Which mythology/folklore do you want in DBD
Aside from Japanese because we have 3 of those.
Aside from Japanese because we have 3 of those.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I'm patriotic
I always wanted a skinwalker.
It not entirely correct to put it as "Russian", better be "Slavic". And yes, we have lots of fine characters (Baba Yaga, Leshi, Vodyanoy, Koschei, etc)
It all sounds good to me. 🙂 I only picked Greek simply because I’m really rooting for Medusa as a killer.
Ok. I'll fix that next time. I would do it now but you can't edit poll options for some reason
Skinwalkers / Wendigos / Mothman / Bigfoot / Yeti / Chupacabra / Skunk Apes | Terrestrial cryptids in general
I've been pretty fascinated by those lately, would love some of them in the game.
When it comes to Chupacabra, I think it would be pretty cool to have a killer that wanders around on 4 legs, while also being able to stand on two like humans. Pic related:
Imagine this as a killer, charging on 4 legs towards you, only to pop up on two legs after and look like this huge menacing creature.
I'd just like a killer that looks like an Egyptian god.
I can work with it
I'd kill for a Mothman killer
Russian. Its close enough to saying slavic.
I find them interesting.
I'm just asking for a unique and mysterious character to find out more about.
Wendigo or Skinwalker
Same!
But to be honest, I've been wanting a "The Mummy" chapter for years (Egyptian), and I made a post about adding some Native American monsters, too, so I would love to see all of them.
I would love a Greek or Norse based killer
I want literally as much Mythology as any game can handle. If I get into proper game development like I want to, then I'm 100% going to take tons of inspiration from one of my favourite subjects of the world, aka Mythology. Putting in Celtic would make the game more unique. Norse would give it a very nice Viking flair. Grecian (which they have a Minotaur skin, btw) myths are the OGs, so it is never a bad idea to lean on their ideas. And I've not really come across a ton of games that utilise the rest either, so honestly copy + paste what I said about putting Celtic in for the rest. Uniqueness and fun are always good.
2 more days to vote before I call it
My knowledge on Celtic mythology is lacking. What sort of killers would we get? Certainly wouldn't mind a Celtic origin survivor though.
I'd vote for Greek too because Medusa sounds like a great concept. Was gunna abstain but I don't think urban legends sounds that interesting tbh.
... now I'm sad I didn't vote for skinwalkers or wendigos. I think an Egyptian one would be cool. Although celtics have some good mythology going on.
Alright I'm calling it. American urban legends win
Cuca, saci perere, the chupac -- or we riot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMF0x6kbBXk
Germany because I want the Derglobman
Honestly I would like less lore from DbD. The lore from recent years is just too much word vomit that seems to be written by a 6th grader.
I think there are some interesting Celtic or Russian folklore that could be used.
I'd tread lightly on the Native American folklore as native communities have already expressed plenty of times that they are uncomfortable with the appropriation of their culture and myths for horror purposes.
Goatman specifically I think would be cool
What is that?
Google had no answers.
The what ??
Medusa with a power based on direct eye contact gaining hindrance while utilizing mirrors that spawn around the map while playing her, would be fun.
something like La Llorona would be cool hahaha not sure how tho....
Also, incan/mayan religion could be great. Aomething like the monster from No one gets out alive would be amazing,