FNAF, why or why not?

This is a license that I have always wanted to have and still want to this day. However, it is my understanding that the community is quite split on this. I wanted some insight as to why some of you may or may not want Springtrap/FNAF in DBD.


EDIT: I should probably add, that my favorite FNAF is FNAF 3. I always seemed to have a feeling of dread and anxiousness when playing that game. Very much akin to the start of trial, sitting on a gen, waiting to see if you hear a heartbeat or not... (Then you turn and Myers is staring at you)

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Teslaboi said:

    This is a license that I have always wanted to have and still want to this day. However, it is my understanding that the community is quite split on this. I wanted some insight as to why some of you may or may not want Springtrap/FNAF in DBD.

    Eh, too over hyped for me personally, I just personally don't see the big deal, yeah I know the lore is complex and blah blah, but that's just my take

  • I’d like springtrap but springtrap alone. I don’t think a full chapter would be realistic.

    Also to people who say Fnaf is a kids game read into the story a bit more. Shits darker than 90% of the licenses we have atm

  • Because this time, I don't want Afton to come back, his time is over.

    But actually, the franchise is over hyped, personally don't care for it really. Not only that, they shifted from the actual scary things, to be more accommodating to children which is also a turn off.

  • People don’t want FNAF in dbd cause it has a reputation of having the worst community on par with fortnite and Minecraft. But people forget to realize our community is just as bad as there’s so there kind of hypocritical.


    Another reason is when you look at the first game people claimed it would look extremely silly and goofy to be chased by a 7ft robot Bear. But now we have attack on titan skins and we have Robbie the rabbit skins which is pretty much FNAF if it was added so the silly argument isn’t valid cause we have a lot of silly skins. Also there’s more characters they can use other than Freddy.


    Another problem people would have is what would the power or chapter be cause everyone wants Springtrap that’s perfect Afton is the main villain of the FNAF franchise. But what would be his power and survivor? We all know Fazbears Fright would be a map but we never see any human faces in the FNAF games. One choice would be Michael Afton as a survivor. Springtrap doesn’t really have any powers so making one would be kinda hard. But I believe the devs can come up with something.


    the final point is a little controversial I won’t say anything on this but something happened with Scott Cawthon that caused him to Retire. He didn’t do anything terrible he’s a great guy but to some people he did something that wasn’t supposed to be seen it was leaked out. People believe the devs shouldn’t work with someone like him but that’s not true he didn’t commit a crime as bad as Victor Salva.


    TLDR: I want Springtrap in the game he would be a great killer but people are always very split on it cause of the reasons mentioned above.

  • I personally wouldn't mind Springtrap being in dbd, but just imagining a 8ft green rabbit is kinda funny to me

  • @That_One_Friend said:

    I personally wouldn't mind Springtrap being in dbd, but just imagining a 8ft green rabbit is kinda funny to me

    if they doubled down on his design of having a literal corpse inside the suit and made it look grotesque I think that would be amazing.

  • @Advorsus said:

    I would hate to see FNAF added in any form.

    Putting aside the obnoxiousness of it's player base for a sec, it simply doesn't fit. I'm not a fan of Ringu or the American version, the ring, but it was easy to see how it would fit. Nothing from FNAF fits without just ruining any remaining atmosphere that DBD has left.

    Here's what would happen if FNAF were to be added. You'd first see a huge surge of new players as the FNAF fans flock to DBD. It would make solo queue even worse as you have a huge surge of kids and players that don't understand DBD. It would also destroy the community as you now have a bunch of kids just flooding in. A huge amount of veteran players would leave because they don't want to deal with the FNAF fan base. At that point you'd see the player numbers even out to be about what they are now. Then the FNAF fans, all the finicky ones and the kids with short attention spans will leave DBD in droves as they find new games to play and/or realize that DBD plays nothing like a single player point and click game with jump scares.

    At this point you'd see the DBD player base shrink to between 10k-20k a month at most. But most of the veteran players will have already moved on to other games and would have no real reason to return to DBD without major overhauls and major content dropping.

    It's not worth bringing into this game. The amount of players not wanting it mixed with the amount of finicky players who would just stop playing soon after because it's not FNAF, would kill this game.


    Here is exactly why not.

  • But our community is just as obnoxious LOL.

    The player base argument seems like a reasonable thing to consider but didn't we have a similar thing happen with nemesis on his release? Player count shot u and came crashing down right after, however the game did not die, and I personally don't think FNAF would kill it either but your thinking is reasonable I suppose.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I’d like springtrap but springtrap alone. I don’t think a full chapter would be realistic.

    Also to people who say Fnaf is a kids game read into the story a bit more. Shits darker than 90% of the licenses we have atm

    I would like a map atleast, but not a full chapter. I don't believe there is a person who could fit into the survivor role, especially since we don't see protags other then Gregory

  • @Teslaboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3129832#Comment_3129832

    if they doubled down on his design of having a literal corpse inside the suit and made it look grotesque I think that would be amazing.

    As long as it's not that newer version of springdaddy

  • @Teslaboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3129834#Comment_3129834

    But our community is just as obnoxious LOL.

    The player base argument seems like a reasonable thing to consider but didn't we have a similar thing happen with nemesis on his release? Player count shot u and came crashing down right after, however the game did not die, and I personally don't think FNAF would kill it either but your thinking is reasonable I suppose.

    DBD's community is not the same kind of obnoxious, and you know very well that is true. DBD is just a bunch of salty players who want hand outs and free wins, not people who will argue with you til they're blue in the face about how FNAF needs to be included, or just that you're wrong because you're wrong (especially if it includes FNAF). Both of those happen every time a FNAF thread gets started. People just argue about how it needs to be in the game and refuse to listen to logic or reason.


    DBD also isn't full of 12 year olds. It's mostly older teens and young adults. DBD also isn't marketed to younger children, and that's my personal take on the whole thing. Nothing in DBD is marketed to kids, but FNAF's advertisement straight up is to the younger audience. They will want to join in on DBD and most of us do not want that. I've already seen what it's like in VRChat when you're surrounded by kids. it's god awful. I do not want them to have to think on top of being obnoxious little squeakers.


    The community didn't die after the Nemesis drop because the Nemesis addition wasn't bringing in waves upon waves of people who were going to leave anyway. They just wanted to play Nemesis.

  • I'm pretty neutral on the idea in general, but for people saying it wouldn't "fit into the game" that argument went out the window the second they added k-pop man trickster

  • I never played the game so have no opinion. I also never played Silent Hill or Resident Evil and I like those killers so if the killer from a FNAF chapter is fun to play that’s all that matters in the end to me. 🙂

  • @SonicOffline said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3129859#Comment_3129859

    DBD's community is not the same kind of obnoxious, and you know very well that is true. DBD is just a bunch of salty players who want hand outs and free wins, not people who will argue with you til they're blue in the face about how FNAF needs to be included, or just that you're wrong because you're wrong (especially if it includes FNAF). Both of those happen every time a FNAF thread gets started. People just argue about how it needs to be in the game and refuse to listen to logic or reason.

    DBD also isn't full of 12 year olds. It's mostly older teens and young adults. DBD also isn't marketed to younger children, and that's my personal take on the whole thing. Nothing in DBD is marketed to kids, but FNAF's advertisement straight up is to the younger audience. They will want to join in on DBD and most of us do not want that. I've already seen what it's like in VRChat when you're surrounded by kids. it's god awful. I do not want them to have to think on top of being obnoxious little squeakers.

    The community didn't die after the Nemesis drop because the Nemesis addition wasn't bringing in waves upon waves of people who were going to leave anyway. They just wanted to play Nemesis.

    I guess I just haven't seen that obnoxious side of the FNAF community. I mean I want him, but I get that people will disagree. I don't think it NEEDs to be in the game, though me personally, I would like it. :)

    You seem very passionate about your disagreement to having said license in the game and there is nothing wrong with that. However, I do think it's wrong to assume that most of the community agrees with you. I'm not saying they don't, but you can't possibly know that.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Has something happened recently in the FNAF community? Asking for it in DBD really died down and now I've noticed they are starting to pipe up again.

    Nothing that I am aware of, I hadn't noticed people bringing it up recently. I just was curios more than anything

  • The characters can be adapted to dbd quite well and It's iconic. Most reasons against it amount to "I didn't like it" and "I don't like the people who like it". Lame reasons all around.

  • I literally had a FNAF fan try to argue with me in VC that there was no way it wouldn't be Springtrap during the Hellraiser teasers. After listening to that for awhile I can see why other people are also against including it.

  • @Nun_So_Vile said:

    I literally had a FNAF fan try to argue with me in VC that there was no way it wouldn't be Springtrap during the Hellraiser teasers. After listening to that for awhile I can see why other people are also against including it.

    Ah, ooof, okay that's completely fair why you might not want it haha.


    EDIT: bet he wasn't happy after the fact hahaha

  • @Nun_So_Vile said:

    I literally had a FNAF fan try to argue with me in VC that there was no way it wouldn't be Springtrap during the Hellraiser teasers. After listening to that for awhile I can see why other people are also against including it.

    lol I had the same thing happen during a smash bros discussion with a doomguy fan.

  • I would like a fnaf chapter. Not my first pick by any means but i would enjoy it.

  • @Teslaboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3129900#Comment_3129900

    Ah, ooof, okay that's completely fair why you might not want it haha.

    EDIT: bet he wasn't happy after the fact hahaha

    For sure. I understand getting caught up in the hype, but sheesh. Meanwhile I'm over here like....

    slick-smirk.gif


  • FNaF: SB killed the series and my interest in it. I'm not against FNaF, but I'd rather it not come to DbD and remind me of that

  • FNAF's gameplay is marketed towards kids, and I assume most people play Dead by Daylight for the gameplay and not the lore. FNAF would bring a bunch of children to the game all clamoring for Springtrap. Parents would find out that their kids are playing this game and they would freak out over it. I don't want that.

  • I never cared for it but it's my understanding the success is mostly with a younger audience (although probably less young now)

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    FNaF: SB killed the series and my interest in it. I'm not against FNaF, but I'd rather it not come to DbD and remind me of that

    Agreed if they do it like silent hill 1 thing from each game I hope we don't get that awful pizzaplex

  • Why: A 7ft tall bloody kids party animatronic running at you with it's jaws dislocated and hanging would be terrifying.

    Why not: Everything else

  • @Cybil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3129900#Comment_3129900

    lol I had the same thing happen during a smash bros discussion with a doomguy fan.

    Bummers. Now Walugi fans I can understand, but not Doomguy! :(

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    People don’t want FNAF in dbd cause it has a reputation of having the worst community on par with fortnite and Minecraft. But people forget to realize our community is just as bad as there’s so there kind of hypocritical.

    Another reason is when you look at the first game people claimed it would look extremely silly and goofy to be chased by a 7ft robot Bear. But now we have attack on titan skins and we have Robbie the rabbit skins which is pretty much FNAF if it was added so the silly argument isn’t valid cause we have a lot of silly skins. Also there’s more characters they can use other than Freddy.

    Another problem people would have is what would the power or chapter be cause everyone wants Springtrap that’s perfect Afton is the main villain of the FNAF franchise. But what would be his power and survivor? We all know Fazbears Fright would be a map but we never see any human faces in the FNAF games. One choice would be Michael Afton as a survivor. Springtrap doesn’t really have any powers so making one would be kinda hard. But I believe the devs can come up with something.

    the final point is a little controversial I won’t say anything on this but something happened with Scott Cawthon that caused him to Retire. He didn’t do anything terrible he’s a great guy but to some people he did something that wasn’t supposed to be seen it was leaked out. People believe the devs shouldn’t work with someone like him but that’s not true he didn’t commit a crime as bad as Victor Salva.

    TLDR: I want Springtrap in the game he would be a great killer but people are always very split on it cause of the reasons mentioned above.

    1.  He didn’t do anything terrible. Do not downplay his actions, like fnaf fans always do. He contributed a great sum of money to people wanting to destroy LGBTQ+ rights. He knew what these people wanted to enact, even if he himself did not share that specific view.
    2. Anyone will look good compared to a convicted pedophile, that's a extreme leap and you know it.
  • @Cryptikk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3129830#Comment_3129830

    1.  He didn’t do anything terrible. Do not downplay his actions, like fnaf fans always do. He contributed a great sum of money to people wanting to destroy LGBTQ+ rights.
    2. Anyone will look good good compared to a convicted pedophile, that's a extreme leap and you know it.

    Donating to one group of people doesn’t automatically mean there rights will taken away do you know how many parties exist in a group it would take a lot more than one person to take peoples rights away.

    Also He donated more to pro lgbtq groups then anti. Not all groups are bad it’s just that one group.

    plus we weren’t even supposed to see this information it was leaked. So it’s none of our dam business. We shouldn’t have seen that but someone leaked it and you think it’s ok to harass and wish death on his unborn child because of that?

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130101#Comment_3130101

    Donating to one group of people doesn’t automatically mean there rights will taken away do you know how many parties exist in a group it would take a lot more than one person to take peoples rights away.

    Also He donated more to pro lgbtq groups then anti. Not all groups are bad it’s just that one group.

    plus we weren’t even supposed to see this information it was leaked. So it’s none of our dam business. We shouldn’t have seen that but someone leaked it and you think it’s ok to harass and wish death on his unborn child because of that?

    Lets have a look at some of the people scott donated to then, from this. https://kotaku.com/sorry-fnaf-creator-scott-cawthon-political-donations-1847095005

    Mitch McConnell. He’s the Senate minority leader, and the politician who received Cawthon’s largest donation, $5,000—almost twice as much as the next-highest recipient. McConnell said he opposed the John Lewis Voting Rights Act—a bill that seeks to expand voting access and to stop states like Georgia and Florida from imposing voter restrictions that predominantly affect people of color. He’s also responsible for the confirmation of a number of anti-LGBTQIA+ judicial nominees.

    Tulsi Gabbard. Gabbard is the lone Democrat on Cawthon’s list, receiving $2,500. In 2020, Gabbard introduced a bill that would make it illegal “to permit a person whose biological sex at birth is male to participate in an athletic program or activity that is designated for women or girls.” The bill would effectively ban trans women and girls from participation in high school or college sports.

     Ben Carson. In 2019, he and President Donald Trump tried to impose a rule critics said could have prohibited trans women from seeking refuge in federally funded women’s homeless shelters.

    "So while Cawthon could be the loveliest person that walked God’s earth, the fact that he willingly enabled, with thousands of dollars, the people directly responsible for making queer peoples’ lives objectively worse undermines whatever his personal feelings are for his queer fans."

    But hey he made a cool character and game, so ######### my rights and rights of those like me.

  • and im not sorry for bringing this up, we deserve to be treated fairly an exist, and after David king, this would be a slap in the face to us Lgbt members of this community.

  • I wanted FNAF just to trigger the kids who hated FNAF but loved Stranger Things; however, at this point, I kind of like how the hints are all blatantly FNAF but we do not get FNAF. I want to see them hint at a pizzeria and it is just a Freddy (Krueger) skin.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130015#Comment_3130015

    Agreed if they do it like silent hill 1 thing from each game I hope we don't get that awful pizzaplex

    Even if we don't get the Pizzaplex, we're basically guaranteed to get a Burntrap cosmetic for Springtrap, which would ruin the Chapter for me

  • i no likey scott cawthorn so no thank you

    as much as springtrap's design is awesome and horrifying,that's a ######### license

  • No.

    Why? because I hate it, that's why.

    I think the reasons those who hate it here do is fairly well laid out on previous threads.

  • This is a very sensitive subject; discussing it is fine, but make sure to stay civil and polite on the thread.

  • @Cryptikk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3129830#Comment_3129830

    1.  He didn’t do anything terrible. Do not downplay his actions, like fnaf fans always do. He contributed a great sum of money to people wanting to destroy LGBTQ+ rights.
    2. Anyone will look good good compared to a convicted pedophile, that's a extreme leap and you know it.

    Oh yikes, I wasn't aware of that. That's, unfortunate and given the recent David King announment it would be like stepping backwards... just a shame because otherwise I think springtrap would make such a cool killer.

  • @Teslaboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130101#Comment_3130101

    Oh yikes, I wasn't aware of that. That's, unfortunate and given the recent David King announment it would be like stepping backwards... just a shame because otherwise I think springtrap would make such a cool killer.

    yeah that's why I really dislike FNAF now personally,although I really liked the themes of the earlier games. Security Breach just cemented my opinion of the franchise and with's it creator doing...that... well yeah fnaf is a flat no


    people should not be downplaying the stuff he did

  • @Teslaboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130101#Comment_3130101

    Oh yikes, I wasn't aware of that. That's, unfortunate and given the recent David King announment it would be like stepping backwards... just a shame because otherwise I think springtrap would make such a cool killer.

    I agree he would make a great killer, but the controversy and ill will scott has made is just too much. Especially with his response being:

    image.png


  • @Cryptikk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130206#Comment_3130206

    I agree he would make a great killer, but the controversy and ill will scott has made is just too much. Especially with his response being:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/Q242HM82K16Q/image.png

    RIP, guess it's a pipe dream at this point.


    I guess my questions were sufficiently answered this thread. people that want him, seem to really like the character Spirngtrap, but there is apparently A LOT of controversy with this license that is hard to ignore.... profound sadness

  • @Teslaboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130219#Comment_3130219

    RIP, guess it's a pipe dream at this point.

    I guess my questions were sufficiently answered this thread. people that want him, seem to really like the character Spirngtrap, but there is apparently A LOT of controversy with this license that is hard to ignore.... profound sadness

    yup. this is why we need BHVR to steal the license. Kappa. 😈

  • @Teslaboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130219#Comment_3130219

    RIP, guess it's a pipe dream at this point.

    I guess my questions were sufficiently answered this thread. people that want him, seem to really like the character Spirngtrap, but there is apparently A LOT of controversy with this license that is hard to ignore.... profound sadness

    sorry to let you down on the idea.

    Also, I personally don't wanna see dbd be another source of royalties into his bank account that could go on to people trying to ######### up lgbt peoples rights.

  • Guess Legion bunny outfits will do for now lmao

  • Hell no. As long as Scott will get any kind of royalties or money from this license, absolutely hell no. If it completely switches hands/sells the copyright/etc (so that even he can’t profit off FNAF anymore) and he will get absolutely nothing whatsoever from the FNAF license at that point, sure. Not a single cent, nor a single mention of his name.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I’d like springtrap but springtrap alone. I don’t think a full chapter would be realistic.

    Also to people who say Fnaf is a kids game read into the story a bit more. Shits darker than 90% of the licenses we have atm

    They could add skin of each animatronic

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130062#Comment_3130062

    Even if we don't get the Pizzaplex, we're basically guaranteed to get a Burntrap cosmetic for Springtrap, which would ruin the Chapter for me

    I knowwwa hes so ugly

  • @Cryptikk said:

    and im not sorry for bringing this up, we deserve to be treated fairly an exist, and after David king, this would be a slap in the face to us Lgbt members of this community.

    I'll take a slap for springtrap

  • I used to be neutral about FNAF until I actually explored the game and its lore. Sorry, it is a cartoonish horror for kids that works purely on screamers. Better look for a more worthy addition for the game.

‹ 1 2