There's only 2 survivors left, you are in front of exit gate ready to escape, but your fellow teammate gets downed by the killer and they are on the other side of the map, what would you do?
I'll always try to go for the unhook unless it's a one-hit killer, or the hooked teammate wasn't much of a team player 🤷♀️ then I'll def delta with no guilt and no remorse.
In your scenario on the other side of the map i won´t try. I would die to 98% if the killer isn´t completely new.
But in these rushed cases where i am death hook and the killer is chasing me and i barely get to the hook - because no other would do it - i almost always save the hooked and die.
It depends on the details. If you are healthy and have a perk that is built for a rescue like that then you’ll be much more inclined to try for the save than if you’re injured and don’t have a perk that can help.
A victory for me isn't the survival, but whether I pip or not. However, since the change I'm more cautious with the saves. No need to give the killer any more kills than is necessary.
Unless I am injured or it's an insta-down killer, I'm going back in there. I'd probably get an easy 10-15% more escapes if I didn't play this way, but it's what I enjoy.
Of course this playstyle is the leading cause of me slipping into MMR hell, so it's not without consequence.
I go for the unhook because it's just a video game. I'm not really that hard up to "win". Same when I'm playing killer. I'd rather get 30k with no kills than 15 with 4. Others need the validation because they nothing else to look forward to.
It all depends on the situation. Do I have anything in my build that ensures we both get out? Did they get downed because they were goofing off trying to be toxic?
Overall the general answer is no. The chance of even one person escaping at that point is gonna be small. Let alone both people. Why feed the killer more kills??
Especially since I don't know these people. I'd rather get the large amount of bp got escaping, instead of the small amount for unhooking. I get literally nothing for trading with them.
You think they care? Lol they don't
Now if they added a reason to actually do so, then sure, I might do it.
For a random it depends on alot of things. Do I have an escape challenge? Have I died multiple matches in a row and finally can escape? How was this teammate playing during the match? Did the hide the entire time or were they the mvp? What killer is it and how did they play during the match? Is it even worth the attempt? Or is it more likely I'm just giving the killer an extra kill? Am I in the mood to attempt a risky save? Would I make this attempt for my swf teammate?
Its situational and highly dependent on the killer, the teamate on hook and how good of a match it was. If its an m1 killer that improves their odds of me going for them but if its bubba then Im far less likely. Was that survivor productive? I'm far less likely to want to help a teamate that hid all match. If it was a good game I'm rank 1 and I got a bunch of points. I wouldnt mind swapping with that hooked survivor.
Either way the people who get bent out of shape that you didnt die for them to escape are the worst. Same with the obvious 2 or 3 man squad that leave before the person being hooked even gets a chance to hop off hook.
Depending on the situation is when I decide to stay and help. If it looks like we won't get it I don't even bother but, if there's a chance I'd go for it.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I'll always try to go for the unhook unless it's a one-hit killer, or the hooked teammate wasn't much of a team player 🤷♀️ then I'll def delta with no guilt and no remorse.
I always try to piss the killer off no matter what.
If the killer isn't camping ill go for it, but if im injured and I see them camping there is no point in giving the killer a free 4k
You just have to go for it. It's that much better when everyone gets out.
In your scenario on the other side of the map i won´t try. I would die to 98% if the killer isn´t completely new.
But in these rushed cases where i am death hook and the killer is chasing me and i barely get to the hook - because no other would do it - i almost always save the hooked and die.
If the killer spots me and chases me or if they're camping, I'll leave. But if not, I'll definitely go for the save.
Nope
It depends on the details. If you are healthy and have a perk that is built for a rescue like that then you’ll be much more inclined to try for the save than if you’re injured and don’t have a perk that can help.
Depends on the situation.
A victory for me isn't the survival, but whether I pip or not. However, since the change I'm more cautious with the saves. No need to give the killer any more kills than is necessary.
If I'm not injured or my next hook I die, usually yes.
In most situations I give up my escape. If I don't, it's because I'm on death hook and I want to have at least one escape.
If I believe I can get the rescue and they'll have a decent chance at escaping, I'll go for it. I don't care if I'm dead on hook.
If it's NOED or similar situation where I think it's most likely I'll just end up on the hook/ground next to them, I won't throw my life away.
If it's NOED or Devour Hope and I have time and space I will look for the totem to try and create an unhooking opportunity.
I gotta put me first Lucious.
Unless I am injured or it's an insta-down killer, I'm going back in there. I'd probably get an easy 10-15% more escapes if I didn't play this way, but it's what I enjoy.
Of course this playstyle is the leading cause of me slipping into MMR hell, so it's not without consequence.
Ideally, no hook trading will happen. I'll successfully get the unhook and we both get out. But if I have to trade, I trade.
The game is about having fun. If I can make someone else have more fun, then I'm also having fun.
I go for the unhook because it's just a video game. I'm not really that hard up to "win". Same when I'm playing killer. I'd rather get 30k with no kills than 15 with 4. Others need the validation because they nothing else to look forward to.
To each their own.
It all depends on the situation. Do I have anything in my build that ensures we both get out? Did they get downed because they were goofing off trying to be toxic?
Overall the general answer is no. The chance of even one person escaping at that point is gonna be small. Let alone both people. Why feed the killer more kills??
Especially since I don't know these people. I'd rather get the large amount of bp got escaping, instead of the small amount for unhooking. I get literally nothing for trading with them.
You think they care? Lol they don't
Now if they added a reason to actually do so, then sure, I might do it.
It depends if I'm Iri 1 yet or not. Once I am Iri 1, I play for other survivors. Otherwise I play it a bit more safe.
Unless I have a challenge where I have to escape, it's way more fun to go for it.
It depends on if I'm doing a rift challenge to escape, or if the killer is camping.
Typically I do this if I didn't really do much in the match and the survivor on hook did
I'd rather the person who did the harder part of the match be rewarded. Dying's no big deal if I didn't really engage in chases much
Besides, I know how it feels to run a killer really well then eat dirt in the endgame. It's nobody's fault but it def feels bad.
For a random it depends on alot of things. Do I have an escape challenge? Have I died multiple matches in a row and finally can escape? How was this teammate playing during the match? Did the hide the entire time or were they the mvp? What killer is it and how did they play during the match? Is it even worth the attempt? Or is it more likely I'm just giving the killer an extra kill? Am I in the mood to attempt a risky save? Would I make this attempt for my swf teammate?
Ghostbeaters never leave a man behind.
Its situational and highly dependent on the killer, the teamate on hook and how good of a match it was. If its an m1 killer that improves their odds of me going for them but if its bubba then Im far less likely. Was that survivor productive? I'm far less likely to want to help a teamate that hid all match. If it was a good game I'm rank 1 and I got a bunch of points. I wouldnt mind swapping with that hooked survivor.
Either way the people who get bent out of shape that you didnt die for them to escape are the worst. Same with the obvious 2 or 3 man squad that leave before the person being hooked even gets a chance to hop off hook.
Depending on the situation is when I decide to stay and help. If it looks like we won't get it I don't even bother but, if there's a chance I'd go for it.