Anyone else feel that the base kit BT at end game is just broken?

I've noticed that since the Base kit BT has become a thing my kill rate in end game has droped significantly.

Now i know what people are gonna say "Don't tunnel then" but tunneling in end game is a VERY good stratagy to secure a kill. With the base kit BT if the gate is 99ed then 99% of the time the survivor on the hook once rescued is going to get out. And if you try and go for someone else they will tank a hit with their BT so you can't even get a different down.

They stoped DS and OTR working in end game because it gave the survivors a free win effectivly so why does the base kit BT still exist in end game.

With it being increased to 10 seconds with an increase up to 10% speed on top of the endurance effect end game is going to be near impossible against any half decent survivors unless your a bubba :(

Comments

  • Next thing you hear from some survivors is "if someone makes it to endgame they deserve to escape"

  • @crogers271 said:

    I mean...

    If the survivors were able to get 5 gens done

    And the gate 99

    And they take the risk to come back for the survivor

    And they manage to get the survivor off the hook

    And enough survivors are left to body block you without concern

    And you just so happen to not have anything to make them exposed

    -

    Kinda sounds like they've done more to earn the escape than you have a kill in that situation.

    you can apply the same concept for the killer then... you start a chase, he used an exhaustion perk to gain distance, hit 1st time, another litte sprint, reach him again and down down the survior, in the meantime 3 gens pop... all this without even looping... think if the survivor was also a good looper... 60% of their objective done for a single chase... yes, well earned indeed...

  • Not broken at all. If you're camping your last kill, you can easily hit the unhooker as they unhook (assuming you don't just grab them) then chase and down the unhooker. You get a trade out of it, unless it's super close to the exit gate, in which case don't hook near the exit unless there's just no hooks around, in which case you've got bigger problems than basekit BT.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3155757#Comment_3155757

    It's not being narrow minded, it's being mindful of how unbalanced that playstyle is.

    Especially in an era where gens are slower, you don't have a long cooldown after hitting someone and there is an array of perks to choose from to slow the game down.

    The problem is players like you want to have their cake and eat it too. You guys were so happy that they buffed killers that you said "Nice! Now I can Tunnel even better!" <---- THAT is the problem.

    So I digress, 5 seconds BT is what you are complaining about? Spare me. 🙄

    Tbh end game when no gens left is one of the few times Tunneling and Camping is ok because there is nothing left for the Killer to do but Kill lmao. Really 10 or 5 secs of BT at end game will be a loss anyway if the one rescued body blocks for the rescuer then the Rescuer body blocks for the one rescued.

    I personally don't care I run Forced Penance on most Killers now and make them regret Body Blocking lmao.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3157129#Comment_3157129

    I don't care about BT in end game. Even at 10 seconds. I was simply replying to them basically saying "dOnT cAmP 4hEaD" even in end game. That's just dumb 🤷. You might as well just add another 10 seconds to gens, and have no EGC at that point. Just end the game if the last gen gets popped

    *Grabs you by the ear and pulls you to the corner*

    Don't give them any ideas BHVR dosnt need any crazy ideas and the "Survivors" don't need any ammo for crazy ideas....

  • Pair it with real BT and Hope...

    Broken

  • @Jay_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3155727#Comment_3155727

    Well this was exactly the response i was expecting. I'm not talking about during the match. The 5 seconds is fine during the match (although doubling this is a bit extreame just to counter a legit play style).

    I'm talking about in end game when you hook a survivor they get unhooked and you have 0 chance of ever downing them.

    This has nothing to do with "unlimited tunneling skills playstyle" and you just assuming that shows how narrow minded you are (clearly a survivor main who thinks every killer tunnels)

    As i said before tunneling a survivor in end game is a very legit strategy and i don't know why us killers who don't hardcore tunnel are being punished in end game by having survivors immortal off the hook.

    I'm gonna be honest man, if you think camping and tunnelling is a "legit playstyle", then not only do I disagree with you, I genuinely think you're a terrible person who I wish wasn't part of the community.

  • @Jay_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3155823#Comment_3155823

    This was exactly my point. And with the increase in base kit BT going to 10 seconds along with 10% increase in speed it effectively means that every single survivor gets old BT for free with an increased haste effect to go with it. Had nothing against the 5 seconds (except in end game hence this post) but with the increase to 10 seconds thats only 2 seconds short of the perk BT it just allows so many free escapes.

    Count to 10 and then down and before you had to count to 12 and they still had ds so be thankful. Just carry the downed survivor as far away you can from gates and still you can always go aftef the unhooker. I did that usually before so never got hit with ds and I usually lot of times managed to down the ds user too when they tried to abuse bt so then I just waited 60s to hook. But if there is 4 survivors alive you have failed you should at least get 1 kill before endgame in bad matches.

  • It's not broken at all, survivors need some way to punish tunnelling. Tunnelling shouldn't be more free during the endgame than it currently is

  • I wouldn't call it broken. They're increasing it to 10 seconds up from 5. I'd be happy with it being 5 seconds still in the end game specifically because I kinda see what you mean? But going away entirely no way.

    No offense but whenever I see takes like these it's apparent the person stating them play that role way more than the other. Basekit BT was an amazing choice all and all. That 10 second increase might be a tad much imo because if you really feel like you need that down specifically and couldn't afford to go for the savior you either gotta use the BT hit or wait it out even longer than before. But no BT should still exist in endgame.

1 2 ›