Are you tired of Plaything/Pent combo?
Just bring a Boon in your setup. If you see your Plaything, just Boon it and don't break it. If somebody DOES cleanse their PLaything in your solo lobby. Just follow it up with a Boon if the Killer puts a Pent there. EASY COUNTER BOIS
Comments
Pentimento can’t be booned, I think.
Also, booning a hex takes way longer than regular totem booning. You might be wasting more time than you’re gaining anyhow.
It takes the Hex out without breaking the bones to give them another spot for Penta.
Also idk about that, unless my Buddy had a glitch in the lobby when I told him about it and he was able to Boon a Penta totem
Yes please waste 28 seconds booning a hex just so I can step on it with shattered hope.
Yes, please waste a perk slot that could be dying light/thanatophobia/PR/gift of the pain to shattered hope!
lmfao
Lmao why tf would I run dying light or thana? xD
My totem hunting build says no
I mean I just stay oblivious or remember the places hexs get destroyed, easy counters tbh pick either one and you dont have to even use a perk
Yes, very annoying lol
And now let's try that again with Shattered Hope.
Or
Bring Counterforce
I'm not sure if the bonus speed is capped or not, but the Legion I used it against was NOT happy with how fast their totems were broken
It has only the cap of how many totems you can do. I tested it and if you cleanse 10 totems the last one you do in like 2 seconds.
Booning Plaything is fairly risky, since the killer knows where the hex is and has reason to think survivors know where it is too. It's not uncommon for the killer to check Plaything totems. But yeah, it's the best counter to Pentimento. That or just ignore the Oblivious.
I don't actually run into Plaything/Pentimento that often. It's a good combo but can be played around a few ways.
I'm very tired of my teammates cleansing several dull totems and then getting slapped with three stacks of pentimento lol
The combo doesn't really see much run, because even with survivors cleansing plaything totems the killer still has to find time to create the pentimento totem. And since generally survivors know where hexes got cleansed, it doesn't take that long for them to locate and cleanse your pentimento totems.
As good as 30% slowdown is, trying to set up and keep it around is kind of hard. And since it's not something that can just be active at the start of the match, good survivors who don't go down quickly can often not be pressured to cleanse their plaything totem.
I just don't cleanse plaything
Don't really care about being oblivious unless it's an indoor map or a map with a lot of LOS blockers
This is probably just do bones early as counter.
Not really, I don’t see pentimento that often.
Yes
Yeah you're right, screw fun and different slowdowns, I'll just be over here with my pop, corrupt, ruin and undying, y'know...sooo MUCH fun
Just ignore it. Chases will end quicker but if your team has a brain and if you’re actually decent at the game you should still win with gen progression. The reason Pent/Play works so well is because survivors waste so much time. Just ignore it and be extra vigilant, slam gens like normal = win.
I used to use Pentimento + Plaything combo before. Then survivors started to get smart and only destroy the Playthings with boons and I started getting 0 value out of it. I decided to change the build since it wasn't worth it anymore.
Yeah, I've been meaning to do a Don't Mess with Hexes build:
Basically Plaything is ok but I kind of prefer other hex effects to the Plaything one and you don't really need literally all five totems to be Hexes for Pentimento to get value.
I really like Plaything since if they go out of their way to break the hexes they are wasting time doing 4 totems and if they don't, you're basically Ghostface for the rest of the match. Blood Favor, Thrill of the Hunt, and Retribution normally get less value than Plaything from my experience. Undying usually isn't good unless you're using Devour Hope and Haunted Grounds need to have a really good timing to be useful.
Shattered Hope should be basekit.
Just to clarify a couple of things: