil-thin margin for error with his ability. I've seen clips of Weskers sliding off survivors and it just doesn't make sense to me.
None of my survivors have had any issues figuring out how to play against his power. Jokes on them, however, I am used to m1 killers.
It seems really hard to reliably hit with his power so I just play him as an m1 killer :p
I'd assume it's directly hitbox related. On the PTB, he was bumping into lots of environmental objects, and that was one of the stated fixes. Seems like making him less generous with survivor hits was a side effect of him not scuffing the barest sides of bushes and boxes.
That said, there definitely seem to be issues with survivor slam detection too. There's been several times where I've been thrown into a wall and received no damage, most often when I'm extremely close to the object, or very far and he yeets me into it. There was also one time where Wesker got stuck in the throwing animation for a good 7-10 seconds, in very slow motion, before I actually got slammed.
All the jankiness has gotten me in the habit of just standing and giving a free hit if something screwy happens and the Wesker by all rights should have gotten a hit on me.
my games have been fun so far, both as and against. My very first survivor game we got a 4E because Wesker only counted down for basekit BT 😎
Haven't escaped one match against Wesker yet. I didn't get a chance to play PTB, so currently trying to figure out his playstyle and power, but every match has been the same where everyone is tunneled straight off hook, anti tunnel changes be damned with how fast he can catch up.
Yes but only because more than half of my matches they were camping and tunneling from the start of the match.
Something I've noticed if you hold his power in the open like a Huntress hatchet you can catch survivors running right back into hid power.
Also don't use his power on small loops is pointless he's made to counter long loops with his power imo.
Or you decide not to use the second dash but it won't put your tentacle away tell its forced slowing you way down.
...That explains so much. I kept thinking I must have charged the power up with only one token.
i still dont know what wesker is actually supposed to do. whenever he raises his hand, all i have to change in my looping is litearlly NOTHING, he will in only 1/10 scenarios even have an angle to launch. the power charge-up is too slow imo. if they're going to put him at what seems to be the same speed as survivor during power charge, then they need to make him have faster charge-up. right now, i take hits more by basic attacks instead of his power, which is extremely concerning. to me, his power is like a bootleg demogorgon lunge.
Oh damn dude yeah I do think that is more of a skill issue in that case. His dashes are definitely harder to hit now.
I enjoy Weskers as much as I enjoy nemesis (except his crack adicts), demo, etc. All of these killers, due to their powers, make it extremely easy to greed pallets. And with wekser, it also makes it super easy to extend chases that you otherwise couldn't due to distance: they use their power, which is super easy to dodge, then you get distance. My first game against Wesker, I used a bone for Macmillan. Someone else used an offering for garden of pain, that's where we went. As a returning player, this was my second time on that map, and I had no clue about its layout. But somehow, I managed to loop Wesker from 3 gens to 0 gens. And that was HELLA long, since my other teammates where scared of their own shadow. It must've taken at least 5 minutes. I'm definetly not that good at looping. It's just the fact that since the Wesker was greeding his power, I could always jump from loop to loop, barely using any pallets. In the end, I got adrenaline, ran into the house and walked my way into a dark corner to lose him and finally escape through the gates.
I seem to be running into all the Wesker's that can hit their bounds, haven't seen much of the bug while playing against him. Guess that's a good thing?
I agree is like plague vomit. So after playing even more of him I have determined his collision box is way to big is almost impossible to play tight around loops because I run into thin are all the time. I have ever started looking down and just missing out on chase to notice I ran into nothing.
I've had quite a few spots where he just won't use his power as well like I'm smashing the attack button and he just stands there. I've notice it happens at vault locations alot after a survivor vaults a window or pallet if I'm right behind them I can't vault after them. I've also notice that he will not vault windows sometimes but instead acting like I ran into something.
Well, I can say that after losing for the umpteenth time tonight (and being told to off myself to boot) that I'm done with him until they hotfix him.
It's incredibly difficult to hit Survivors who just spin in front of you. You will slide off.
Also, sorry if I sound angry, I've gotten spammed with ######### all night.
I’m having more fun going against him than playing him. Feels good to dodge and/or bait his rushes. I have to get used to playing as him. I don’t find him annoying or oppressive as Nurse- at least not yet. Hope it stays that way.