Pressure, Pressure, Pressure
(Please excuse video quality, PlayStation really compressed the video a lot when uploading, "I hecking love uploading from PlayStation".)
It's always a good idea to try and build up as much pressure as possible, during the start of the match, injuring multiple survivors can either result in people healing (thus not doing generators) or going down quicker in chase (thus allowing you to engage in more chases, people going for saves, and people not on generators) which creates even more pressure.
I think people forget how much pressuring survivors goes a long way towards doing well. One of the things I always recommend newer players to do is pick up on when to take chases, when to push generators, and how to generate pressure when needed.
(In all fairness, I dont really do this as often as I should. Half the time when I play killer, I just turn my brain off and have fun, sometimes focusing on winning can be stressful, so most of the time I let the mindset of winning take a backseat. But in this case I had an archive challenge to complete so worked for it.)
Comments
i think that you went aganist AWFUL survivors, that's why you won so easily... honestly i envy you since for me killer is unplayable right now unless i use nurse and start camping and tunneling (not fun at all tbh). i found funny when people claim that now this game is killer side... maybe at low mmr, but not my matches since i got everytime sweaty tryharders with meta builds who also abuse of the most broken areas in the map (example: someone put an offering for the dredge map and eveytime that i start chasing someone the survivors will ABUSE of that house, which is an infinite), paired with broken tools such as brand new parts together with green toolboxes and green medkits with instaheals (both styptic agent and anti hemorrage syringe) and something that will improve the charges of the medkit...
Im convinced this is an elaborate troll.
My dude straight up used Viktor until 3 of the survivors were injured and then he proceeded to use Charlotte to get downs instead of Viktor.
This is, big killer weapon energy.
Op is a straight up Chad.
I typically do things the other way around, but I was using a Jumpscare Victor build, survivors eventually gave up because I kept jumpscaring them.
They werent the best, but part of it is attributed to late night matchamking just being horrible in general (MMR basically stops working late at night since there arent enough people for it to work properly), Ive had way tougher games before.
Right. You should be using Victor at all times, start to finish, unless you're hooking. That's how Twins wins.
So this video isn't representative for anything except botched matchmaking?
You talk about pressure but i have botched my MMR so hard with my 8hook/0kill playstyle that even just running in big circles around the map and hitting what i find puts up enough pressure for bad survivor that they have problems even finishing their first gen.
I often have to completely stop at 6-8 hooks for them to even get back on gens.
Ive faced tougher players and got similar results, the main difference is between the two is one I have clipped and the other I dont, so obviously with the limitation, Im going to use what I have. Gameplay is just an example of constantly pushing against the survivors, in tougher lobbies, it's not so easy, but still is recommended, pressure is important for both sides and typically the side that plays more aggressive and pressures the most wins.
As to rather this is a good or bad example to use however is entirely subjective. While you might disagree with it, I might agree with it, and vice versa. But that's the beauty of the internet, we all have different opinions and it quite literally doesnt matter at all.
I think his point is you do not need pressure to 4k against potatoes. And pressure does nothing against good players. He is correct, you are wrong. The opinion card does not apply here, redeem it elsewhere, fam.
Dude if you have to play with Nurse and then camp and tunnel, then the only problem you are facing is seriously BS matchmaking. That or you are inflating you're mmr with cheap kills you got by camping and tunneling.
But you are clearly going against survivor players that are better than you.
The game would be in it's most balanced state it ever was, if camping and tunneling were just nerfed. That's what's really bugging so many survivor players at the moment. Without those strategies, the game is fairly balanced. At least if you look at the average balance of the game, obviously maps, items/addons, and killers can still sway the balance into one or the other direction.
So yeah, killer isn't easy now, at least if you play killer normally. But the game can feel unfair and unbalanced for survivors, because of camping and tunneling.
Pressure does nothing against good players? What?
Of course it does, you just have to play good enough to get pressure on good survivors.
dude those survivors are bots.
I swear to god that everyone misses the entire point of what I was saying. But okay, pop off I guess.
If you were talking about survivors bringing in good items (such as strong medkits), I would party agree. Survivor items are designed to reduce the amount of pressure the killer has, speeding up generators, providing a reliable way to heal yourself quickly, etc; Items make a huge difference in how well a team does since it limits pressure until they have been exhausted.
But I wouldnt sit here and act like pressure is useless against good teams. Pressuring a survivor off a generator means one generator isnt being repaired minimum, but I think people forget that when you drop chase to pressure generators, the survivor you were formerly chasing still has to find a generator before they can start repairing. Fundamentally, you are putting survivors into a position where 2 people arent on generators and 2 people are, which compared to 3 survivors on separate generators, it's actually really good, you need to take any amount of slowdown you can get. Using this entirely comes down to game-sense, there is a time and place for everything, you have to be smart with how you play.
Also, I dont think you realize this, but there are a lot of ways of pressuring survivors. You do it while playing the game without realizing it. Slugging during endgame? Pressure. Drop chase to push a generator being repaired? Pressure. Tunneling a survivor out of the game? Pressure. Even something as simple as hitting a survivor is still pressure. And these are just a few examples. Literally DbD is just a constant push and pull game between survivors and killers.
Ive been playing DbD for years (I am an on and off player, but I still have a lot of experience), I ran perkless for 3 months straight last year, I know how things work, dont act like I dont.
There's a point where the potential for pressure is more dependent on survivors than the killer's action.
CoH has killed the type of "spreading damage among survivors" pressure that you're referring to here.
I run Shattered Hope fairly often, so Im big chilling.