Drastically rising amount of disconnects and self-killing is making me loose love for this game

Hi!


Apologies if I am putting this in the wrong place-- I created a forum account today after 4 years of playing the game to make this post because I'm at my wits end.


For reference, by self-kill I mean the survivor kills themselves on hook from 0 hooks to dead from one hooking event OR, upon someone being able to unhook them fast enough so they can't kill themselves, the unhooked player runs at the killer to be downed and then killed.


Today, the number of rage DCs and self-killing is staggering. A year ago, a DC was rare and even then survivors and killers alike would feel bad about a DC, that they'd mutually farm for the remainder of the game. I'm not saying that was good or bad, but speaking to the rarity of the situation and mutual feeling of knowing rage DCs is a bad practice.

In the past day, only 2/10 games I solo queued for had no one rage DC or self-kill. DCs happen usually upon first down in the early game or right before death on second hook. The first situation is much more punishing. In response to this, someone usually self kills or DCs in short succession.


Please create heavier punishments for DCs past a grace 1 DC, or, tie it to a different punishment if it happens after a certain event (ex. A down). Additionally, please try to find a mechanism to either punish players for self -killing (0 hooks to death) or lower the punishment for the survivors that stay (bloodpoint and rank tick/pips specifically). A nice solution would be 0 de-pips if a player DCs your game regardless of what follows.


In either case, please, please do something. It's gotten so bad these past few updates that my friends and I are considering leaving after many happy years here. The DCs and self-kills have made the game incredibly not fun to play.


Thank you for your time reading this,

Mads

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Most people seem to agree with the sentiment I proposed.

  • @willymancer69 said:

    Then please don't play this game. If you do not have the patience or fortitude to follow basic team etiquette, this is not the game for you.

    You're not the only person looking to relax or have fun. You immediately screw over 3 other people's game if you DC or self-kill.

    I highly disagree; this game shouldn't be won at a 50/50 chance; this game is much more complex than that. It is a skill game, and folks should understand that.

    "I disagree with you, therefore you should not play this game"

    Guess what, we BOTH bought the game, and your definition of "etiquette" is not a universal one that everyone agrees to. Maybe your definition of etiquette says that you shouldn't DC, but someone else's etiquette says that the killer should not facecamp, or pick Midwich+Startstruck+Nurse, etc, so from their perspective, the killer broke the etiquette first, and the survivor who DC'd only broke it in retaliation.

    You'll probably reply something along the lines of "But tunneling/camping are fine strategies" well guess what, suiciding on hook is also a fine strategy, at least BHVR confirmed that it's not reportable.

  • @MaTtRoSiTy said:

    I play both survivor and killer and recently it dawned on me that I never DC as killer but I admit there are games where I do leave as survivor.

    As with other examples, I find it hard to blame team mates (not advocating) when we get a sweaty Nurse slugging at 5 gens and they don't want to play against it. The same with the huge increase in unnecessary tunnelling off hook even with 5 gens still up, how can people be expected to just tolerate this without complaint?

    I will be honest, I am currently on a 15 minute time out which is not something I like to admit but the games have been that horrible and I think I am just going to stop playing today as the vast majority of matches have not been enjoyable at all.

    I don't understand people who play killer and tunnel someone out at 5 gens so they inevitably DC and then the match is pretty much ruined. How can this be fun and can you really consider it a win that you made the match so unpleasant for someone else they decided leaving and taking a penalty is preferable to having to tolerate you?

    People don't really care about others. They just want to win. Sad but true

  • @Rudjohns said:

    The amount of tunnels and campings are killing my love for this game

    This! Tunneling and camping happens in almost every game I play. I hate even thinking about uninstalling DBD, but I'm getting to the point where I'm starting to hate this game.

  • @willymancer69 said:

    Hi!

    Apologies if I am putting this in the wrong place-- I created a forum account today after 4 years of playing the game to make this post because I'm at my wits end.

    For reference, by self-kill I mean the survivor kills themselves on hook from 0 hooks to dead from one hooking event OR, upon someone being able to unhook them fast enough so they can't kill themselves, the unhooked player runs at the killer to be downed and then killed.

    Today, the number of rage DCs and self-killing is staggering. A year ago, a DC was rare and even then survivors and killers alike would feel bad about a DC, that they'd mutually farm for the remainder of the game. I'm not saying that was good or bad, but speaking to the rarity of the situation and mutual feeling of knowing rage DCs is a bad practice.

    In the past day, only 2/10 games I solo queued for had no one rage DC or self-kill. DCs happen usually upon first down in the early game or right before death on second hook. The first situation is much more punishing. In response to this, someone usually self kills or DCs in short succession.

    Please create heavier punishments for DCs past a grace 1 DC, or, tie it to a different punishment if it happens after a certain event (ex. A down). Additionally, please try to find a mechanism to either punish players for self -killing (0 hooks to death) or lower the punishment for the survivors that stay (bloodpoint and rank tick/pips specifically). A nice solution would be 0 de-pips if a player DCs your game regardless of what follows.

    In either case, please, please do something. It's gotten so bad these past few updates that my friends and I are considering leaving after many happy years here. The DCs and self-kills have made the game incredibly not fun to play.

    Thank you for your time reading this,

    Mads

    Or very easy, make surrender Option for killer and surviver. So you know who surrender and who dont, and can place the people who surrender less likely together

  • @Saiph said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3304673#Comment_3304673

    "I disagree with you, therefore you should not play this game"

    Guess what, we BOTH bought the game, and your definition of "etiquette" is not a universal one that everyone agrees to. Maybe your definition of etiquette says that you shouldn't DC, but someone else's etiquette says that the killer should not facecamp, or pick Midwich+Startstruck+Nurse, etc, so from their perspective, the killer broke the etiquette first, and the survivor who DC'd only broke it in retaliation.

    You'll probably reply something along the lines of "But tunneling/camping are fine strategies" well guess what, suiciding on hook is also a fine strategy, at least BHVR confirmed that it's not reportable.

    That is not even remotely comparable, and the fact you tried is hilarious. One is quitting out to stop playing. The rest are continuing to play.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3304845#Comment_3304845

    People don't really care about others. They just want to win. Sad but true

    Agreed and the sad thing is that if you actually enjoy the game and want it to continue to be successful then not caring about the misery you inflict on others will ultimately hurt you too. People wont keep subjecting themselves to an experience that leaves them with a bad feeling and will simply stop playing DBD and that is not something I want to promote or contribute to causing.

    It always amazes me when killers will tunnel and camp at 5 gens (for example) and they can't get a normal match as people just DC or kill themselves as soon as they get hooked. Like, do you expect people to just be your plaything and stick around for your benefit while you have zero consideration for their fun?

    I always feel bad for killers when they DC too as its usually because of sheer frustration and/or they feel utterly helpless. I don't mock them and make nasty comments as others do, it's usually a sad thing for me personally and I just feel bad

1 2 ›