Shattered Hope should be base kit

Its so dumb that boons totems aren't destroyed when stepped on. Shattered Hope should be base kit, even if it takes a little longer. Survivors should not be able to reboon the same totem over and over again. Honestly boon totems where the worst addition to this game outside of instant teleport pallets back in the day. They are just super easy mode self care and unbreakble. It heals just as well as old self-care but BHVR won't nerf it more? I call BS. Mostly this is a rant but I see boon totems in nearly every game and I am sick and tired of them. Or reduce them to a certain amount of uses a game, like 2.

Comments

  • @whampyri said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3126369#Comment_3126369

    I wouldnt be apposed to being able to reup a hex totem

    I think this would be good as a perk. Dunno about basekit tho. And some hexes shouldn't work with it I feel. Like NOED.

  • That's not how this works. You replied to other people who "weren't talking to you". Either ignore me or provide an actual response please. I'm trying to you know, use this thread for it's intended purpose. A place to discuss this issue. It seems like you don't want me to reply to you because you didn't like what I said. You can express that without being passive aggressive.

  • @RonMan32 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3169137#Comment_3169137

    That's not how this works. You replied to other people who "weren't talking to you". Either ignore me or provide an actual response please. I'm trying to you know, use this thread for it's intended purpose. A place to discuss this issue. It seems like you don't want me to reply to you because you didn't like what I said. You can express that without being passive aggressive.

    I was just...confused.

    Getting a random notification from a thread I had not seen since last month, and a comment by someone I wasn't even talking to can be a bit confusing.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3169406#Comment_3169406

    I was just...confused.

    Getting a random notification from a thread I had not seen since last month, and a comment by someone I wasn't even talking to can be a bit confusing.

    Fair enough. It just read as a tad rude so I guess I got defensive because I disagreed with you. Sorry.

  • @RonMan32 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3169521#Comment_3169521

    Fair enough. It just read as a tad rude so I guess I got defensive because I disagreed with you. Sorry.

    Apology accepted.

  • @zgameboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3126382#Comment_3126382

    Well yeah survivor perks better not be as strong as a killer perk they get 16 of them

    Stop with this nonsense comparison already pls. Killers have abilities that survivors don't and are quicker. Their perks are generally stronger in 1v1 sense. You can make this statement once you make the game symmetrical. Also survivors needs to mostly use same perk (and everyone at that) to partially counter something killers do for free (e.g. 4x OTR to REDUCE tunnel that doesn't need any perk).

    To the original topic:

    I would even argue boons CoH included are usually bad, because - medkits heal is better. Time to find totem + boon it + heal + all the risks of being found at any stage of this/time wasted (that could be in gens) + killers find it easy by sound/possibly already knew where they are.

    Frankly I would never use boons as CoH is the only one barely worth it - and it's still inferior to old SC (running injured around the map and wasting 2mins to heal is not worth it) and that is the actual state.

    The only saving grace are maps like ironworks (top of main) that waste also a lot of killers time. But that is just exception to rule.

    Make shattered hope basekit and boons are dead. Boons are killers perk at that point.

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3126904#Comment_3126904

    Stop with this nonsense comparison already pls. Killers have abilities that survivors don't and are quicker. Their perks are generally stronger in 1v1 sense. You can make this statement once you make the game symmetrical. Also survivors needs to mostly use same perk (and everyone at that) to partially counter something killers do for free (e.g. 4x OTR to REDUCE tunnel that doesn't need any perk).

    To the original topic:

    I would even argue boons CoH included are usually bad, because - medkits heal is better. Time to find totem + boon it + heal + all the risks of being found at any stage of this/time wasted (that could be in gens) + killers find it easy by sound/possibly already knew where they are.

    Frankly I would never use boons as CoH is the only one barely worth it - and it's still inferior to old SC (running injured around the map and wasting 2mins to heal is not worth it) and that is the actual state.

    The only saving grace are maps like ironworks (top of main) that waste also a lot of killers time. But that is just exception to rule.

    Make shattered hope basekit and boons are dead. Boons are killers perk at that point.

    See no it's foolish to not consider the aspect of a 4v1. It takes time for a survivor to find a totem and light it sure but there is 4 survivors for 1 perk to allow all of them to save immense time being able to heal themselves. Or boosted healing on others. You simply cannot ignore the fact that survivors get 16 perks. You are starting to sound like a finger sucker who throws bottles.

  • As a Mikaela main I'm actually not bothered by Shattered Hope. Most of the time it literally does nothing for me because I memorized all totem spawn locations in the game and can find other totems very fast. It's a bad idea to reboon the same totem anyway because the killer already know its location, so I usually only really do it when it's a very good location where it wastes time for the killer to get to (second floor eyrie of crows, old RPD library, temple of purgation underground/second floor etc). By the time killer snuffs my first boon, I usually already have two or three other totems ready to use (it's my habit to check for spawn locations along the way where I go even if I don't need it right away).

  • @zgameboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3170524#Comment_3170524

    See no it's foolish to not consider the aspect of a 4v1. It takes time for a survivor to find a totem and light it sure but there is 4 survivors for 1 perk to allow all of them to save immense time being able to heal themselves. Or boosted healing on others. You simply cannot ignore the fact that survivors get 16 perks. You are starting to sound like a finger sucker who throws bottles.

    16 perk comparison is nonsense.

    You could compare them by sheer numbers if there were perks like e.g. "recreate hope" perk, that when 2 gens are completed survivors get speed boost, 3 gens are completed all survivors get 1 extra endurance without deep wound effect and at 5 gens all hook counts on all survivors get canceled (with option to snuff the totem by doing it for 14 seconds and it giving no sound).

    Somehow there are no such a strong perks. I wonder why that is the case. Might be that killer is 1 so he needs clearly stronger perks to even it out (and yes - it is even that way. So your 16v4 argument is moot point)

1 2 ›