Is wesker that bad?

Every match I've had today against him and the killers dc. I've noticed some miss the power when it looks spot on, does he feel clunky or something?

Comments

  • @Ghoste said:

    Bugs aside, he seems underrated to me. Wesker players aren't finding it hard to 3/4K in my solo matches.

    Pretty much every killer can 3/4K in a solo match. That's not a high bar.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    They have a coding conundrum. If it's large, hits that look like hits, hit. But it also detects walls and objects and stops the rush. If it's too small, it gets past more of the objects he was bouncing off of in the PTB, but now when he misses, it's so much worse. Because not only do you not get the hit, but you probably traveled 10+ meters away from the survivor.

    They are 2 seperate boxes thought? They can increase the survivor hit box without the collision box. Atm they arent even the same.

  • They need to increase his hitbox just a little (not nearly as much as what it was on PTB) and fix his many bugs. Then reevaluate from there.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3167996#Comment_3167996

    You are just trying to make every buff to killers look like nothing but every nerf look like they hurt the killer so much.

    Forget it, there is no reason to even discuss this with someone like you. Believe what ever you want, if it makes you happier lmao.

    But I do have to address a few points. Pinhead, from the ptb into the live game, was buffed. His chains were buffed in numerous ways.

    Pyramid Head had almost 0 counterplay, because he had no cooldown after canceling his power. If you dropped the pallet, you'd get downed. If you didn't you'd also get downed. He now has a 1 second cooldown, during which he moves at about 3,6 M/S. I am also not sure what you are on about with his movement speed nerfed from 4,4 to 3,6 M/S. He still moves at 4,4 M/S when using his power.

    Also, the Artist nerf was not needed? What???

    And Plague's puke can easily be juked? Lmao what? There is a reason why survivors often prefer to stay broken the entire game instead of giving her power.

    No, you do not have any proper arguments. You are just looking at these things from what seems to be a very biased standpoint, that's all. But if you are one of those people that still believe killers are too weak then I guess there is nothing left to tell you anyways.

    you are the one that kept talking like someone biased, not me... i just stated the nerfs that killers got and you are attacking me for stating facts...

  • I’ve personally experienced the hit box weirdness when playing as Wesker but have done ok with him so long as I don’t ignore the fact that he has a basic attack at my disposal and not every situation calls for a bound. Not great, but reasonably ok - finally got adept trophy yesterday.

    That said, I’ve just been giving up as survivor against some of the Weskers I’ve been facing the past few days as in most games it seems we’re completely outmatched and prolonging the match is just being a bloodpoint farm for the killer.

    The summary of my experience is I don’t think he’s too bad when playing him as killer and I have no idea where people saying he’s bad are coming from when I’m playing against him as survivor.

  • @OniWantsUrLocation said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3160887#Comment_3160887

    I mean you got a point, BUT they announced the change a week ago in the Dev update. "We’ve slightly toned down the Survivor collision detection of The Mastermind’s bound."

    Oh, wait... now I feel even more scammed, because they reduced the collision detection for survivors by 50%. In what world is 50% considered "slighty"? 

    I mean this is the same company that had nurses brown addon "slightly" lower her missed swing cooldown penalty when in reality it removed it entirely

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3160358#Comment_3160358

    Why is he bad because of that? His hitbox is smaller than that of Demo, yes that's true. But I don't see that as much of a problem. It simply takes more skill to hit a survivor with the ability. And sure, survivors also have more counterplay by dodging his ability, but that's a good thing.

    His hit box and collision box now seem to be in a good state if you ask me.

    "His hit box and collision box now seem to be in a good state if you ask me."

    Seriously?

    Have you not seen the videos of Wesker literally rushing directly through survivors? His collision box isn't too bad but the hit box has serious issues.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    Every match I've had today against him and the killers dc. I've noticed some miss the power when it looks spot on, does he feel clunky or something?

    Ive noticed that sometimes you drop people for no reason when wesker uses his power. And if you take a look at his new power hitbox its is literally as wide as his neck and goes up and down his body

  • @Xane said:

    Wesker is a loser killer lmao. Garbage, nerfed, and boring to play.

    "Boring to play" Lmao

  • The biggest issue with his current hitbox is at short range it is simply not consistent if the survivor is dodging or moving erratically, forcing a guess and a high chance of missing, calling it a skill issue ignores the fact that at best getting a grab is a guess and can't be relied on regardless of killer skill.


    Coupe this with Weskers disproportionate loss of time for missing an ability if you account for charge/cooldown and being moved out of position, even worse if you throw a survivor without dealing damage. You only need to whiff 2-3 times in a game to have a huge impact on momentum, so you may well see Weskers in your games appearing to do well, but I think people are missing the whole game when they see it from 1 survivors pov.


    So it comes down to should Wesker be able to consistently land his ability or does he need to be doge able by switched on survivors consistently, given his ability needs los, is stopped by obstacles, has a lengthy wind up and cooldown and requires positioning to even deal damage, having the bound be fairly consistent to hit feels fair.

    If you go the other way, and require a higher degree of luck/mistakes from survivors to hit (notice i didn't say skill) then he needs a lesser penalty for missing a la the tweaks made to Pyramid head.

    I don't think its justified given his other limitations however, and just tweaking the hitbox back to 30cm or so is all thats needed.

  • @Nazzzak said:

    Wish I could try. Every game my ping is in the red. Did a test through my provider and all good, so I'm guessing I'm being put into far away servers?

    I had this problem for a month. Out of the blue, after not experiencing any issues for two years, I suddenly get only red lobbies. I contacted support but there was nothing they could do. Then one day, as out of the blue as the problem appeared, it disappeared again.

  • He's pretty damn good but boy does his hitbox and hit registration feel awful. Aside from clipping past survivors I've had issues where I run into them, the game registers the hit and infects them but immediately lets them go without damaging them for no reason. Heck I've had some matches where I'll toss them into the wall, they hit the wall and take no damage. Once these issues get fixed I'd say he's a pretty solid pick.

  • So my only real complaint with Wesker is that sometimes when he grabs a survivor they just take no damage for whatever reason

  • His Power is kinda clunky and very punishing if you missed.


    Slow channel and slow cancel cannot do fake like Slinger.

    Slow recovery if you missed too. I wish his add on can make recovery or channel faster tho.

  • Yeah pretty bad. Looks like being chased by a serious looking Felix. Bad aesthetic for sure. As for power, boring, chase music, average. Yeah a poor character overall.

1 2 3 ›