Wesker is the least fun killer to play against

His power is basically nurse - practically no recharge and covers the same distance just as fast. It can't go through walls, but with the buff it still hurts you over pallets and vaults, and he doesn't even have to have the skill to land it on you, you just need to be in its path.

In addition to this insane power, he's a full 4.6ms killer. On indoor maps it's nearly impossible to locate him due to his insane terror radius so he gets quasi-stealth on those maps, nullifying his disadvantage over nurse's ability to go through walls on those maps. And he gets a fun little minigame with infection too, adding a little bit of inbuilt slowdown on top.

You won't see sweats playing Blight anymore, that's for sure, Wesker vastly outclasses him.

See you guys in a week when hopefully this killer is being played less because facing him is utterly unbearable. Plus I have noone left to play with because my whole friends list already just dropped the game from this update.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Gary_Coleman said:

    What would be the best map to play against wesker on?

    Rotten Fields.

    He will just throw you into the corn doing no damage.

    Unless he uses the addons which increase the throw range. Maybe.

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/343716/wesker-is-the-least-fun-killer-to-play-against

    Have you even tried to play against him?

    His hitbox is very slim now. Like you are a cannonball. You either hit perfectly or don't. You can't decide when your dash hits the survivor, you can't lunge, you can't correct mit dash. It's hard countered by DH on long distances. If he misses, he goes the full distance.

    If he vaults in the wrong moment, you can chain loop him because of his cooldown. He can't M1 during that time.

    The "buff" was intended from the beginning. Blight is also 4.6m/s and has broken addons on top of that (*cough* ring *cough*). His 40m TR exists because of his slowdown. Which you never really have to deal with anyway. There are enough crates.

    Then I see you in a week. Probably still complaining because you won't have used that time to actually learn to vs him.

    You'd do a lot better if you read the post literally above yours lol.

  • @Pyrosorc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3161406#Comment_3161406

    You'd do a lot better if you read the post literally above yours lol.

    Sry if I missed that. But I usually answer to the op directly. Sometimes these discussions are very long.

    New RPD is interesting yes. I also need to relearn everything. Which will take some weeks

  • Here we go, i knew survivors would start crying as soon wesker was release, how in this world u said that? Not even 12hours from the release uand u already crying? jesus..

  • I frankly don't understand how someone can feel this way. I played against him during the PTB and lost almost every game. I had a blast. That was before I got to try him out playing as him (I didn't try him during the PTB, wait time was way too long). He's also dumb fun to play as. He doesn't feel at all like nurse to play against, but he does feel similar to nurse to use. All in all yesterday on release I was getting disappointed when the match wasn't against a Wesker, (which was happening more often than I thought, maybe not a lot of people at my MMR bought him).

    Now granted that's just an Opinion™ but I just am so on the polar opposite side of this that I cannot, for a second put myself in your shoes. He's not frustrating to fight against (at least not more than any other killer in the game, frustration kinda just comes from what happens). "Dumb fun" experiencing him from either role.

    Is he OP? No probably not. Could he use nerfs anyway to improve counterplay? Maybe? What should they be? Don't make the poor guy a tedious pain to use like poor Deathslinger. He's for sure "worse nurse", so for as long as nurse is allowed to exist as she does Wesky boi should get any nerfs. He does need a "buff" (more of a bug fix) in the form of making his hitbox more generous. People are being dashed through somehow.

  • Oh also on the note of "better than Blight", I don't think so? It's kind of too early to tell so anyone saying something like that now seems a bit silly. Ok Mr. Game Balance expert. Jokes aside I just disagree and bottom-line I think it's worth noting both takes are pretty uninformed.

  • @I_CAME said:

    My problem with Wesker is how good he is at tunneling. You're basically screwed if a semi decent Wesker wants to tunnel you when you're infected. Like how are you supposed to win in this scenario? You're already injured coming off the hook but now you're fully hindered on top of it. They should pause the infection while someone is being chased or for a period after being unhooked.

    Sorry if you're playing as Chris Redfield he has to tunnel you. He HAS to. If you're not he's probably mistaking you for Chris because of his stupid sunglasses at NIGHT or INDOORS.

  • @Pyrosorc said:

    His power is basically nurse - practically no recharge and covers the same distance just as fast. It can't go through walls, but with the buff it still hurts you over pallets and vaults, and he doesn't even have to have the skill to land it on you, you just need to be in its path.

    In addition to this insane power, he's a full 4.6ms killer. On indoor maps it's nearly impossible to locate him due to his insane terror radius so he gets quasi-stealth on those maps, nullifying his disadvantage over nurse's ability to go through walls on those maps. And he gets a fun little minigame with infection too, adding a little bit of inbuilt slowdown on top.

    You won't see sweats playing Blight anymore, that's for sure, Wesker vastly outclasses him.

    See you guys in a week when hopefully this killer is being played less because facing him is utterly unbearable. Plus I have noone left to play with because my whole friends list already just dropped the game from this update.

    -"His power is basically nurse - practically no recharge and covers the same distance just as fast."

    Watch some streamer like Otz, Dowsey, Bronx, Truetalent, Hens, or whomever is your killer of choice. Wesker's power is very difficult to hit with in live compared to the PTB. His power is a pre set distance meaning it is infinitely weaker than nurse who can make her blinks vary depending on how long you charge.

  • @Pyrosorc said:

    His power is basically nurse - practically no recharge and covers the same distance just as fast. It can't go through walls, but with the buff it still hurts you over pallets and vaults, and he doesn't even have to have the skill to land it on you, you just need to be in its path.

    In addition to this insane power, he's a full 4.6ms killer. On indoor maps it's nearly impossible to locate him due to his insane terror radius so he gets quasi-stealth on those maps, nullifying his disadvantage over nurse's ability to go through walls on those maps. And he gets a fun little minigame with infection too, adding a little bit of inbuilt slowdown on top.

    You won't see sweats playing Blight anymore, that's for sure, Wesker vastly outclasses him.

    See you guys in a week when hopefully this killer is being played less because facing him is utterly unbearable. Plus I have noone left to play with because my whole friends list already just dropped the game from this update.

    Are you high or something? Drinking a lot?

    You need to play with the killer before say something, because now you are ridiculous you know.

  • @RonMan32 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3161102#Comment_3161102

    Sorry if you're playing as Chris Redfield he has to tunnel you. He HAS to. If you're not he's probably mistaking you for Chris because of his stupid sunglasses at NIGHT or INDOORS.

    I never did it with other licenses, but with Wesker I mori every Chris I see.

  • @cilver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/343716/wesker-is-the-least-fun-killer-to-play-against

    have you seen the hitbox of it??? he is literally just a worse demogorgon in his current post-ptb state

    In one match on RPD when I dashed to a door with a survivor in it, I squeezed through that door as the survivor hugged the frame. I wish my RL hitbox was smaller than my body...

  • I don't mind going against him. I think he could use some work, I see lots of people complaining about the hit box issue.

    However. I will gladly take Wesker over Trickster any time, any day.

  • @Rizzo can we close this? I changed my opinion days ago and people are still replying to the first post without reading anything else. Had enough unmoderated personal attacks on something that's not even current.

  • Closed as requested.

1 2 ›