Make MMR Score Viewable On Each Killer And Survivor
Just recently learned that MMR Score is showable to people that use hacks. Why can we not see our own? Show the Max MMR Rank so we can compare ours to see how we stack up against it. Even if others' cannot see it, I want to be able to see my own. It would make me feel much better if I struggle a bit in a match due to being high MMR. At least this way, I don't feel like I'm hitting a wall for no reason and it'll help valid people who make arguments about high MMR or low MMR. That's about it.
*Note: Show it like the emblems. Show the number going up, staying the same or going down but only to yourself at the endgame screen. No one can see your emblems? No one can see your MMR, either. Before people start saying that others' will tell others what their MMR is, I can say my MMR is 10,000,000. Can't trust everyone online.
Comments
Yep. I don't see any good reason for our rank to be hidden.
"it'll help valid people who make arguments about high MMR or low MMR"
That is exactly what they are trying to avoid.
Validating people who want to use their or other's MMR as part of an argument is a bad thing, not a good thing.
I know I've said this elsewhere, but outside of satisfying idle curiosity, I don't see what benefit seeing your MMR would give. Most games don't show you the inner workings of their matchmaking system like that, it'd be a weird decision. Heck, I don't even know where they'd put that information.
I'm talking about people who love to say, "Oh, you're not high MMR! You just suck as Killer/Survivor. That's what I mean. MMR itself has no weight since you can be face camped to death as a survivor or have terrible teammates and lose MMR. Killers' who get a super good team, a terrible map or both can lose MMR. MMR should be shown to the person. I don't care if I cannot see anyone elses' MMR but I should be able to see mine. If I'm busting my face against a brick wall, I should at least be shown why. It might not matter to you but it does to me. I quit survivor because it got so aggravating. If I saw my MMR as super high, at least I would be able to rationalize the aggravation and still be able to play survivor. Not knowing anything but every killer is face camping someone from the get-go or my teammates aren't doing nada while I'm being chased, I want to know if its because my MMR got too low or its just super high.
The fact that CHEATERS can see it? It MUST matter then. Why make a cheat JUST to show a persons' MMR? That's because people care about it. Just like people care about pips and emblems. Its a way of showing progress through difficulty. Its why we have achievements in games now instead of cheats to mess around with. Finally, we know how the MMR system works. Escapes and Kills are the only thing that affect MMR. If you don't want to see your MMR, you can choose to hide it from yourself but I personally want to see mine. I don't care if its in the menus and its hidden like our Cloud ID, for example. As long as I can see it and go, yeah, I've got a high MMR and I'm proud of that. Just like people are afraid to show how many hooks each survivor has because they might get tunneled or camped out. Why? They ALREADY DO THAT. If the person has only hooked the only Dwight in the lobby and wants to tunnel, do you think the person is gonna wonder who needs to be tunneled out? No lol. If they're gonna do it, they're gonna do it. Showing MMR won't hurt anyone and if you don't want to show it, don't.
The post that I made to Jester explains what I mean about the arguments thing. Its to valid people incase others want to pull the, "We don't know our MMR level so you might just be terrible at the game and just improve" argument that people love to throw around. Just saying, I have high mmr so listen to me, would be stupid. There is multiple ways you can get to high mmr and balancing by mmr only would be terrible for many reasons.
*Note: Added a comma after, "to me", because it didn't make sense.
I completely agree. I see people are worried about it being used as an argument but people already use it as an argument to say people aren't good at the game already. MMR doesn't equate to literal skill so no arguments should be brought up for it but not showing it? We should be able to see why we're stressing out in matches.
It would be nice to see how my Killers compare to one another
But on the other hand I would stay away from those Killers with High MMR (cause I don't want to sweat all the time)
There's two things I'd like to respond to here-
1: Cheaters show their MMR because they think it matters, that doesn't mean they're right to. Also, y'know, they're cheaters, they probably enjoy knowing they can do and show whatever hidden bits of code they may want, it doesn't mean everything they do has a legitimate function.
2: MMR is not a way of showing progress. It's a matchmaking system. Pips and emblems are designed to be a progression system - not well, but they are designed that way - but MMR is not. It is only designed to give you fair matches, not increasingly difficult ones. They only get increasingly difficult if you can handle that increasing difficulty, in theory.
The only reason i have in mind why they wouldnt like to show the mmr is because they wont feed the people who are talking about bottelnecks in high mmr. Just sad.
Oh boy can't wait for people to use MMR as an excuse for why they lost.
I said multiple times, only YOU can see your OWN MMR. Unless you ask people in endgame what theirs is and you "trust them" to give you an honest answer. Your MMR is meant to keep others' near yours for a fairer match. If your MMR is high, you know you faced a good team. Even without knowing our MMR personally, people make excuses on their losses currently. Knowing your OWN MMR affects no one but yourself.
I might be a bit stupid but what do you mean bottlenecks? Like, lack of people? From what I understand, if there isn't anyone close to your MMR, they'll go down until they can find a match for you. The real bottleneck is people preferring one side, even at a long wait queue, in my own opinion. That or do you mean something else for bottlenecks? If so, please explain because I have no clue.
Yes, i would like to see my own MMR.
But as some said - a big part of the players probably couldn´t handle that.
So i guess it won´t come.
I think as long as it was hidden from others' like the emblems at the end of the match, it would be fine. People would definitely lie about their MMR but who cares. As long as you have the ability to tell them to show a screenshot of theirs, it can easily be debunked. Besides, people should know not to trust whatever a stranger says to them online anyway.